The Talbot Hotel
Yorkersgate, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 7AJ, Malton, North Yorkshire
Price from £3000 Up to 150 guests
Our Prices Are From:
- £3000 per event
Info about The Talbot Hotel
The Talbot Hotel is situated in the centre of the picturesque, stone built, town of Oundle Northamptonshire and is close to the beautiful St Peters and Most Holy Name of Jesus churches. The hotel is licensed for civil weddings in both the timber panelled Whitwell Room (maximum 70 guests) or in the Westgate Suite (maximum 100 guests). The Westgate Suite has its own bar and provides direct access to our Secret Garden. The hotel provides an historical setting for your wedding but its layout and features also make it a pleasant and relaxing environment for your guests. We think this is an important aspect of a wedding venue.
The Whitwell Suite
Located on the first floor in the main part of the hotel, the Whitwell Suite is accessed by the famous staircase from Fotheringhay Castle down which Mary Queen of Scots descended before her execution and beheading on the orders of her cousin Queen Elizabeth I. This magnificent staircase leads your guests up into the elegance of the Whitwell Suite with original mullioned windows, wood panelled , high ceilings and 2 stunning fireplaces.
Nestled away next to reception, our Snug Room is ideal for any informal occasion. Afternoon tea and small, intimate weddings can also be held here. The room\'s unique qualities make it one of the key features that characterises the Talbot Hotel.
The Westgate Suite
This historic and stunning reception suite can accommodate 120 guests and is located over two floors; the ground floor provides a private bar, sitting area and facilities and has doors leading out onto our secret hotel garden. Meanwhile, the first floor offers stunning beams, an original fireplace and a modern dance floor. For that extra WOW feature the high beams can be lit up with hundreds of white twinkling lights which help to add a magical setting for Weddings.
• Holds a civil ceremony license, enabling you to hold your entire day in one location
• Exclusive use venue - your day will be the only one taking place on the day
• Wentworth Room has the capacity to seat 40 guests, whilst the Wentworth Restaurant can accommodate 60 guests
• Larger events can be held in York House and Marquee for up to 150 guests
• Dedicated wedding manager on hand to work with you on all planning preparations
• All meals are freshly prepared and cooking using top quality local and regional produce