The Cockney Rovers delight audiences with their own Rockney knees up, creating a great atmosphere with a large dollop of knees up songs and London music featuring many of the hits of Chas & Dave, (Gert'cha, Sideboard song, Rabbit), Lonnie Donegan, traditional Irish songs, Rock & Roll and some foot stomping classics all performed with infectious enthusiasm, energy and good banter.
The Rovers are an experienced four piece band with piano, bass, drums and guitar. Between them they have performed throughout the UK and Europe at festivals, theatres, pubs and clubs. Pat, Stinger, Sam and Alex guarantee a great atmosphere and proper entertainment. If you like to party and music in the rockney style of Chas and Dave this is a night not to be missed.
Hear's what Janet Willis said about us after her party "Thanks so much for playing at my party. Everyone enjoyed the evening so much and we can’t wait till we see you again in March. Highly recommend for young, old and everyone in between. Thanks again Cockney Rovers for a brilliant night x" Dec 2017.
Selected Venues: Wagon and Horses, Great Yeldham, Coggeshall Conservative Club, The George, Shalford, The Marne Inn, Stortford, The Golden Griffin, Hertford, The Horseshoes Dining Rooms, Upshire, Waltham Abbey, Toppesfield Village Hall,
Alicia Delahey Laidler• April 15, 2018
had the Cockney Rovers perform at the pub I work in last night (The George , Shalford) amazing performance and great crowd interaction! Well done guys.
Janet Willis• Dec. 31, 2017
Thanks so much for playing at my party. Everyone enjoyed the evening so much and we can't wait to see you again. Highly recommend for young old and in between. Thanks again Cockney Rovers for a brilliant night X
Sarah Davies• April 23, 2018
Great entertainment, brilliant band, dancing all night, what a fantastic knees up.
Helen Turrell• July 4, 2017
Thank you so much to The Cockney Rovers for playing at my Dad's party. All the guests young and old had a fabulous time, songs that everyone will know and will get up dancing to. Could not recommend highly enough XX
Hayley Gostling• Feb. 3, 2018
Highly recommend; I have been to 2 weddings where they have performed, they are great fun.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A cockney knees up band featuring the music of Chas and Dave, singalong and party classics.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We guarantee a party atmosphere and lots of join in songs, banter and great music.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Cockney nights, old time knees up nights, weddings, birthday parties, St Georges Night, hen nights,
- Who are your previous clients?Coggeshall Conservative Club, The Wagon and Horses, Great Yeldham, The Marne Inn, Bishops Stortford, and many more
- How can event planners pay for your services?Into our bank account direct or by cash on the night. We ask for a deposit up front. We can invoice in advance.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We are very versatile and adaptable. The four piece will need space for Drums, Keyboards and the two guitar players (Bass and Acoustic).
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you you give us notice in advance we will try and fulfill your requests.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one of 15 minutes or so.
Two 45/60 minute sets as standard. (We are happy to fit in with your plans and wishes)
four piece band (Can offer trio or duo)
Guitar/Vocals, Piano, Bass, Drums/Vocals.
What you get with us is a good old party knees up, songs for all ages.
Banter and audience participation.
Ideal for weddings, birthdays, special events, charity fundraisers (Cockney knees up), St Georges Day, festivals, social clubs, theatres, etc...
Set list: Chas and Dave: Sideboard song, Down to Margate, Banging in your head, Rabbit, London Girls, One Fing 'N' Another, No Pleasing you, Gert'cha, Poor old mr woogie, Snooker Loopy, Give to the girl next door, She's too fat for me, Rolling Round the world,
Lonnie Donegon: My old man's a dustman, Bring a little Water Sylvie, Bring a bale of cotton, Tom Dooley, The Rock Island Line.
Singalong and comic songs: Susie susie sitting in the shoe shine shop, My old man, You are my Sunshine, Knees up Mother Brown, Maybe it's because' I'm a Londoner, You made me Love you, Bye Bye Blackbird, Heart of my Heart, Leaning on a lamppost, Any old Iron, Run Rabbit Run, When I'm cleaning windows, Tipperary, Pack up your troubles, Kiss me goodnight Sgt Major, I've got a lovely bunch of Coconuts, We ain't got a barrel of money, Show me the way to go home, lets all go down the strand.
Rock and Roll: Great balls of Fire, Whole lotta shaking, Tuttie Fruitie,
Irish: Whiskey in the Jar, I'll tell me ma, Muirsheen Durkin, Streams of whiskey, Molly Malone, Wild Rover,
Other: Enjoy yourself, A13 (route 66 parody) 500 miles (proclaimers), Swing Low sweet chariot, Hi ho silver lining, Ring of fire, Tub Thumping, Waterloo Sunset. and many more.
We can put together packages where food can be supplied - from shellfish pots and eels to pie mash and liquor. We can fully cater your events or just supply you with DIY packages.
Helen Turrell reviewed The Cockney Rovers – 5 star
4 July 2017 ·
Thank you so much to the cockney rovers for playing at my dads party.
All the guests old and young all had a fabulous time....songs that everyone will know and will get up dancing to.
Could not recommend highly enough. Xx