Cafe L'ard are available for private dining in your own home - or at your holiday rental - and for for buffets/canape receptions at your chosen party venue. Our chef has thirty years' experience and specializes in patisserie and in vegetarian and vegan cuisine - that does NOT mean you can't have meat! We are very happy to use meat, fish, offal etc in the classical French style, as well in the more modern modes. What we will not do is serve you processed rubbish masquerading as foodstuffs - we do not use vegan "cheese" or soy "milk" or gluten-free "bread". We prefer to create dishes which will fulfil someone's dietary requirements while still containing good, wholesome, REAL food.
If it's a very serious celebration, we can tailor a special menu with you and serve it plated in the formal style.
Or if you prefer you can choose from one of our Feast Menus (e.g. Moroccan, Thai, Vegetarian, Italian, Indian etc) when an assortment of dishes will be placed on the dinner table at each course for guests to help themselves and pass around to each other - this makes for a very relaxed and friendly occasion.
Buffets and canape receptions can reflect your own tastes or you can leave the choices to us, as you prefer.
- What services do you offer?One chef, one waiter. We can provide more waiting staff if required.
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?No, we have no facilities of our own.
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?If there are cooking facilities available, we might, depending on the menu.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?Of course. We will create your menu together!
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?We specialise in vegetarian/vegan, but our chef is classically trained, has 30 years' experience, and is equally skilled with meat and fish, so we can cook pretty much whatever you want.
- Do you offer special menus?Of course. We will create your menu together!
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?We can certainly make a wonderful fruit cake (full of brandy!) for you to ice as you wish. We do not offer any sugarcraft services.
- How does the open bar work?We do not provide bar services.
- What is included in the menu?Shopping, cooking and service of the food. We do not provide cutlery, crockery, glassware, table linen, table decorations or drinks.
We need you to have a kitchen avaiable for us to use! It needs to have a minimum of an oven and a hob -and they both need to be fully functional, please. If you have a fridge we can use, that would be great but isn't essential. A bit of space for us on a freezer shelf will increase your menu options but again, isn't a deal-breaker.
We take care of all the food - planning, shopping and cooking - and we clear up after ourselves in the kitchen before we leave you to enjoy the rest of your event. If we need specialist cooking equipment we will bring it with us.
We can provide waiting staff if required.
We do not provide cutlery, table crockery, glassware, furniture, table linen, table decorations, drinks of any kind.
If the event is a Feast, a buffet or a canape reception, we will bring our own serving ware.
If your event involves your guests sitting at a table, you will need to dress the table for the event yourselves. We will clear the table down to the wood when the meal is over - unless you would prefer us not to!