A fun and quirky 6-piece Roaring 20s band comprising trumpet/vocals, trombone, clarinet, piano, bass and drums with some songs being sung through a megaphone for that authentic 1920s sound!
With an extensive repertoire of instantly recognisable favourites from the Roaring 20s through the Musicals of the 1930s and beyond, Dr Jazz entertains all ages with its infectious mix of timeless, ever-popular songs from Broadway and Hollywood. Serving up classics by the likes of George and Ira Gershwin, Cole Porter and Irving Berlin...with a generous order of Dixie on the side!
This Great Gatsby band can be presented in traditional waistcoats and dickie bows or full white tie evening dress. Dr Jazz is a very experienced and professional band offering a top class and hassle-free service.
This 1920s band is very versatile and can provide music indoors or outdoors for weddings, drinks receptions, garden parties, dinners, Great Gatsby balls, race meetings, corporate hospitality and charity events. ...
Janet Foran• 29 May 2016
"""Doesn't time fly by! Two weeks today since we got married and you came along to keep us entertained. It was an amazing day and you and your band contributed immensely. From the moment I contacted you I knew we had made the right choice. Your communication and understanding was excellent. Our 1930s theme fit right in with the venue and your style of music. We received lots of comments from our guests about how lovely it was to sit on the lawn drinking Pimms listening to you play whilst we were...
James & Sylvia's wedding• 19 Aug 2017
"""Well, where can I start! From initially stumbling upon Dr Jazz and realising that there was something rather special about their approach and unique sound, to the very first email and phone calls to discuss our plans for the day, all the way through to our Wedding day itself - Dr Jazz and company were brilliant. Helpful, friendly, and wonderfully entertaining, we could not have asked for anything more. The set itself was fantastic - we were blown away with how much of an impact they made, not...
Gayle Wharton• 17 May 2014
"""Thank you all so much for your amazing performance on Saturday evening, which was everything I could have hoped for! Your music was brilliant, got everyone up dancing and I can’t tell you how many people told me afterwards 'how brilliant the 1920s band were’. As soon as you played your first song I knew we’d struck gold! It couldn’t have been more perfect given the whole Gatsby theme and everyone so dressed up, so thank you all so much. You may be interested to know that we raised an astonish...
Liz Rothera• 13 Jun 2015
"""Thank you so much for an amazing musical display; you and your Great Gatsby band were the icing on the cake! Everyone loved you and thought you were fantastic. Mark and I and the kids want to thank you all for the wonderful music and atmosphere you created on the night. The event would not have been the same without you. Just made the party start with a bang and we could not have been happier. I can't thank you enough and would highly recommend you. You were all brilliant."""
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Fabulous Roaring 20s/Great Gatsby band to get feet tapping and dancers flapping!
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at any event where the guests are dressed in 20s/30s attire
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Very reasonably priced ensemble providing a professional, hassle-free service.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?1920s and 30s themed functions, corporate hospitality events, weddings, drinks receptions, dinner dances, race meetings, charity fundraisers.
- Who are your previous clients?Grainger plc, Leeds United FC, countless private clients.
- How can event planners pay for your services?20% deposit to confirm the booking. 80% balance due on the day of the event or before.
- How long do you play for?Typically 3x40 or 2x60 minute sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA and lighting are included in all quotes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?All equipment is Patt tested plus $5m public liability insurance.
- How much space do you require?15ft x 10ft (4.5m x 3m)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If it's achievable with our line-up of instruments, yes.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Dr Jazz plays up to 120 minutes of music split into two or three sets over a maximum of 3.5 hours. The breaks are up to you.
The ‘Roaring’ 20s
Ain’t She Sweet
As Time Goes By
Button Up Your Overcoat
Bye Bye Blackbird
Don’t Bring Lulu