Avenue Jazz Duo
Avenue are a cool, stylish and versatile jazz duo, making them a perfect addition for a variety of events such as weddings, meals, and formal parties. Being a duo makes the band ideal for smaller venues with the additional benefit of being affordable!
With a repertoire of over 200 pieces, Avenue adapts every set to make sure it suits the mood and feel of your function. Song requests prior to the event are welcomed too, to make the event more personal and memorable.
The band boasts an impressive list of prior clients, most notably: Amazon, Holland and Barrett, The Hut Group, and even an appearance on Channel 4's 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown!
The duo can be augmented with their drummer for a more full sound, suitable for the larger venues.
Avenue offer flexible set times, so while the most popular set is 2x45 minutes, other set times can be arranged.
The band provides all their own equipment, all you need to do is provide the power sockets!
Even though they are Liverpool based, Avenue can be booked UK-wide.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Avenue are a traditional double bass and piano jazz duo, perfect for background music for any sized venue or event!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?-Adaptive set list, send us pieces in advance and we'll learn them for your event -Duo so we fit in smaller venues, yet can also produce a sound large enough for big venues -Affordable, only 2 of us so less people to pay! -Always dress smart -Friendly attitude
- What kind of events do you usually serve?-Weddings -Parties -Meals -Corporate Events -Restaurants
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or Direct Debit
- How long do you play for?Most popular is 2x45 minutes though other times can be arranged.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Roughly 2x4m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually 1 for 15 minutes, though we can play through if arranged.
All the Things you are
Dear Old Stockholm
Fly Me to the Moon
The Girl from Ipanema
Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
Green Dolphin Street
I Could Write a Book
La Vie en Rose
Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
My Favourite Things
My Funny Valentine
On the Sunny Side of the Street
Softly as a Morning Sunrise
Take the A Train
What a Wonderful World
You Are Too Beautiful
And many, many more!