Top Hat Kids are a local children's entertainment company specialising in children's discos, smiling children, magic shows, happy kids, bubbles, games, dance contests and free prizes, too! We've been established for 12 years and have more than 2000 shows under our belts, so we're a great choice for your children's party!
Jane Treasure• 11 Nov 2017
Thanks for a great party today, Mark. You aimed it perfectly at the age of the children and kept them all fully entertained the whole time. Lots of parents commented on how good you were. I'll recommend you in future.
Kelly Welch• 13 Nov 2017
Had Mark come and entertain bout 35 kids at my daughters 5th birthday party on Sunday. Omg he is amazing. All the kids loved him and adults alike. Kept all children entertained for 2 hours. Absolutely fantastic and made all the children feel apart of all games magic etc. Would definitely recommend. Thank you for making Emily's party so enjoyable and 1 she will remember.
Gemma Hillier• 26 Aug 2017
We hired Mark for our sons christening and the kids absolutely loved it! Mark kept all of the kids entertained and on the dance floor for 2 hours so the adults could relax. Everyone commented what a great entertainer he was and what a good idea it is to hire him for a function. Would highly recommend!
Anne-Marie Murphy• 6 Nov 2017
We booked Mark for our daughter's 5th birthday, with 24 children in total. He somehow managed to have them all completely engaged and entertained for the full 1.5 hrs. The kids absolutely LOVED it and we had lots of compliments from the other parents about how great he was. Would definitely recommend him.
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?No, although I would always advise a minimum of 10. I can provide prize bags for up to 30 children, so if you plan on inviting more than 30 children please get in touch so I can plan for this! There will usually be a small extra charge for more than 30 but this just covers those costs.
- What experience do you have working with children?Not only have I been a children's entertainer for 12 years, but my mother was a foster carer while I was growing up, so there were always children in the house. I feel comfortable around children of all ages and this helps the children themselves to relax and have fun whenever I'm at their parties!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes, and this is available on request.
- How long do you need to set up?Although I can be set up in as little as 5 minutes, I usually ask for 15-30 minutes.
- Do you do open-air acts?As long as cover is provided for both us and the children then we will perform indoors or outdoors within reason.
- How many people will you perform for?There is no maximum limit to the amount of children that we'll perform for, although I do usually advise a minimum of 10 as you'll always find a few of the children are shy at the start and need to warm to the environment before joining in. The perfect amount of children for an intimate and fun party is 20-30. We do school discos as well, and these can go up to 150 at times!
- Will your magic suit my event?The magic is aimed at children, so if you are looking to have children entertained then absolutely. You might even have one or two parents paying close attention! Please bear in mind, though, that we do not currently offer adult magic.
- What type of magic do you performWe perform simple, child-friendly magic.
- How long is the act?Up to 2 hours long, it is usually best to go by the age of the children. Younger children (under 5) its usually advisable to book 1 hour, where 5+ are usually fine with either 1 hour 15 minutes or a full 2 hour party.
All party types include free prize bags for up to 30 children.
Magic Disco - our most popular party, it combines the best elements of both the Magic and Disco parties. flashing lights, music, magic...