Have you just read all about the things that need to be organised for your wedding and decided you are going to need some professional help?
Fortunately there are many wedding planners around the UK that can give you the assistance you require but you need some advice about how much help they can give you and what questions you need to ask them.
Tips in choosing a wedding planner
- Most wedding planners have different packages to choose from, which package you use will be dependant on cost and how much planning you want to do yourself.
- The basic option is where a wedding Director will co-ordinate all the suppliers you have already booked and assist on the wedding day to take away any stress from you.
- The middle option is helping you to do the planning by being your Consultant. They will work closely with you to make sure you get the best suppliers and vendors and make sure all runs smoothly on the big day.
- The most expensive option is the total wedding planning package where they organise everything for you. You will still be involved with the decision making but your personal wedding Planner will do all the work and be there to organise everything on the day.
- Make sure you get everything that is included in your chosen package in writing.
- Like all other businesses there will be good and bad wedding planners so you have to be 100% sure you pick a good one. You will need to speak to at least three of their previous clients so you can make an informed decision.
- Most quality professionals will offer a free consultation. This is a chance to meet them and see if you can work together. Go and see at least three wedding organisers and then you can compare the quotes. The most expensive may not be the best option.
- Ask them which companies or individuals they contract the various aspects of the wedding to then you can check them out yourselves.
- Some will have a set number of hours that is included in the package then they will charge you extra if that time is exceeded so get an idea of additional costs.
- Once you have decided on who you are going to use then keep a good professional relationship with them. You are paying for their service so your ideas and requirements are to be their priority but do take notice of their professional advice as they have alot more experience than you do when it comes to planning weddings.
See also: Our complete guide to wedding favour ideas
Marketing Manager at Poptop – UK Leading Events Planning Concierge Service