Hello, my name is Stephen John Cook and I am a professional freelance photographer from Winchester, Hampshire. I first studied photography in Southern Oregon University in 2008 and have since built up a portfolio of work from a range of photography styles such as: Weddings, Theatre, Portraits, Events, Festival, Sports, Business, Food, Bands and more. I work in IT by day and photography in the evenings and weekends through the South of England. I am a highly adaptable photographer, prepared for any eventuality. Always analyzing and on the lookout to capture something unique. I come from a background in Theatre and my first experience was photographing performances and never knowing what was going to happen next. I have been lucky to work like lots of local independent artists and businesses to provide them, with high quality photography to be used as promotional content.
I love being a part of something big, helping those who need it and making everyone happy. I am rarely one of those people who sits down and enjoys the moment as I feel like I am missing out. I would much prefer to be out there, helping others, meeting new people, making new connections and simply getting involved with everything that is happening. I would consider myself to be a rather sociable person who gets along with almost everyone. I am not usually one to shy away in the back ground (unless required). Always love running ideas by my clients and trying new techniques or concepts. I believe I am able to deliver a high variety of professional content that delivers on all areas rather than just one. It is a lot of work, but highly rewarding!
If you would like to know more about me, or have me come and capture some photos for your: Wedding, Event, Business etc. Then please do drop me a message or give me call. I will be more than happy to discuss options and run through examples. I look forward to meeting and working with new and future clients. Have fun checking out my website. Don't be a stranger!
Nancy Maidment• Aug. 25, 2018
Stephen came early to get a feel for our venue, and to find out exactly what was wanted. When the event began he was unobtusive and took photos at all the times we wanted, and also the video we most wanted. At all times he was polite and helpful and very easy to converse with. An excellent service, which I would certainly recommend.
Rebecca Teagle• June 3, 2018
My husband and I were delighted with the photographs that Stephen took at our vow renewal. He managed to capture so many pictures, formal shots, candids, and the small details that mean so much to us. I would highly recommend Stephen as a photographer.
Emma Dexter• Aug. 4, 2018
Our outdoor concerts are summer celebrations with dramatic displays and Stephen captured the excitement and atmosphere of the Battle Proms while working to a tight brief.
Mike Culver• April 21, 2018
We approached Stephen to capture some family portrait photos at Dundridge Nature Reserve, where we usually go walking. It was a beautifully sunny day and he captured some very nice photos of us in a relaxed atmosphere of simply having fun and being a family. I would highly recommend to family and friends
Helen Grime• Feb. 12, 2018
It is fantastic to have Stephen document our Drama Student end of year production at the University of Winchester. Being a graduate from our Department he is clearly passionate about supporting the University and its students and sensitive to the kind of work we do. We use his films to showcase the work at open days and other events which is extremely beneficial. The quality of his work is superb. Stephen is very dependable, easy to contact and always happy to help out with other events. We look forward to seeing him again later this year. Thanks for all the excellent work so far.
Andrew Loretto• Dec. 1, 2017
Stephen has offered his services as event photographer for several Hat Fair events in recent years - particularly our winter version the Woolly Hat Fair. I have been very impressed with how Stephen has managed to capture the character, colour and humour of each event - often in unusual spaces and challenging nighttime lighting conditions - and also how he interacts with audiences and performers in a non-intrusive manner - which is ideal for live performance photography. Stephen turns around the images within a day - or sometimes on the same day - meaning that we have high quality images for social media and marketing purposes straight away. I look forward to working with Stephen on future events.
- What services do you offer?Half Day, Full Day, Price per Hour Photography/Video capture. Editing of photos and video.
- What style of photos do you take?Reportage, documentary, commercial shots. Throughout the day there will be a list of key shots to get and this will be confirmed with the bride and groom. I will also allow for other photos to be requested too. When all the formal group and details shots are complete I will take a lot of reportage shots of guest and friends enjoying themselves. Depending on requirements I would take the bride and groom to a location to capture private, intimate moments. The last photos of the day revolve around the first dance, after which I bid adieu.
- What kind of technology do you use?Canon DSLR's and Prime Lenses
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?I upload photos online to a private password protected album for guests to see and access.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?Typically within 2 weeks.
- Do you send all the photos taken?I take a lot of photos throughout the day and whittle them down to a few hundred rather than thousands of the same image. I keep a backup of the original photos if you require more or a different photo than the ones chosen.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I usually work alone but I have a team of other professional photographers on hand if I need them.
Photography and Video documentation
Editing of Photos and Video
Work delivered digitally