We’re Solid Steel and we’re a modern professional UK-based steel band- or ‘steel pan band’ or even 'steel drum band' by those who don't know any better!). Whether playing modern pop or traditional Caribbean music, the steel pan evokes sunshine and happiness.
Our players originate from Trinidad, home of the steel band, so that’s the spirit we bring to all of our professional performances.
We’re available for hire with musicians based in both London & Manchester, but with contacts to associate steel pan players throughout the country.
Our Gallery shows that beyond the Solid Steel core we are a small family of musicians that spans 3 generations. We regard ourselves as good musicians above all else and most of us have a second instrument we also play at a professional level.
What also distinguishes us from other steel bands is that we can offer vocals and other instrumentation to play the diverse repertoire that you can see here in our playlist.
My father's band
Our steel band was fou...
Jon• 18 Aug 2018
The band were superb, and set the atmosphere brilliantly. I would recommend to everybody. Thanks
L BET• 1 Mar 2019
They were great
Frank Mincher• 22 Jun 2019
No problems whatsoever. Although only 2 turned up, music was great. Thank you for your help
Jackie• 6 Jun 2017
Not sure how the ranking numbers work but Elliott and his uncle from Solid Steel were excellent and I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone - they were so polite and made our party - so thank you so much Jackie
Jacob Cooper• 25 May 2019
Really great job, set up quickly and played a lovely set!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Cutting edge market-leading steel band. Famous as well. At least in my head! :)
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing on stage with the Rolling Stones.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?High quality musicianship, super-relaxed personalities allied with ultra reliability.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?In the main, private functions of which the majority are wedding receptions and corporate events.
- Who are your previous clients?Princes and paupers
- How can event planners pay for your services?In advance with VAT added or in cash to the bandleader on the day of the event.
- How long do you play for?For as long as you’d like us- or at least for as long as your budget will allow. ;)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes- when called upon. Which is rare where lighting is concerned.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?A minimum of 1m2 per musician.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Probably! We always like to learn new songs that we’d like to include in our repertoire in the future.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Very flexible on this- according to our clients’ requirements.
21st Century Pop Covers
Break Your Heart
Don't Know Why