By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Use Of Our Site
Poptop provides a place for its users and event planners to interact with suppliers and book those suppliers to provide all of the services they require to host their event. Poptop itself does not provide any supplier services and are an event planning platform – Poptop is not an agent for the supplier or do we act as a representative for any user.
Poptop reserve the right to terminate customers accounts that may be putting members at risk, either because they have not provided a valid phone number or they are putting other users at harm.
Poptop reserve the right to moderate conversations between users and suppliers. If any unnatural behavior is detected, we can terminate a profile at any time.
Poptop reserve the right to revoke any account without refund for acting in a manner Poptop UK deems inappropriate or unprofessional during any aspect of member-to-client or member-to-member interaction, including but without limitation to initial contact, booking negotiation, performance or service provision, and settlement of payment due.
You represent that you are legally able to accept these Terms and Conditions, and are of legal age to form a contract, or have obtained parental or guardian consent to do so, If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the site.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. By continuing to use the site after we post any changes, you accept the Terms and Conditions as modified.
All members and customers (event planners), who use Poptop UK and agree to the following rules are responsible for the following:
These are rules of conduct that all users and supplier are required to follow when using the site.
You must not:
- Book events or reservations outside the site of Poptop (e.g to avoid paying any fees) If we find this, Poptop have the right to terminate any user account with immediate effect.
- Use unauthorized automated means to access the site, or otherwise gain unauthorized access to the site or to any account or computer system connected to the site.
- “Flood” the site with requests, disrupt or harm the site or its systems.
- Restrict or inhibit another user or users from using the enjoying the site
- Impersonate any person, including, but not limited to, other community members or our employees.
- Engage in or promote spamming, chain letters or other unsolicited communications.
- Provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to us. This includes personal details
- Post any content or take action that may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, or to any other person.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- In your profile, use any offensive or sexually suggestive references or post any photographs or other images containing nudity. Poptop UK reserves the right but has no obligation, to remove without warning or refund any profile or photograph or image that does not comply with these prohibitions
- Post any content or take any action that contains any information that you know is not correct and current
- You may not link to your own personal website
- You may not provide your personal details if you are not a PRO/GOLD member, you can find these on our pricing policies
- Provide any content or take any action that encourages criminal conduct
- Post any content or take any action that advertises products or services other than those offered and promoted on the site.
- Post any content or take any action that contains or distributes any virus, malware, spyware or harmful content or code
- Contact a Poptop client with an offer, suggestion or advice to book an event outside of the platform
- Contact a Poptop client in an open or completed booking to warn them away from hiring other Poptop suppliers
- Share your contact details before confirming a booking through the platform
- Fail to maintain current contact information on your profile, including at least one main image. We reserve the right to add any image or edit any information at any time. You hereby grant Poptop UK permission to add content to your public profile at our sole discretion by uploading content found on the website link that you post as your “Official Website” in order to increase the quality or presentation of your public profile.
- Not falsifying identity or misrepresent yourself in any way on the Site or in your Poptop UK public profile.
- Not posting, distributing or reproducing in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Service.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. Poptop UK reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
- Reviews may only be posted by actual clients who have booked you. You may dispute any review you feel to be fraudulent, but the removal of reviews is solely at our discretion. Also, writing reviews for your competitors with the intent of tearing them down is the lowest form of competitive behavior and will result in immediate termination of your account without refund if we have reason to believe you have done so. As a company, we follow the rules and require the same from our Members: treat others the way you wish to be treated. Posting any illegitimate reviews will result in termination of your public profile membership without refund, and we may forever bar you from the Site.
- You will not re-sell or re-offer any lead you receive through Poptop UK to another performer, vendor or service provider, nor will you re-offer or post to any website any lead you receive through your relationship with this website.
- You will respond fully, truthfully, and within three (3) business days to any request for information or other inquiry from Poptop UK related to your or another Member’s compliance with these Terms.
- From the 1st of July, you must not take deposit payments from clients outside of Poptop.
Failure to comply with these provisions outlined under “Use Of Our Site” may result in immediate suspension or termination of your right to use the Site without refunding your membership fees. Poptop UK reserves the right, in its sole discretion and in all instances, to determine whether a Member has or has not complied with any provision contained in these Terms.
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Poptop UK be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss or profit, arising out of the use, or the inability to use, the materials on this site, even if Poptop UK or a Poptop UK authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Ownership of Site Content and Submissions
If you submit or post any materials or content to the site, you grant us a freedom to use such materials and content, for our business purposes in any form, in any media, and via any technology we choose, whether it exists now or is created in the future. You may give us permission to edit your profile as we see fit. This may be to improve your profile or your event requirements.
Responsibility for Public Postings and Content
Responsibility for what is posted in public areas of the site lies with each user – you are alone responsible for the material you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the site. We do not control the material that you or others may post or otherwise. We do have the right to monitor on our site, and we Poptop have the right to edit information and terminate your profile if we find anything being inappropriate. These will come under our rules and regulations above.
Although our employees may moderate the content and postings, we have no authority to make binding commitments, promises or representations to anyone that they or anyone else on our behalf. We cannot commit to a booking on anyone’s behalf and a commitment needs to be made by both parties (suppliers and clients).
Registration and Login
To access certain features or areas of the site, you may be required to provide personal and/or demographic information as part of a registration or login process. Certain features of the site are only available to our registered users, and to access those areas of the site you will be required to log in using your username and password.
You agree to provide true, accurate, current information about yourself as prompted by the application or log in form, and you are responsible for keeping this information up to date(this includes your contact information so that we can reliably contact you when needed).
You are responsible for all activity occurring when the site is accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not. Therefore, if you create an account, be sure to protect the confidentiality of your password. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
As a Poptop supplier, if you experience any unusual activity in your profile you have the right to notify Poptop. We have the right to determine whether to keep the profile active or to terminate the account including all reviews and media attached to the current account.
Event Protection Policy
By agreeing with our Terms and Conditions, you also agree with our event protection policy. If you are a supplier, you agree, that Poptop may take certain actions as deemed appropriate for cancellation of bookings after confirmation. Poptop reserve the right, in situations, to cancel any booking or request a refund, issue a refund for a booking made via Poptop.
You are responsible for paying all fees as set forth on our pricing and payments terms. All payments must be made electronically as specified on Poptop. You agree that we may charge your selected method of payment for booking fees and memberships for any fees owed. You must, keep your billing information up to date and accurate. Poptop may change prices or add new services at any time. Any change in pricing or payments shall become effective once stated in this agreement.
If you are a client of the site and using it to book for your event, you are choosing to enter into the transaction with a supplier. You agree and understand that you will be required to enter into an agreement with such supplier and agree to any terms or conditions which may be imposed by the supplier.
Authorization, payment processing. You authorize Poptop to debit any money for the payment method you have chosen. Authorization to charge your preferred payment method will remain effective until you cancel within the site.
When a booking completes through the Poptop platform, Poptop collects a booking a booking fee, as set on our pricing and payments. From August 1st, 2018, Poptop will deduct the booking fee automatically form the deposit payment.
Poptop Pricing and Payments
These Pricing and Payment terms outline the pricing of Poptop membership and booking fees for the suppliers. These prices are included in the Poptop Terms and Conditions.
Our current membership prices are as follows:
- £0.00 monthly and annually, this is our most basic package and is free to use.
- £14.99 monthly, this is paid at the start of the membership
- £74.99 for 6 months, this is paid at the start of the membership
- £134.99 for one year, this is paid at the start of the membership
- £39.99 monthly, this is paid at the start of the membership
- £199.99 for 6 months, this is paid at the start of the membership
- £359.99 for 12 months, this is paid at the start of the membership
If you want to sign up a second profile then we offer a 50% discount. For example, if you have a number of bands or you have a separate profile for your PhotoBooth listing or DJ listing, then you can upgrade for 50% off your first payment. If you are looking to sign up your second profile, email: email@example.com for your 50% discount code.
Our membership plans come with a 30-day money back guarantee. This guarantee only applies to new memberships and upgrades. It does not apply to renewals. This can only be refunded if specified within the 30 day period. You can cancel membership by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or via our support widget.
All Poptop PRO/GOLD members will automatically renew monthly/6 months/12 months. When you sign up, or renew your membership, you are entering our terms and conditions to renew your subscription when it is time. We will use the same payment method used to sign up/ renew with. If you sign up with a discount code, then your membership will renew at the normal price stated in our price guideline above.
Poptop may offer discounted membership at prices below what is listed as part of targeted marketing or sales efforts. You can upgrade your membership plan here.
Poptop charges suppliers a 7% booking fee plus VAT on all bookings secured through our platform. This booking fee is non-negotiable and may be refundable if the event is cancelled. From the 1st of August 2018, we will take the booking fee automatically from the deposit payment and transfer the remaining amount to the supplier. If the supplier does not acquire a deposit, then we will set the deposit to our booking fee. If the supplier asks the client to book outside of the system, we have the right to terminate the supplier’s account.
In the event of a supplier being booked on a ‘guest charge’ basis, we have separate booking fee terms and conditions that must be abided by and failure to do so may lead to the removal or suspension of your account. We require that regardless of if the client is paying anything to ensure the supplier attendance, a minimum fee of £40 (7% of 572 approx.) +VAT be paid for these bookings. This will ensure that we receive a more accurate fee.
Poptop accepts the following forms of payments for memberships: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Poptop accepts the following forms of payments for booking fees: BACS and PayPal.
We do not accept check payments.
We reserve the right to change these pricing and payment terms at any time. By continuing to use the site, you accept the pricing and payments terms.
Automatic Membership Renewal
All Poptop PRO/GOLD members will automatically renew for the same amount of time you first signed up at monthly/6 months/12 months. When you sign up or renew your membership, you are entering our terms and conditions to renew your subscription when it is time. We will use the same payment method used to sign up/ renew with.
You may cancel your membership at any time at email@example.com. If you request to have your membership cancelled after the first month we will wait until the last day of that month period to cancel your membership. You are entitled to 30-day money back guarantee if you cancel within the first month.
Poptop Event Protection policy
The following outlines the policies and procedures by which Poptop suppliers and clients must abide by. Our Event Protection Policy is incorporated into our Poptop Terms And Services. If these are not adhered to, we have the right to remove you from our service instantly.
In the case of supplier cancellation, the client is fully protected here by Poptop and our client protection. The supplier must refund the deposit in full and, any other payment that is taken. We must be notified about this situation straight away. The supplier will refund us the part of the deposit they received, and we will refund the deposit in full. If the supplier has received no part of the deposit, we will refund the booking fee (deposit).
If a supplier does not show up at the event without letting client or Poptop know, we have the right to terminate the supplier profile with immediate effect and will forfeit the booking fee.
In the case of supplier cancellation, any client deposit processed through Poptop payment system must be returned to the client in full. Failure to do so may lead to termination of your Poptop account. Any remaining payment taken outside of Poptop must be returned to them in full directly by the supplier. Failure to do this may lead to the terminate of your Poptop account.
In the case of a client cancellation, we ask that the client make Poptop aware as far in advance of the event date.
The client will forfeit any non-refundable deposit payments made prior to the cancellation date. Also, the supplier will forfeit the booking fee to us here. This is because of transaction charges that have been applied to us when processing the payments. The supplier will keep any deposit they have received, which we have transferred to them.
Any refundable deposits, made by the client through our payment system, will be returned to the client in full. If the supplier has received the deposit here, this will be returned to us. We will then refund the client in full, including the booking fee.