Want an award winning band of fun traditional musicians to perform at your wedding or any other event? Wraggle Taggle Ceilidh Band have performed for Mick Jagger, Robert Smith of the Cure, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Zoe Ball and Frank Skinner to name a few. Contact us today for details. One of the most popular, versatile, successful and affordable traditional ceilidh bands based in London, Wraggle Taggle Ceilidh Band perform live Irish, Scottish, English and American music, dance and songs in or near London.
Seb Teuber, The King's Royal Hussars• 9 Feb 2019
"I would totally recommend Wraggle Taggle"
"Wraggle Taggle were professional, very accommodating, and went down a treat (9th February 2019 Saturday The King's Royal Hussars Officers' Mess, Tidworth Garrison, Wiltshire, SP9 7BB). They offered both amplified and non-amplified music and using their amplifiers were able to hold a full room of 90 loud and merry party goers. I would totally recommend Wraggle Taggle for any party or event and if the theme lent itself, I would, without doubt, use them ...
Joanna Bradley and Emily Lee• 22 Jul 2018
"All our guests thoroughly enjoyed it
""Hi Mick, Thank you so much for playing at our wedding at The Dreys last Sunday (15th July 2018 Sunday The Dreys, Rumstead Lane, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 7QL). We had a fantastic time, and all our guests thoroughly enjoyed it. Your caller (I've forgotten her name) was super patient and clear and you were all very effective at encouraging everyone to fill the dance floor. Apparently, the venue owners had never had a ceilidh before but now thinks they're fan...
Mary Birken• 27 Oct 2018
Jonathan and I wanted to thank you and the band for playing at our wedding reception (27th October 2018 Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0SD)
Everyone loved the music and the set dancing!
you did a great job at getting everyone up dancing and involving all the children too- they loved it!
You made the event very special for everyone.
Thank you for playing the ""Rose of Kilkenny"" to remind me of home!
We had lots of compliments from our guests ab...
Ruari Phillips• 9 Mar 2019
Mick and the band were absolutely brilliant from start to finish. When they arrived they had to make do with a slightly smaller area than originally expected but there were no complaints and they just got on with it and put on a brilliant performance, everyone who attended the party commented that the band really made it a great night!
Luke Callaghan• 25 Jul 2018
""Thanks again for Saturday night (1st July 2018 The Rooks Nest, 73 Dalling Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 0JD) – you guys are great! Cracking band. Everyone loved them - they know what to play and when to play it!.
-Luke Callaghan 25th July 2018"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Wraggle Taggle are a professional award winning and talented band with many years' experience specialising in traditional music in pubs and clubs, and at schools and colleges, festivals, weddings, parties wakes and corporate functions.
- What are the highlights of your career?Founded by Mick Bailey (Guitar/vocals) in 1998, the band has many years of success including performances for Mick Jagger and Robert Smith of The Cure. Celebrities they've performed for include: Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Zoe Ball, Frank Skinner, Clive Anderson, Ian Hislop Stephen Fry, Alan Davis, Dara O'Briain, Sanjeev Bhaskhar, Meera Syal, Aimi MacDonald, Bert Weedon, Jon Snow, and Imelda Staunton.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Wraggle Taggle provide a truly traditional music band tailored to your specific requirements. We are flexible enough as regards personnel, instrumentation and musical style to be able to tailor a band to your specific requirements, and go out as anything from a duo to a six-piece, amplified or acoustic, with or without a caller. All bands are punctual, smart and sober, but still good fun! Satisfaction Guaranteed. Special Events. Friendly Atmosphere
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings Civil Ceremonies Receptions Parties Festivals Pubs Clubs Schools Colleges Corporate functions Special events Wakes
- Who are your previous clients?The band has many years of success including performances for Mick Jagger and Robert Smith of The Cure. Celebrities they've performed for include: Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Zoe Ball, Frank Skinner, Clive Anderson, Ian Hislop Stephen Fry, Alan Davis, Dara O'Briain, Sanjeev Bhaskhar, Meera Syal, Aimi MacDonald, Bert Weedon, Jon Snow, and Imelda Staunton.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Contact Pop Top initially to pay your deposit. The balance may be paid in advance directly to the bandleader Mick Bailey by bank transfer or in cash on arrival.
- How long do you play for?As a guide, two one hour sets or three 45min sets but really the intention is to fit in with your arrangements. Wraggle Taggle can play longer or for less time and are used to being flexible about timings on the night no party ever runs exactly to plan!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Wraggle Taggle use a Dynacord Powermate 600 Mixer Amp, two EV speakers and Shure SM58 microphones. This is sufficient for most venues. If your venue is very large or you have a lot of guests the band may need to hire something more powerful. It is not always essential to bring the amplification. However it may be too quiet without, though Wraggle Taggle are delighted to perform acoustic too. The equipment helps the band balance the instruments better. Your guests will have to be very attentive for the caller to be heard without a microphone. Wraggle Taggle are really an acoustic band and (with your agreement) only use the amplification so they can be heard. They are sensitive musicians and will gladly turn down if you direct them to. Wraggle Taggle don't use drums or electric instruments which are inherently louder.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment included as standard
- How much space do you require?The band needs approximately 4 meters by 2 meters space though we can and often do squeeze into less space. If possible Wraggle Taggle prefer to work from a proper stage. For ceilidh dancing, how many of your guests are likely to want to dance at any one time? Inevitably some will sit out to drink, chat or have a rest. Others may be very keen to dance all night! Each set of eight couples facing each other need at least a square meter each plus a meter all round the set to dance in and out or behind. So for each 16 people 10 X 4 meters = 40 square meters. In an ideal world, please clear as much space as possible with chairs around the perimeter of the room for exhausted dancers to collapse into and a few tables.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?It may be possible to learn new material if you can allow sufficient time
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Really the intention is to fit in with your arrangements. Sometimes it can be desirable for the band to take breaks e.g. for the cutting of the cake, speeches or buffet. Sometimes we play one long set as this suits the evening better.
- What about our first dance?There is a tradition that the happy couple start the dancing with a slow romantic dance. It is a photo opportunity that could result in a treasured memento and the band has some beautiful suitable pieces to play. Wraggle Taggle will call other couples up to join you reasonably soon. Some couples ask for a favorite romantic track to be played via iPod or other device for their first dance. Other newlyweds do without the first dance and go straight in to the ceilidh. The band can start with a ceilidh dance featuring the two of you or one that doesn't do so. Nothing is so complicated that the band can't teach you on the night.
- Do you provide recorded music as well?Wraggle Taggle do bring an iPod to provide similar background music in the breaks. A wide selection of tracks are available. The iPod can play from a few minutes after arrival and during set up as well as during the breaks. Wraggle Taggle's equipment can also be made available to play iPod before or after the performance for additional fees. Sometimes there is a disco after the ceilidh to provide music of other genres. As an alternative, Wraggle Taggle could play your iPod, tablet, or laptop selection using the band's equipment.
Wraggle Taggle are equally at home doing a song-based performance as they are playing tunes for a dance. Bandleader Mick Bailey built his extensive repertoire of songs during many years performi...