Rose has been performing as a folk singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist since 2007. She plays Guitar, Appalachian Dulcimer, Mandolin, Ukulele, Piano and Banjo and has supported and worked with many artists including Boo Hewerdine, Phil Beer, Ethan Johns, Kathryn Roberts & Sean Lakeman, Raurri Joseph and Kristina Olsen. Over the years Rose has released six albums, the last was featured in the top 5 best Folk Albums of 2016 by the Telegraph. Her seventh is due for release Winter 2018.
“Rose is an exciting new talent. A fabulous singer, instrumentalist and writer. I saw her transfix an audience recently. Fantastic!!”
- Boo Hewerdine, boohewerdine.net
“Roseanna has a charming quality that we rarely see these days. She effortlessly draws the audience into her world”
- Kathryn Roberts & Sean Lakeman, kathrynrobertsandseanlakeman.com
"Roseanna’s voice breathes an elusive and subtle vibrancy into the lyrics that beguiles you to listen."
- Charlie Elland...
- Can you do covers?Yes I can learn covers, I know quite a few already :-) My favourites to cover are Bobby McGee (Kris Kristofferson), First Date (by Blink 182), Time of your Life (Greenday), Hurt (Johnny Cash), and There you go (Buddy Holly).
- Can you just play without singing?Yes I can "noodle" for hours and I don't need set music to work from.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?15min break every 45mins generally but this could be changed
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Probably if you give me enough time to learn it :-)
- How much space do you require?Enough for me and however many of my instruments you'd like me to bring.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I can source a PA if necessary and can provide fairy lights.
- How long do you play for?Negotiable :-)
- How long do you play for?Negotiable but typically for two 45minute sets. I can go longer if you would prefer.
Rose is happy to perform covers and can learn them on request. Trained initially in classical guitar she can also perform some classical works if prefered.
Original works include: