Jim The Magician
I am a full-time professional close-up sleight-of-hand magician based in Edinburgh, specialising in weddings and corporate events, but also perform at parties, dinners, charity occasions, bars/restaurants and festivals throughout Scotland and beyond. I specialise in close-up card magic, but also perform magic with other objects like a ring, chocolate bars, etc...and provide some mind reading magic as well. Many guests can keep souvenirs including playing cards, envelopes, chocolate bars, lollipops, etc...I am well known for magic various objects disappear and reappear in impossible locations.
The type of magic I provide mostly is strolling magic round small groups of people and/or sitting at a table.
I have had the pleasure of performing for some well known companies, including EY, Royal Bank of Scotland, Baillie Gifford, Scottish Whisky Association, Glasgow Science Centre and the National Museum of Scotland. I am also resident close-up magician at the world famous Pleasance Courtyard during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. I’m also resident magician at The Pitt Street Market (Edinburgh) and Heb Celt Fest (Stornoway).
I have 57 FIVE Star Google Reviews, which you can find by doing a Google Search for 'Jim the Magician Edinburgh'. Also, check out videos of me performing on my website.
As part of my company Beyond Belief Magic, I also teaches magic to beginners and intermediate level, both on a one-to;one basis and in small groups.
Richard Rennie• June 29, 2019
Jim was a magnificent magician and his tricks were very entertaining for everyone! Feedback from all guests was, without exception, fantastic and long after Jim left, we were still speaking about the tricks and how he did them. I’d be very happy to recommend and would use Jim again without question.
Alan McDonald• May 9, 2019
Jim did brilliant show in our home for just the three of us and we absolutely loved it. He's warm, funny and the magic itself ranges from fun to mind-blowing - and all up-close. Card tricks, mind-reading, fire(!)... it had it all. He's fantastically entertaining and worth every penny.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes, I do. I perform at Festivals, Street Food Markets and other outside events across Scotland, which is outside. My magic does not work well in the rain. So if outside, there needs to be some covering.
- How long is the act?Can range from 45 minutes to all day, it depends on the requirements of the event.
- What type of magic do you performClose-up sleight-of-hand magic, mainly with cards, but also with everyday objects like a ring, KitKat, etc...
- Will your magic suit my event?I provide magic for families and adults.
- How many people will you perform for?It can range from a small group of people (e.g. 6 people) up to a large group (e.g. 300 people).
Jim the Magician provides close-up sleight-of-hand magic to families and adults.
As part of his business, Beyond Belief Magic, he also teaches magic to beginners and intermediate level, both on a one-to one basis and in small groups. Why not combine the new and have me perform at your event and teach some magic.