Stephanie Jane Oliver can be booked as a solo act (performing a chilled set as background music), a duo with guitarist Conrad Vingoe or a trio, adding a small drum kit or Cajon (percussion box). The band perform for functions including weddings, birthday parties and corporate/private events. They have an extensive set list to choose from in the genres of modern pop, soul & Motown, classic pop, classic rock, modern soul & RnB, jazz & swing, modern rock and indie pop & folk. They are also happy to learn up to 3 songs of your choice. They can provide all sound equipment.
Kate Nemeth• May 2, 2017
Stephanie was fantastic, and we would certainly work with her again in the future, The crowd loved her she was very professional and a lovely person to work with.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A small but eclectic acoustic covers band performing unique versions of classic and current hits.
- What are the highlights of your career?We held a residency at The Four Seasons. We also played a gig where we warmed up for the famous Funk & Soul DJ, Craig Charles.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A strong soul vocalist with some latino beats on Cajon
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings and corporate events
- Who are your previous clients?ARM (microchips for iPhone), The Four Seasons, Lloyds TSB
- How can event planners pay for your services?Band submits an invoice, 50% deposit to confirm the booking and remainder on the day of the event.
- How long do you play for?Generally 2 x 45 min sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA but no lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?2m squared
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, we can learn up to 3 songs for an extra cost.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 break of 30 minutes
Typical set list includes:
- Motown classics (Hit The Road Jack, Superstition, Master Blaster etc.)
- Classics (Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Jordan, Peggy Lee, Bill Withers)
- Pop & R&B (Drake, Florence & The Machine, Beyonce)
- Indie Rock (The Rolling Stones, The Cure, The Smiths)
- Modern jazz & soul (Lianne La Havas, Nneka, Amy Winehosue)