For any event, finding someone to capture special and amazing moments is vitally important. However, quite often you can be spoilt for choice or even not know what your options are. We’ve made a list of our top tips to help you choose the right supplier for you.
There are many different kinds of photo and video services on our platform
Wedding Photographer, Event Photographer, Asian Wedding Photographer, Vintage Wedding Photographer, and Videographer.
Specifying which one you’d like is the first step to narrowing down your search.
Try and be as descriptive as you can where possible
…especially when telling the supplier:
- What service you require
- What kind of shots/video you would like
- Where the service you require needs to be
- How long for
- If you have any specifications (e.g. Vintage Photobooth or Asian Photographer only) then we can specialise which suppliers we invite to look at your event request.
- How you would like your end results (Print, Digital, DVD, Album)
Have a budget in mind
Each kind of supplier will have differing costs.
Photography will cost less for only a few hours.
BUT, if you want it for a full day it will cost more.
If your budget is £200 or less you’re unlikely to get anything for a full day.
The average price for photographers is: between £400-£900
The average price for videographers is: between £400-£1000
Find out what packages they offer
Some photographers/videographers will quote you one price for a certain package but may have others on offer that might suit you better. Don’t be scared to ask about what they offer. It may be they have a pricer package, but that is perfect for you.
It may sound obvious but…
…chat with the supplier about your requirements before booking
Don’t be scared to ask to say things/ask questions like:
“I’m sorry your work is great, but you’re not what we’re looking for”
“I love your work, but are you also able to do this?”.
It’s YOUR event and if you don’t click with them, it’s not meant to be. Find someone you get on with and who is able to capture your event just how you want it.
How many staff will there be?
Some photographers/videographers will not come alone. They may have second shooters or if they are offering video services, may have more than one camera to get different angles. Find out how many will come and, if you’d like more than one person but they don’t state this, find out how much it will cost to have an extra person.
There are many things you’ll need to find out from the supplier:
- How long the post-production for photos will take and bear in mind that processing your event photos might take an extended period of time as they are shooting RAW files, far bigger than your average JPEG.
- How long the video will take to edit (if you have chosen this option)
- How many images you’ll get.
- If they’ll be high or low resolution
- What the final product will look like (e.g. are the photos you select the final ones or will these be retouched?)
Let us know if something isn’t working or you need help
Send us an email or give us a call and we can help you.
- A supplier you require isn’t responding – we can try and contact them to speed things up.
- You’re unsure how to proceed with something – we are on hand to help you.
You can always refer to this guide too: https://poptopukhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/categories/200841315-For-Poptop-Clients
If you don’t fancy a photographer or videographer, but still want something to make your event special, we also have a wide range of Photo Booths! These are a fun and exciting way to make sure you have great memories of your event.
Check them out on our catalogue: https://www.poptop.uk.com/suppliers/photographer/photobooth/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.