Dixiebird Records is the brainchild of singer/songwriter and performing artist, Kerri Layton. The internationally renowned jazz vocalist was inspired to create a melting pot of stylish sounds and retro rhythms inspired by the performances from the Big Band era. The menu caters for all events in need of a band that will not only perform high quality jazz music but will set the tone and atmosphere for your whole occasion.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Vaudeville Jazz for the Modern World
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing with Andy Mackay (Roxy Music), singing at The Savoy, touring the world at 5 star venues, performing live in BBC Radio, ITV, Glastonbury and headlining Alexandra Palace.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Effortless stage craft, years on the stage make us adept to any audience large or small. Skilled events producers as well as musicians give us a unique edge which can add a lot of value to your event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Corporates, fashion launches, private events, parties, weddings, art events, brand experiences, theatre experiences, live shows on tv, radio and more.
- Who are your previous clients?Bollinger Champagne, BBC, The Savoy, The Andaz,, Royal British Legion, Hackney Empire, Alexandra Palace and a large list of private events with A- List celebrities.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We require 50% deposit upon receipt of a signed booking agreement to reserve your date and produce your event. The balance is required 40 business days prior to the event unless special circumstances apply.
- How long do you play for?Any combination that maximises the event at hand. generally speaking any of the following depending on the act and the event. 2 X 15 mins / 3 x 30 mins / 2 x 45 mins / 1 x 90 mins / 1 x 60 mins / 3 x 45 mins (or 6 hours for the event packages)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?General rule of thumb - 3 X 4 metre space
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Send it over and we will work our magic!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depends on your event and what your needs are, the musicians will need a minimum of 15mins between sets.
- What style of music do you offer?Jazz, Blues, Swing, POP, RNB, Funk, Gospel, Soul, we have an extensive reptile so please contact us for more information on your event as we tailor our set lists for the event at hand.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes it sure is!
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes we do , The Sweet Spots is a great walkabout show for summer also (see our menu)
Our A La Carte Music Menu is as follows, don’t see the arrangement you are after? Don’t worry! get in touch and we will see what we can create for you.
For intimate occasions and for smaller audiences that don’t require a full band
Dixiebird Duo (Acoustic)
Live and unplugged, book any combination to play a classy range of jazz standards. Can be purely instrumental or with a singer. Piano and Sax/Vocals and Guitar/Vocals and Guitar
(1 X 90 / 3 X 30 / 2 X 45 mins) £650 ex VAT
Kerri & Her MP3 Big Band
Kerri’s signature act which toured the world’s 5 star venues! Solo singer complete with stylish costumes and vinyl-inspired backing tracks. Conjuring voices of a long-lost era, this nostalgic show has toured the world and is our founder’s signature performance. This charismatic act works well as the main attraction or as an atmospheric backdrop for your event. Vocals & Tracks
(1 X 90 min / 2 X 45 min sets) £475 ex VAT
The Main Event
For deluxe occasions and events, our main courses provide stylish live music shows
Miss Mabel’s Grand Douglas Hotel
Stylish swing jazz band for all occasions, playing a range of jazz standards and modernised 80’s, 90’s and 00’s pop songs remixed into a swing style ala 'PostModern Jukebox’. A four-piece band consisting of drums, piano, double bass and vocals.
(2 X 45-min sets) £1900 ex VAT
Maw Baker & The Showboaters
RnB Voodoo Blues Orchestra! The party band for party people! Fun, Vaudevillian, New Orleans voodoo-style party band. Think pin-up, show girls, showboats, funky jazz, swing and pop numbers! Four-piece, including drums, piano, big jungle drums, dancers and vocals.
(2 x 45-min sets) £2300 ex VAT
Champagne Blues Band
Female voices of the juke joints, sirens of the silver screen, a laidback Blues journey through the sounds of the decadent early 30’s blues movement of America, with a bit of storytelling. Perfect for restaurants, bars and supper club experiences. Trio, including piano, vocals and double bass.
(2 x 45-min sets) £975 ex VAT
Gold, Frankincense & Purr
A 1920’s-style festive jazz act to give your celebrations a touch of class and all the ragtime party hits of the season. Trio, including piano, sax/clarinet and vocals.
(2 X 45-min sets) £1200 ex VAT
Female singer and sax duo playing all the sounds of the Big Band era for a fraction of the fee! Can also be performed as a wandering act throughout the event (requires a sound system). Costumes include beach party, pin-up or old Hollywood glamour. (3 X 30/ 2 X 45min sets) £975 ex VAT
Chosen your music? Browse our selection of sides to compliment your act
Delivered and installed, includes an engineer, all insured and PAT tested, can entertain up to 500 people. Price on quote
Red Carpet and poles
High end red carpet with polished brass/gold poles, up to 20M long, delivered installed and removed from your event £350 ex VAT
Choose from our stunning range of trained contemporary and vintage dance acts, we can teach your guests how to dance The Charleston, Samba or we can simply add extra bounce to your event with a walkabout and dance act, choose from Gatsby Dancers in Hollywood Outfits, or our very own Rum Girls for some summer tiki action!
£250 per dancer ex VAT
Our signature event and entertainment packages, ready to book!
A full, immersive 1920’s Experience. Full event and entertainment package including Miss Mable’s Grand Douglas Hotel (5 piece), Gatsby Dancers (4 dancers!) includes 4 shows and a dance lesson, Dixiebird Duo, Red Carpet, Cabaret Singer plus sound system and an entertainment manager. £5000 ex VAT (net value £6,575)
Tropical Summer Dance Party
Ultimate Summer Party! The Rum Girls, Samba Dancers, Maw Baker and The Showboaters (7 piece), The Sweet-Spots, a tropical playlist to place between the sets, PA system/sound support for up to 200 people plus an entertainment manager. £3000 ex VAT (net value £4,7000)
Made to Order
Freshly prepared shows, exclusively for you or added extras, seasoned to order!
Creative Event Design and Consultation; a fully bespoke party or experiential marketing event campaign, created with your end vision and results in mind. Perfect for brand launches, beauty product launches, company milestones, PR stunts or just a fabulous celebration for your VIP’s!
£750 per day ex VAT
The Birdcage Photography Studio
Make your event really stand out with our amazing giant birdcage photo booth! Can be booked with an aerialist inside, or with a box of props and a photo booth for seriously unique images for your event. Prices start at £950 ex VAT