Wentbridge House Hotel
Great North Road, Wentbridge, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 3JJ, Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Price from £1800 Up to 60 guests
Our Prices Are From:
- £1800 per event
- £7995 per event
Info about Wentbridge House Hotel
Fronted by the old A1 road, (now The Great North Road) Wentbridge House was formerly the home of the Leatham Family, whose daughter, Lorna, married Sir Alvary Gascoigne, one time British Ambassador to Russia.
The Leatham family are well remembered in nearby Pontefract by their association with Barclays Bank - the branch in Pontefract displays a plaque to that effect. The Leatham family’s generosity to the area is also marked by the Leatham Ward in Pontefract General Infirmary.
It was later the home of Colonel George Lyon, MC, MBE of Harkers Shipbuilders, Knottingley. During the Second World War, the house was used as the local headquarters of the British Army.
In 1955, Wentbridge House was purchased by Mr. Edward T. Robinson, Jeweller of Sunderland and Doncaster, with a view to its conversion into a hotel. In 1960, with the assistance of his wife and a professional team of staff, this ambition was achieved and an excellent reputation for the hotel commenced to become established. Following the death of Mr. Robinson in 1967, the business was continued by his widow, later to become Mrs. K. C. Dupuy.
Wentbridge House was sold to the Select Group of hotels in 1987 and subsequently purchased by the current owners, the Page family in 1993. It has been the intention, since this time, to maintain and build upon the superb reputation of Wentbridge House. The hotel now has 41 individually designed and decorated bedrooms, a 2 AA Rosette fine dining Restaurant, stylish and contemporary Brasserie and elegant function rooms for up to 130 guests.
• Wentbridge House is the perfect location for your special day. We have created an elegant, distinctive and relaxing setting. A wonderful retreat from everyday life.
• Since opening as an hotel in 1960, Wentbridge House has built and maintains an enviable reputation as one of the finest hotels in West Yorkshire.
• The gardens and grounds provide the perfect backdrop for the most memorable photographs
• Delicious, 2 AA Rosette food and award-winning wine list
• A highly experienced and creative team that will work with you, customise and create your perfect day.
• On your chosen day, yours will be the only wedding reception taking place at Wentbridge House Hotel.