Coggeshall, Colchester, Essex, CO6 1RT, Colchester, Essex
Price from £2850.00 Up to 150 guests
Our Prices Are From:
- £2850.00 per event
Info about Houchins
Our wedding venue has been designed to offer comfortable entertaining for up to 150 people in elegantly simple surroundings. Working with utilitarian 1950’s farm buildings (erected by my grandfather!) we have created a truly unique venue that sympathetically marries concrete, wood and steel with the glorious setting.
We hope the buildings and décor, unexpected from the outside, will surprise and delight you.
What to expect
The Foundry - this has been redesigned to host indoor ceremonies in the afternoon and then transform into a night club for the evening.
The Chitting Shed - linking to the Foundry, this rebuilt zinc and cedar shingle shed is the perfect area for drinks receptions. Huge glass double doors open out onto the west facing terrace and gardens.
The Grainstore - artfully reclaimed as a dining area with capacity to seat up to 150. It incorporates a large fireplace and mezzanine gallery to make full use of the 35 foot high ceilings.
Ceremony Loggia and Wedding Garden - situated in front of the terrace. From May to September you may choose an outdoor civil ceremony in the Loggia with guests seated in a connecting marquee, protected from the vagaries of the British weather.
• Stylish, modern wedding barns and elegant accommodation
• Exclusive, private use of the venue available
• Licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 110 guests
• Receptions for up to 150 seated guests
• Overnight accommodation for up to 16 (bride and family) in the listed farmhouse and our new Honeymoon Lodge for the married couple from April
• Good access from Colchester, Stanstead and London, and just one mile east of Coggeshall on the A120