* "Stunning instrumental performance to professional backing tracks - just like having a Band but without the lyrics, Singer replaced by a melody instrument!" *
Rock, Pop, Folk, Irish, Scottish, 'Celtic', a wee bit of Country and Jazz, even some Classical ... something for everyone!
Unique Instrumental versions of songs - plus fantastic melodies and tunes:
Fantastic BOSE PA systems...
Weddings (ceremony, drinks reception, wedding breakfast, early evening before main band / DJ),
Corporate events, Openings / Receptions, Restaurants, Private Parties, Proposals, Funerals / Wakes, 1st Communions, etc
TYPICAL SETS? ... You can request by MUSIC GENRE, or by TYPE OF SET
IRISH / SCOTTISH / FOLK music, IRISH MUSICIANS & BANDS ... both older and contemporary : Huge repertoire
Cranberries, U2, The Waterboys, The Saw Doctors, The Pogues, Van Morrison, The Corrs, Aslan, Kodaline, The Script, Thin Lizzy, Chr...
Paul Wallace• 17 Mar 2019
Josie was fantastic from start to finish. The communication in advance of the event and regular updates were perfect, and the setup of the sound system was brilliant. Josie ticked all our boxes for our St Patricks day celebrations and we have received great feedback across the board at how cool it was to have modern day songs, with a traditional twist.
Claire Bayly• 25 Jan 2019
"""We decided to have Josie entertain our guests with her fiddle for our annual Burns Night celebration. Her attention to detail was impressive regarding the music selection, timings of the performance and interaction with our speaker, and despite the venue's restrictions, Josie played a brilliant set of Scottish folk music. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend her and would indeed employ her again for another event if required."
Rosemary Williams• 2 Mar 2019
A highly talented musician, having studied for two music degrees. Her performance of both Irish and other music on both Fiddle and Flute was superb and greatly appreciated by all at our large lunchtime event for over 100 guests within a marquee. She had had to travel quite some distance and was very obliging when I asked her to travel the evening before. Excellent, and a very good find.
Claire Donelan• 14 Mar 2019
Josie performed for us for a corporate St Patrick's Day celebration event. She was brilliant; thoroughly professional and detail focused in the run up, and went down a storm on the night. She was keen to get the music balance right and we had a mix of traditional Irish music with more contempoary rock and pop. Highly recommend!
Chris and Steve• 1 Dec 2017
How many words can we use to describe you apart from being a fantastic fiddler with a comprehensive repertoire of music. You made the party very memorable not just for mum of 90 years but also for ages down to 3 years The elderly were foot tapping and the others dancing and singing along Great time had by all and would recommend you to anybody. Come back soon!
- Can you perform all Scottish music?Yes, I can offer a 100% Scottish set e.g. for a Burns Night event. Old / traditional song melodies and traditional dance music (jigs, reels, strathspeys, waltzes etc). Backing tracks include instruments such as Piano Accordion, Highland and Border Pipes etc.
- What sort of Irish music do you perform?All sorts - a mixture of old and contemporary Irish music, and music that is not Irish but popular with Irish people (based on personal experience and requests history!) e.g … Cranberries, U2, Waterboys, Saw Doctors, Pogues, Van Morrison, Corrs, Thin Lizzy, Christy Moore, Enya, Cara Dillon, Sinéad O’Connor, Fureys, Dubliners, Brian Kennedy, Mary Black, Goats Don't Shave, Aslan, Kodaline, The Script, Damien Rice, Snow Patrol PLUS - Old / Traditional song melodies / dance Tunes (jigs / reels) ALSO - e.g Johnny Cash, Garth Brooks, Nathan Carter, Steve Earle, Kenny Rogers, Bob Dylan, Oasis, Killers, Mumford & Sons.
- Do you only perform for Irish events?No, all sorts. I have a huge repertoire of Irish, Scottish and 'Celtic' music but also have plenty of music from other genres ranging from the 1950's through to recent - including music from movies, tv etc (see main profile description for details). There is also some very old music that far pre-dates the 20th century. "Celtic & Medieval" Christmas set also available.
- Who are your previous clients?Clients / Performance Venues include: Gleeds Property & Construction Consultancy, Oxford University, JWT Advertising Agency Kensington, The Porch House - Stow On The Wold (Englands Oldest Inn!), Hanbury Manor - Ware, Leez Priory nr Chelmsford, Nutfield Priory - Redhill, Bentley's Oyster Bar - Picadilly, Essex Golf Club - Chingford ... 5* Hotels to Golf Clubs and idyllic Walled Gardens, all sorts of venues / clients ... Private Dinners to Weddings and Birthday Parties to Baby Showers … suitable for wide range of occasions
- Can you perform just Rock and Pop?Absolutely! Rock sets will typically be a mixture of 80's / Classic Rock, Pop Rock, Folk Rock, 'Celtic' Rock and Country Rock styles. Pop is chosen that will fit in well with the rest.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?You will see that there is a really extensive repertoire list. If you have a special request that I do not already perform, I can probably do this for you - however, I would need to research, find / purchase / edit a suitable backing track for the song, and learn it. Therefore, much depends upon availability of a suitable backing track and whether enough notice is given (which will depend upon how busy I am so notice needed might change from time to time). This is an optional add-on of +£50 to cover all the time this takes to research and prepare.
- What time would you arrive?I usually aim to arrive 2 - 2.5 hours prior to start time to allow plenty of time to assess performance area, sort out any issues (such as lack of power sockets - does happen!), unload, move vehicle if necessary, set up, sound check, eat and/or get changed if necessary (due to time of day / weather / type of event / venue) etc. Please ensure access to venue and performance area minimum 2 hours prior
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, main PA system is a fantastic, elegant and unobtrusive BOSE L1 1S B1 PA system, Digital mixer, effects pedals etc. Alternative: For outdoors events / other situations where no outdoor-safe power is available, a smaller PA system can be used which is battery operated. Still excellent sound quality / power / projection, although not quite that of the BOSE. Don't have Lighting at the mo - no booker has ever asked for it with the type of events / venues / music I tend to get booked for, - however, I am considering getting a small Lighting set up... so check back later
- Can you perform in the afternoons for Care Homes / Residential Homes?Absolutely! I have a Masters Degree in Music Therapy and am a trained facilitator in the use of the Creative Arts in Dementia Care - so this is a setting I am happy to perform in.
- Are all musical instruments used for all bookings?Basic quote is for Fiddle (Violin) only. A small additional fee of +£25 is payable for addition of Flute and Whistle due to extra equipment needed and additional set up / sound check
- Can you perform outdoors?Often, yes, no problem. However, for outdoor bookings a gazebo / marquee with 3 sides is a requirement due to health/safety and insurance reasons. Even light drizzle and normal summer sunlight can be damaging to electrical equipment / expensive musical instruments. If rain starts, it would not be possible to move everything before extensive damage occurs / possibility of electrical equipment becoming unsafe. Also, being outdoors makes it extremely hard to see / properly use the iPad / backing track app, another reason cover is needed. So. this is not negotiable. The cover provided needs to be absolute minimum of 9 square foot and a minimum ceiling clearance height of 6 foot 3 inches.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Small breaks of 10 minutes are sometimes, but not always taken, to get a drink or use the bathroom facilities. Depends upon length of booking etc. It is usually only once per booking if it is needed. Background music via iPod can be provided through PA during any break
- How much space do you require?A absolute minimum of 9 square foot equivalent (and for the BOSE L1 1S, a minimum ceiling clearance height of 6 foot 3 inches due to it's tall tower 'line array design). For outdoor bookings a gazebo / marquee with 3 sides is also a requirement (same size requirements) due to health/safety and insurance reasons. Enquire for further info on this if required
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, all relevant electrical equipment is PAT tested annually. Public Liability Insurance current and renewed annually. Public Liability Insurance provided through professional membership of ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians). Both certs are available to view upon request
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Main PA system used is the fantastic, elegant and unobtrusive BOSE L1 1S B1, with Digital mixer, effects pedals etc. Alternative: For outdoors and other situations where power is unavailable, a smaller Bose S1 Pro PA speaker can be used that is battery operated! the rest of the equipment can also be run on batteries. Lighting: Small but effective lighting unit used as/when appropriate. Provides a changing 'colour wash' behind me but not enough for the whole room / venue
- How long do you play for?Depends upon event. Anything from 30 minutes for a Proposal right through to 4 or 5 hours when booked for a Wedding to perform during Ceremony + Drinks Reception + Wedding Breakfast Meal
- How can event planners pay for your services?Deposit is payable via PopTop. Balance can be paid via internet banking - as long as funds are cleared by night before event, or, balance payment can be in cash in a sealed envelope - payable on arrival after setting up (not after event is over)
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Drinks Receptions, Events, Weddings (ceremony, drinks reception, during wedding breakfast meal, early evening 'lull' after meal and before main band/DJ), Sports Club events, Funerals / Wakes, Parties, Baby Showers, Gallery Openings, Proposals, Holy Communions, Restaurants, Meals and Parties in Private Residencies - highly diverse repertoire and sound, suitable for all sorts of settings / events
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Huge repertoire of Irish, Scottish, 'Celtic', Folk yet with plenty of Country, Rock, Rock n Roll, Contemporary, Pop... something for everyone
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Stunning instrumental versions of songs, melodies / traditional tunes to backing tracks - the overall sound of a band but with vocalist replaced with fiddle, or for a small additional fee, with flute or whistle as well
Bookers can choose from:
1) Irish / Scottish / 'Celtic' only, Rock / Pop etc only, - or a mixture of musical genres as listed above.
2) Lively / Upbeat music, Gentle / Background music, - or a mixtu...