So you’ve decided to have some live music at your wedding or private event, but now you’re scratching your head thinking “how do I do this? There are so many things to think about!”
Don’t worry! Here are our tops tips to help you decide.
Have as much information as possible in the event description.
Wedding. Indoors. Need a band.
Hi, I’m organising my (indoor) wedding on the 4th of August 2019 at the Strand Palace Hotel in London. We’d love to have a live band for the evening as both my fiance and I met at a gig. Genre wise, something quite upbeat and modern would be fab, sort of indie/rock. We can provide food for you, please let us know in advance if you’d like that and if you have any dietary requirements. We can’t wait to hear from you. 8pm-10pm: Live Band
Think about the LIVE MUSIC Genre/Style
- String Quartet
- Solo Singer – Jazz
- Solo Singer – Vintage (20’s-50’s)
- Solo Musician – Signing Guitarist
- Live Band – Soul & Motown
- Live Band – Rock
There are a lot to choose from, so if you’re having trouble, give your personal concierge a call and they can talk through some options with you.
Have a budget in mind
Each kind of supplier will have differing costs, but full bands will always cost more. Remember that although you may be on a budget, bands need to cover their costs too.
- If you require a solo singer or singing guitarist then the budget can usually be set at around £300 (plus VAT)
- For a full band, you may need a budget of around £500+ (plus VAT)
- Specialist bands may cost more e.g. Soul & Motown
Ask the LIVE band questions
- If they’re there all day, they will need feeding, ask them what they need
- Check if they have their own PA system, if not (and they need one) you will have to provide this.
- How much time to they need to set up?
- How long is their set?
- Do they do requests?
- How much space do they need?
Try and book as far in advance as you can
The more notice you give, the higher chance we have of finding something for you and the more likely it is that you can find the supplier you really want. We do appreciate this may not always be possible.
Check with the venue if there are noise restrictions. The last thing you want is the band being cut off half-way through.
Decide what time you want them to start
The standard times are:
- Drinks Reception
- Wedding Breakfast
Reply to our BANDS & MUSICIANS
This may sound quite obvious, but clients who respond quickly to our suppliers are more likely to secure their booking. Of course, we don’t mean you have to reply the second you get a message, but if you leave a supplier hanging for too long, they may have another booking by the time you get back to them.
If it’s going to take a while until you are able to make a decision, that’s okay! Just let the supplier or us know.
Let us know if something isn’t working or you need help
Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call and we can help you.
- A supplier you require isn’t responding – we can contact them to speed things up.
- You’re unsure how to proceed with something – we are on hand to help you.
You can always refer to this guide too: https://poptopukhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/categories/200841315-For-Poptop-Client