James Larkin Photography
I'm a Wedding and Portrait Photographer based in the West Midlands, but willing to travel all over the UK and even abroad for work (I've previously photographed weddings in Jamaica, Malaysia and Ireland!).
I set up my business in 2005, and have worked full time as a photographer ever since.
My aim is to produce stylish and elegant images that you'll treasure forever.
- What services do you offer?Wedding Photography Engagement Photography Event Phototography Portrait Photography
- What does the wedding package include?I offer a range of wedding packages (please check my website for full details), but all come with the following: Free Consultation Free Engagement Shoot Agreed length of coverage: 4 hours, 8 hours or as long as required. Graphistudio Wedding Album. Parents books and other extras are available in some packages. DVD of all of the best photos from the day can be added on to any package at a supplementary cost.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?N0! I will only ever take a booking for one wedding on any given day.
- What style of photos do you take?I vary my style of photography to suit the client's requirements. I am happy working in all of the following genres: Formal Informal Reportage Black&White Stylised Fun
- What kind of technology do you use?In my standard wedding set-up I use two Canon 5D MKII's suspended on a harness (keeping my hands free!), with a variety of lenses (e.g. Canon L Series 24-70mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200mm F2.8, Canon 50mm F1.4, Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 etc etc), a variety of flashguns, triggers, stands, modifiers, and I also have a couple of back up bodies and a massive supply of CF cards and batteries etc.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?I provide client's with an online password protected gallery containing all of the best images from their wedding. These can be found here: https://jameslarkinphotography.zenfolio.com/
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?My standard contract gives a turnaround time of one calendar month from the date of the wedding, but I always aim to beat this and get the images to my client's as soon as possible. I'm happy to work to specific deadlines for image turnaround if required.
- Do you send all the photos taken?I don't send the client's every image that I take, I sort through all of the images taken, select the best ones, edit those, and then send those to the client! At a typical wedding I may take as many as 2000 images, but I will only send the client the best images from the day, typically 200-400 images.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I usually work alone, but I do have reciprocal arrangements with other photographers, who I can call on if the job requires more than one photographer.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?I usually work alone, but I do have reciprocal arrangements with other photographers, who I can call on if some dire circumstance arises which prevents me from carrying out the job. ...I've only had to do this once in my 13 years in the business (and the client was happy with the arrangement I made!), so it's extremely unlikely to happen, as I'm very reliable!
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?My standard contract leaves the copyright of any images I take with me, so I am usually able to publish any wedding images that I take, and use them in advertising and on my website etc. I am however happy to sign over the rights to images that I take, but this needs to be agreed to in advance, and there will be an extra cost for this.
Free Engagement Shoots
Wedding Photography (Ruby, Golden, Diamond and Sapphire Packages!)