Hi there! My name is Paavan. I've been performing magic professionally for over 6 years, starting at events at the University of Oxford and more recently at venues across London. My performing highlights including performing at a ball in Bleinheim Palace, in a gala show in a ski chalet in the Alps, and having a solo show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Gordon Hao• 3 Feb 2018
Every single one of Paavan's tricks was genuinely ridiculous — just when you thought you’d seen something mad, he’d then take it up a level and do something completely absurd. Paavan is not just any party magician: he has that rare combination of being able to do absolutely incredible stuff while still being friendly and personable. As every guest would no doubt agree, the Cambridge Pink Week Ball 2018 could not have been successful without him.
Sam Dottin• 12 Dec 2016
Paavan helped make our Marie Curie staff and volunteer Christmas Lunch so fantastic. Paavan's magic skills were amazing and had people laughing, shrieking and utterly gob-smacked! People were talking about it for days afterwards. It was the perfect entertainment for our event and people felt so at ease with him. Our staff and volunteers work so hard, so it was nice to be able to offer them a ‘bit of magic’ during Christmas. Thank you again!
Dickie Cartwright• 3 Apr 2017
"A thank you to Paavan, our magical man /
'Cos he can do tricks that no one else can /
Jaws dropping hard; guests losing their s**t /
And great fun himself — a man of great wit."
- Can you perform on a stage?Depending on the scale and timetable of your event, I'd be very happy to perform walking around as well as doing a small stage act (anywhere between 10 - 45 minutes). In 2015 I took my solo magic show to the stage in Edinburgh at the Fringe Festival so have a full act which I can perform. However, having a magician on a lineup alongside music acts can sometimes be tricky -- if it's something you're considering, please get in touch and we'll work it out!
- Do you do open-air acts?I am happy to work outside if your guests are happy to be outside -- i.e., not if it's freezing cold or if it's bucketing with rain.
- How many people will you perform for?As a rough guideline, one hour of 'strolling' magic is enough time to show 50-75 people something by walking between small groups or tables. This can change depending on timings and venue size however, so please get in touch for a plan tailored to your event!
- Will your magic suit my event?Yes! A lot of people will only have seen a magician on TV and never performing up close, so for them it will be something to remember. Watching magic is entertaining and enthralling -- so whether your event is small and intimate, or packed with crowds of guests, having a magician roaming through the crowds is sure to bring a smile to faces.
- What type of magic do you performI perform a lot of card magic but mix in magic that uses other small props that I carry on my person (e.g. with coins, jam jars, pens, watches and so on).
Walkaround magic / Close-up magic / Table magic / Cocktail magic