When it comes to amazing Halloween party ideas, there are so many to choose from its chilling!
Halloween is the perfect time of year for a spooktacular party, so why not go all out with it? From decorations to food to costumes, the devil is in the detail! The origins of Halloween date back to 2,000 years ago, so there are plenty of options to go for when considering DIY Halloween decorations or Halloween party activities.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, we’re here to direct you! Just head to the graveyard, turn left at the big gravestone, keep walking through the spooky fog… just joking! Poptop have put together a list of great Halloween party ideas all in one handy list for you, everything from Halloween makeup ideas, to Halloween games for both adults and children. For a party that will leave your guests cackling, take a look, here.
Guide to Spinetingling Halloween Party Ideas
Halloween Costume Ideas
Whatever your favourite spooky character, there are so many amazing Halloween costume ideas to choose from! Costumes can be either shop bought online or from your local joke shop, or if you prefer to be more hands on, you can go full DIY and create your own Halloween costume. You could base your costume on a traditional Halloween creature such as a zombie, a black cat or a vampire, or even go for a more modern option such as a film or TV character.
Classic Halloween costumes include:
- Black cat
If you’d like to go for something a bit more modern, why not choose from one of the many famous Halloween movie characters?
- Freddy Kreuger
- Morticia Adams
- Michael Myers
- The Babadook
Halloween Makeup Ideas
Your Halloween makeup is a crucial part of your costume! If you’re not into big or elaborate costumes, you could even just use makeup to transform yourself into a creepy Halloween monster. You can also learn how to do some incredible Halloween makeup from these fantastic YouTube tutorials;
Halloween Decoration Ideas
While many fantastic Halloween decorations can be shop bought, DIY Halloween decoration ideas always go down a trick or treat! If there is a particular theme you want to follow, such as a spooky graveyard, haunted house or enchanted forest, it’s a great idea to create decorations that fit with the specific topic. If you’d like to go all out with it, you could even decorate each room in a different style.
Why not get crafty with some black crate paper to cut out silhouettes of bats, witches brooms or black cats for some classic decorations? Or, if you’d like to go above and beyond, you can really get creative with some special effects or larger than (after) life scenes. Here are just some ideas.
Halloween Party Food Ideas
One of the best things about Halloween parties is the food! There are so many delicious Halloween food ideas to choose from, you’re guests will be asking to leave with a trick or treat goody bag!
For an authentic Halloween party, it’s important to stick with the eerie theme in the kitchen! Spooky food options can range from fun, basic party food to more flamboyant dishes for those with impressive culinary skills. Don’t forget some fun Halloween cocktails to add some poison to your punch!
If you’re looking for something extra special for your Halloween party food, why not book some catering? Poptop have hundreds of different caterers available and waiting to give you a quote! They may even be able to put a bespoke Halloween menu together for you. How about:
Cocktails & Mobile Bar
Halloween Party Games Ideas for Adults
Halloween can be enjoyed by people of all ages, that includes adults! It doesn’t just have to be kids that get to join in with Halloween party activities. If you’re looking for adult Halloween party game ideas, here are some options!
- Murder Mystery – plan a murder mystery for you & your friends for an interactive witch hunt
- Horror movie marathon – a classic!
- Couples costume contest – why not dare your friends to dress up as Halloween couples for the evening and have a prize for the best dressed pair!
- Food eating contest – who can finish the quickest? Choose from party food such as ghostly marshmallows, ladyfinger hotdogs or pumpkin pie
- Mummy wrapping contest – who can create the best mummy in under 2 minutes?! Time your friends turning each other into mummies using toilet roll and other crafty materials
- Recreate a famous movie scene – why not use social media such as Instagram to create funny stories of you and your friends (safely) recreating well known Halloween movies scenes?
- Alcoholic bobbing for apples – a spin on the traditional Halloween game
If you’re really looking to go large and make an impact on your party guests, why not hire something different? Poptop have many different suppliers available, including entertainment! Here are our suggestions:
Halloween Party Games Ideas for Kids
Children love Halloween as much as adults do! It’s a great time of year to dress up and throw a party for your kids, friends and family. As well as fun food and music, keeping little ones entertained at Halloween parties is really important. If you’re stuck for Halloween games for kids, here are some DIY Halloween party games ideas:
- Pass the parcel – wrap up some Halloween treats and use them in a game of pass the parcel
- Scavenger hunt – hide some Halloween sweets and let the kids loose on a scavenger hunt
- Costume contest – who’s the best dressed at the party?
- Pin the spider on the web – like pin the tail on the donkey, but Halloween!
- Pumpkin decorating competition – a change up from the traditional pumpkin carving to keep things a bit safer!
- Donut eating competition – try dangling donuts from a string and watch how funny it is for the kids to finish them first!
- Don’t touch the balloon – move a balloon from person to person, without using your hands!
Kids entertainment is extremely popular for parties and Poptop and have the best children’s listed on our website!
When looking for Halloween party ideas, it’s important to think about who is coming to your party and what kind of experience you want them to have! Would you like the party to be fun and lighthearted, or would you like your Halloween party to be scary and creepy? Additions like DIY Halloween decorations, party games for adults and kids, Halloween inspired food and creative Halloween costume ideas all make for a fantastic party, so let your imagination run wild!
If you’re looking for extra services for your party, like a DJ, photographer or caterer, we have loads to choose from on Poptop! Why not send us a request and we can get some quotes from our suppliers for you, here.
Marketing Manager at Poptop – UK Leading Events Planning Concierge Service
Pingback: Trending Now: Outdoor Cinema - An Ultimate Guide By Poptop
Awesome Resources. Thank you for sharing your experiance
This is a nice building. It will be a waste to demolish it.
my blog residences