We perform mainly traditional music plus anything else that takes our fancy. That might be anything from Lily the Pink and My Old Man’s a Dustman to the themes from Captain Pugwash or Blackadder and maybe even Blueberry Hill or the Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square. We set out to entertain you and we love it when people get up and dance. We play at lots of Ceilidhs for Weddings and significant birthday events.
We are based in Newick and play many local events and sessions throughout Sussex with occasional ventures to Kent, Surrey and the nearer bits of London
Price for the full team with caller is £650 which includes for a full PA and local area travelling. We have an eclectic background so musical adventures are always on the cards
Rose• 17 Mar 2019
Enjoyed by all customers
Miranda• 17 Jun 2017
I can't praise this band highly enough: they are professional, skilled, prompt and reliable.
However, they need to use a different caller for their ceilidh gigs. She was dour, negative and patronising. Some people found this amusing but I didn't. I found myself on edge about what she would say next. Disappointing when I wanted a light-hearted celebration.
Natalie Grundy• 4 Aug 2018
thank you for the wonderful performance you did at our wedding. Everyone said you guys were so good and I'm just sorry I didn't get to chat to you more - you know how weddings are, they tend to be a little hectic!
Catherine Morley• 27 Mar 2015
"This is just an email to say thank you so much for playing at my 21st. You and the rest of your band were absolutely amazing. You were all polite and everyone enjoyed your music. The caller was great. It's the best music for a celidh that i've been too. My family and friends were amazed at how well you all played and loved the songs in between (and so did i). Thank you all for a lovely evening"
Gemma Mawbey• 24 Jul 2017
My predecessor booked you in to last years Medieval Harvest Festival at Autumn Lodge Dementia Home. We were so impressed and everyone thoroughly enjoyed you all it really made our residents day. We are hoping to do it all again this year and would love to book you in.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have Public & Product Liability Insurance with Royal & Sun Alliance. Indemnity amount £10,000,000, Policy Number RSAP7229194200 via AMPBAND All of our equipment is PAT tested
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?one or two breaks - usually 20-30 minutes. However we will agree this with the client in advance
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes to PA - we don't have lighting
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?A definite maybe - we will where possible learn special tunes but we reserve the right to say we can't
- How much space do you require?5 x 3 square metres
- How long do you play for?For a Ceilidh we would do two 1 hour sets with a few songs in addition. Otherwise 2-3 hours with a break We don't go in for fancy riders but a couple of drinks and something to eat is always appreciated
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or by BACS transfer
- Who are your previous clients?Crown Inn, Newick Griffin Inn, Fletching Royal Oak, Newick Townings Farm Open Day Chailey Festival Five Bells, Chailey Griffin Inn Fletching Linklater Pavilion, Lewes Sloop Inn, Lindfield Newick Festival Newick Twinning Association Various private parties, Barn dances and weddings. Lindfield Festival Surrey Hills Woodfair Rose and Crown Fletching Apple Tree Haslemere Fairwarp Fete Crowborough Town Council Townings Farm
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties celebrating significant birthdays
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We know that the people who book us are usually celebrating an important event in their lives - a wedding, a family reunion or a significant birthday. It's our job to give them a good experience and to manage any issues due to catering delays etc so that the event is seamless. We're good at this as these testimonials show We were able to book this band for St Patrick's weekend and the whole process ran very smoothly. Very quick to respond to email queries and the set was tailored to our Irish theme which we so appreciated. The guys were very easy going, organised and supportive of our fundraising cause too. Would definitely recommend as a jolly evening was had by all, Thank You :-) Amy Lumsden (Fundraising Event ) 10/10 This is just an email to say thank you so much for playing at my 21st. You and the rest of your band were absolutely amazing. You were all polite and everyone enjoyed your music. The caller was great. It's the best music for a celidh that i've been too. My family and friends were amazed at how well you all played and loved the songs in between (and so did i). Thank you all for a lovely evening and i hope you enjoyed yourselves too and grabbed enough food and drinks during the breaks. Catherine Moreley 9/10
- What are the highlights of your career?We have an eclectic background. Our pianist has played with many well known names, our bass player is well known as a member of many local bands including "Just Tina" and The Trailers. Our singer was in a band at University with June Tabor and has played with a number of local bands including an appearance at the Himalayan Blues Festival in 2009.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a folk band that play lots of Ceilidhs/ Barn Dances, perform the music of these islands (Irish, Scottish English) and most of the time manage to keep our latent jazz tendencies under control.
Ships in full sail / rakes of kildare
John Mchuges Jig /out on the ocean
Dirty Old Town
The Bed Breaker
Juice of the Barley
Battle of Brisbane
Dublin in the rare ...