Hi there – Welcome! We know you’re busy so we’ll keep this brief. We are Funk City and we know what you want.
You want to have a fantastic time. You want a band to play classic, upbeat and popular songs that everyone will love. You want those songs to be varied enough to get everyone dancing, whether they are young or old. You want to have the best time and create amazing memories for you and your friends and family.
Are we close? If so…
Funk City band.
This fantastic band play everything from Prince to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air from The Beatles to James Brown and from Oasis to Otis Reading and they are the band to hire to get your Wedding or Xmas Party guests dancing the night away
Shirley Lindley• Feb. 15, 2020
EXCELLENT! Craig was so entertaining and was fabulous at pleasing the crowd with all the well known hits and anthems, the whole party was singing along. He also covered requests from the audience and in advance which was very entertaining. Thank you Pop Top and Craig for making my dad's 70th a really special night.
Angela Gregory• Dec. 20, 2019
Absolutely fabulous from start to finish! Will hire again
Kellie Jones• Sept. 14, 2019
Couldn’t recommend them more, Funk City Band were in touch as soon as I booked them for a 40th bday party and were incredibly accommodating and flexible, making sure they had all the details of the event. On the night they created a fantastic atmosphere and managed to engage the audience and get everyone dancing with the Jukebox Mash-up and their awesome music knowledge of what we’re some quite eclectic requests! Already trying g to think of an excuse for another event 😊
Services From Funk City Band
4 Piece Band - 2 Hours
2 Piece Band With Vocals, Drums & PA - 2 Hours
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Brilliant, fun and professional party band.
- What are the highlights of your career?As well as playing private parties for Robert Downy Jr, Prince Charles and a few jams with Ed Sheeran (name drop CLANG) we played our 490th wedding in Sept of 2018. Trust us. We got this :)
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have all equipment and wealth of experience. We say 'Good enough is not good enough!' We have skills to get an audience involved that a lot of bands don't have. We genuinely enjoy ourselves and want you to as well.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private parties and weddings are what we normally perform at. However anywhere where there is a need for great live music we would love to play at.
- Who are your previous clients?490+ weddings rocked, 8.5k other events and corporate parties for Microsoft, Amazon, HSBC banks and other larger companies over 14 years.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept all forms of payment in any way possible. We can also provide all invoices and contracts.
- How long do you play for?Usually 3 x 40 mins. We can tailor the length to any client requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have full PA and lighting. Plus PAT certificates for all equipment.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. Tested and updated yearly. £5m public liability insurance.
- How much space do you require?it depends on the size of band. We can fit into every event space and don't normally have any issues.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely! We will learn any songs free of charge. We have an act called the Jukebox Mash up. the audince can request ANY song in the world ad we will attempt it live. It's so funny.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would work closely with all clients to work out what's the best timing for each individual event.
- Are you incredible?We're glad you asked this. YES totally. We will, WE WILL ROCK YOU.
Funk City Party Band – ‘the 4th greatest band in the world’.
Full Set List – Feel free to highlight any songs you DO and DON’T want at your event.
Superstition / Kiss / oh what a night- Dec ‘63 / Long train running / Call me Al / All night long / Blame it on the boogie / Upside down / Wipeout / Gimme some lovin’ / Little less conversation / Lady Marmalade / Midnight hour / Soul man / Everybody needs somebody / Think / 9-5 / I’m so excited / I want you back / ABC / Good times /
Uptown funk / 24k Magic/ Sing- Ed Sheeran / All about that Bass / Happy Crazy / I can’t feel my face / Don’t stop believing/ Locked out of Heaven/ Naïve / She’s electric / Crazy in love / Valerie- Amy Whinehouse / Just the Way you are – Bruno Mars /Marry you /You’ve got the Love / Price tag/ All of Me / Sex on fire / Use somebody / Shake it off /Never forget /Moves like Jagger / Mr Brightside / Blurred Lines/ Get Lucky / Rolling in the deep / I need a dollor / Firework / Crazy in Love / Umbrella / Forget you / Party rock anthem/ Single Ladies / Hey Ya / Fill me in /
70's, 80's 90's
Stuck in the middle / Ain't no sunshine / Hotel California / It must be love / Breakfast at tiffany's / Walking in Memphis / Losing my religion / Moondance / Mustang Sally / Suspicious minds /Sweet home Alabama / 500 miles / Stand by me / Dance the night away / Should I stay or should I go / Weather with you / Faith / I feel good/ The Joker / Crazy little thing called love / Fast car / California Dreaming / Walking on the moon /
Yellow /In my Place / High and dry / Summer time / Relight my fire / Faith / Feeling groovy /Talking ‘bout a revolution / Lady Marmalade / Wonderwall /
Hotel California /American Pie / Sunny Afternoon / Champagne Supernova / Wide World / She Loves you / Time of your life / The way you make me feel / Space cowboy / Cosmic girl / Walking on sunshine / Take your mama out / Heartbeat- Scouting for girls / Perfect – Fairground Attraction / Sweet home Alabama / Love shack
Daydream believer / Dock O the bay /Proud Mary / I'm a believer / Brown eyed girl Dock of the bay / With a little help / Build me up buttercup / La Bamba/ Lets twist again / Can’t buy me love / Mrs. Robinson / All along the watchtower / Don’t know much about history /
Rock and roll
Great Balls of fire / Johnny B Good / Jail house rock / Reet Petit / Can’t buy me love / Blue Suede shoes /
Song 2 / Livin’ on a prayer / With or without you / Hard to handle / Two princes / Don't look back in anger / Teenage dirt bag / Basket case / Summer of 69 / Mr. Jones / One / Sweet child of mine/ Dani California/ Scar tissue / Times like these / The pretender / Seven Nation Army /
Mr. Bojangles / My baby just cares for me / Fly me to the moon / Georgia / Fever / Fly me to the moon /Girl from Ipanema / Sway / Can’t take my eyes off of you / Moondance / Lets stay together /
Thinking about you / Let’s get it on / Your song /Fields of gold / Fall at your feet / When you say nothing at all/ Cannon Ball / Roxanne/ Wonderful tonight / Blackbird / Four seasons in one day / Billie Jean / You do something to me / Easy / Yesterday / More than Words /Wicked game - Chris Issak /Better together / …..plus more.
All I Want For Christmas – Mariah Carey / Fairytale of New York – The Pogues / Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra/ Last Christmas – Wham / Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade / Santa Claus is Coming To Town – Jackson 5 / Merry Christmas Everyone – Shakin Stevens / Rockin Robin – Jackson 5 / White Christmas – Bing Crosby /
If you have any special requests please let us know. We will happily learn them for you at no extra charge.