We are a small family run business, cooking South Louisiana food in South East England. With a small family and overrun with boys I know what’s required to keep their tummy’s full.
Our meats are hot smoked over lump wood charcoal plus a handful of wood chips (in a Pitt Barrel smoker) and for a long time! Each dish is made up using a rich sauce and amazing spice mixes! And, most using the ‘holy trinity’ of ingredients (celery, green pepper and onions). It’s warmth and happiness for the heart, tummy, and soul! I am able to produce vegetarian dishes, meaning ‘no person is left behind’.
Where possible I try to use local suppliers; our friendly village butchers are the best!
We are available for parties & corporate events. And you will find us at a few food festivals, street markets, and fairs.
- What services do you offer?I am able to offer; -hot buffet with traditional cajun dishes. -3 course set meal for 20 in a home setting.
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?No I do not offer any venue option.
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?Yes I cook on location, however I do have a complete gazebo set up so am able to cook outside.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?Yes completely. Most of my dishes are gluten free, some are dairy and vegan as well. As all dishes are completely cooked from scratch, if there is a particular element that you would like changing (less spicy, less smoke flavour) then I am able to adjust my dishes.
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?I offer traditionally cooked cajun dishes. These are dishes found in South Louisiana/ New orleans. The food can be spicy with smoked flavours.
- Do you offer special menus?I can offer 3 course meals, or additional beignets and coffee.
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?No I do not offer wedding cakes.
- How does the open bar work?I do not have a bar.
- What is included in the menu?Jambalaya - The dish is a sweet tomato rice dish, similar to a paella and with a smokie spiced flavour. This can be offered either a meat or vegetarian option. Brick roux Gumbo - this is a rich stew with the holy trinity (peppers, celery & onions) served with rice. This can be offered either a meat of vegetarian option. The above dishes would come along with side garnish/salad.
Buffet - Hot food
Street vendor style
2 course set dinners
3 course set dinners