Stephen John Cook Photography
Hello, my name is Stephen John Cook and I am a professional freelance photographer from Winchester, Hampshire. I first studied photography in Southern Oregon University in 2008 and have since built up a portfolio of work from a range of photography styles such as: Weddings, Theatre, Portraits, Events, Festival, Sports, Business, Food, Bands and more. I work in IT by day and photography in the evenings and weekends through the South of England. I am a highly adaptable photographer, prepared for any eventuality. Always analyzing and on the lookout to capture something unique. I come from a background in Theatre and my first experience was photographing performances and never knowing what was going to happen next. I have been lucky to work like lots of local independent artists and businesses to provide them, with high quality photography to be used as promotional content.
I love being a part of something big, helping those who need it and making everyone happy. I am rarely one of th...
Nancy Maidment• 25 Aug 2018
Stephen came early to get a feel for our venue, and to find out exactly what was wanted. When the event began he was unobtusive and took photos at all the times we wanted, and also the video we most wanted. At all times he was polite and helpful and very easy to converse with. An excellent service, which I would certainly recommend.
Rebecca Teagle• 3 Jun 2018
My husband and I were delighted with the photographs that Stephen took at our vow renewal. He managed to capture so many pictures, formal shots, candids, and the small details that mean so much to us. I would highly recommend Stephen as a photographer.
Aimee Holmes• 14 Jul 2017
"I briefly met Stephen at Winchester Hat Fair after he documented some of our work. I was advised to get in you with him afterward to help us produce some film for our company, and I am so so happy I did!
What can I say the guy is a legend! He finished work, hitched a lift to Larmer Tree Festival and sets up to start work straight away. Not only is Stephen efficient, and professional, his calm collected nature was a dream to work with in festival situations. As a director he made the me and ...
Josy Spooner• 7 Oct 2017
Stephen created the most beautiful video for our wedding. He was really attentive throughout the day and worked hard to get the best shots. He filmed in a professional and unobtrusive way and was a great communicator. I would wholeheartedly recommend his services.
Sharon Smith• 7 Jul 2017
"Our friend recommended Stephen to photograph our wedding in Winchester. He was very professional and ensured he managed to meet us prior to our big day and talk to us about what we wanted; he really helped us to think about the photos that would be important to us.
On the day we was lovely, he caught some personal moments without being intrusive and got along with all the party and helped keep us in track with our photos in a pleasant yet timely manner. He captured some lovely shots of our w...
- What services do you offer?Half Day, Full Day, Price per Hour Photography/Video capture. Editing of photos and video.
- What style of photos do you take?Reportage, documentary, commercial shots. Throughout the day there will be a list of key shots to get and this will be confirmed with the bride and groom. I will also allow for other photos to be requested too. When all the formal group and details shots are complete I will take a lot of reportage shots of guest and friends enjoying themselves. Depending on requirements I would take the bride and groom to a location to capture private, intimate moments. The last photos of the day revolve around the first dance, after which I bid adieu.
- What kind of technology do you use?Canon DSLR's and Prime Lenses
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?I upload photos online to a private password protected album for guests to see and access.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?Typically within 2 weeks.
- Do you send all the photos taken?I take a lot of photos throughout the day and whittle them down to a few hundred rather than thousands of the same image. I keep a backup of the original photos if you require more or a different photo than the ones chosen.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I usually work alone but I have a team of other professional photographers on hand if I need them.
Photography and Video documentation
Editing of Photos and Video
Work delivered digitally