Hi there – Welcome! We know you’re busy so we’ll keep this brief. We are Funk City and we know what you want.
You want to have a fantastic time. You want a band to play classic, upbeat and popular songs that everyone will love. You want those songs to be varied enough to get everyone dancing, whether they are young or old. You want to have the best time and create amazing memories for you and your friends and family.
Are we close? If so…
Funk City band.
This fantastic band play everything from Prince to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air from The Beatles to James Brown and from Oasis to Otis Reading and they are the band to hire to get your Wedding or Xmas Party guests dancing the night away
Kellie Jones• 14 Sep 2019
Couldn’t recommend them more, Funk City Band were in touch as soon as I booked them for a 40th bday party and were incredibly accommodating and flexible, making sure they had all the details of the event. On the night they created a fantastic atmosphere and managed to engage the audience and get everyone dancing with the Jukebox Mash-up and their awesome music knowledge of what we’re some quite eclectic requests! Already trying g to think of an excuse for another event 😊
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Brilliant, fun and professional party band.
- What are the highlights of your career?As well as playing private parties for Robert Downy Jr, Prince Charles and a few jams with Ed Sheeran (name drop CLANG) we played our 490th wedding in Sept of 2018. Trust us. We got this :)
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have all equipment and wealth of experience. We say 'Good enough is not good enough!' We have skills to get an audience involved that a lot of bands don't have. We genuinely enjoy ourselves and want you to as well.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private parties and weddings are what we normally perform at. However anywhere where there is a need for great live music we would love to play at.
- Who are your previous clients?490+ weddings rocked, 8.5k other events and corporate parties for Microsoft, Amazon, HSBC banks and other larger companies over 14 years.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept all forms of payment in any way possible. We can also provide all invoices and contracts.
- How long do you play for?Usually 3 x 40 mins. We can tailor the length to any client requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have full PA and lighting. Plus PAT certificates for all equipment.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. Tested and updated yearly. £5m public liability insurance.
- How much space do you require?it depends on the size of band. We can fit into every event space and don't normally have any issues.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely! We will learn any songs free of charge. We have an act called the Jukebox Mash up. the audince can request ANY song in the world ad we will attempt it live. It's so funny.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would work closely with all clients to work out what's the best timing for each individual event.
- Are you incredible?We're glad you asked this. YES totally. We will, WE WILL ROCK YOU.
Funk City Party Band – ‘the 4th greatest band in the world’.
Full Set List – Feel free to highlight any songs you DO and DON’T want at your event.
Superstition / Kiss / oh what a ...