Poperasops soprano duo burst onto the classical crossover scene in 2016 and have been delighting audiences ever since. Phillippa Lay and Victoria Wilson are both former students of the Birmingham Conservatoire and love performing any style from opera to pop together.
Services From Poperasops
Poperasops Soprano Duo Wedding Package - Ceremony & Drinks
A Poperasops Christmas Cracker - 3 x 40 Minutes
Classical Crossover Soprano Duo - 3 x 30 minutes
Poperasops Party Soprano Duo - 3 x 30 Minutes
Comedy Popera Soprano Duo - 2 x 30 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Poperasops are two professional classically trained sopranos who attended Birmingham Conservatoire who perform classical crossover, pop and Christmas music (when relevant) duets together (with a comedy twist if appropriate) to excellent backing tracks at all sorts of events from beer festivals to Italian nights to private parties etc..
- What are the highlights of your career?Waitrose Wine Festival, County Hall London.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our vocal capabilities, lush harmonies, beautiful gowns (or appropriate outfits) and flexibility.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Beer festivals, corporate events, weddings, funerals, parties.
- Who are your previous clients?The Mayor of Stratford, When in Rome Wine, The Ram Inn Bussage, Chalford Sports & Social Club.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash, bank transfer or through Poptop.
- How long do you play for?Up to 3 x 30-40 sets, with breaks.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?3 x 3 m minimum.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If a song isn't included in our song list there may still be a chance we already know it. If there is a special song you'd like us to learn we are happy to do this for you, if we feel it is appropriate to our voice type.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We need 15-20 mins breaks between sets.
Live vocal performances to good quality backing tracks. Can bring own PA equipment if needed.
Example Christmas Set Lists:
Set 1: Carols including Away in a Manger, Hark the Herald, O Come All Ye Faithful
Set 2: Christmas songs including White Christmas, Santa Baby, Rudolf
Set 3: Christmas pop like Mistletoe & Wine, Stay Another Day, Merry Christmas Everybody.
Example Set Lists:
Set 1: Well-known operatic solos and duets including Flower Duet, Nessun Dorma and Ach Ich Fuhls.
Set 2: Well-known classical crossover solos and duets including The Prayer, I Will Always Love You andMy Heart Will Go On.
Set 3: Well-known pop classics including Total Eclipse of the Heart, Chasing Cars and Skyfall.
Example Beer Festival/Comedy Set List including Park Life, Let's Get Ready to Rumble, Thrift Shop, Gangsters Paradise, When Will I be Famous, Gangnam Style, Barbie Girl.
Example Party Set List including Respectable, Groove is in the Heart, Diamonds, I've Had the Time of My Life, Copacabana, Club Tropicana.