Has supported Courtney Pine CBE, Geno Washington, Acoustic Alchemy, Snake Davis and The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. I can play solo or in duo, trio, quartet, quintet. Jazz, Soul, Funk, Smooth, Easy Listening, Reggae. Has been a featured artist for Jazz FM. Singer songwriter.
If you want chilled jazz, soul, smooth, easy listening or upbeat funky soul (especially 1970's) and hints of reggae, then look no further. I have it covered. New recording of 16 songs written by Vernon Fuller are now available on CD and across various digital platforms including: Spotify, Deezer, emusic, iTunes, Amazon MP3 and Google Play. Songs styles are Soul, Jazz, Latin, Reggae and Funk. Titled "What Will You Do?", the songs have male and female vocals, trumpet, bass, drums, percussion, guitars and on one song a brass horn section.Album released on 30th August 2013.
Review: “With this album Vernon displays his guitar prowess and versatility through many musical styles. Being fresh and upliftin...
Richard Bell• 5 Sep 2015
"I booked Vernon to play for my 65th birthday party after reading other reviews about him. I have to say that we were not disappointed, he made the party extra special and all my guests enjoyed his music and said what a really nice guy he is. He even backed me when I did a couple of songs myself.
Richard Bell 10/10"
Kathryn & Carey• 24 Feb 2017
"We absolutely love Vernon! Vernon has played at a few of our functions, including cheese and wine night and steak night and has become a firm favourite amongst our customers. His music was the perfect accompaniment, and I would recommend him to anyone.
The Lambing Shed (Functions) 10/10"
Helen Lye• 24 Apr 2015
"We booked Vernon for our wedding on the 24th April 2015 and he really was fantastic, we had pre arranged what music he was going to do off his playlist. We corresponded by email and had no problems with contacting him and he arrived on time for our evening reception, he set up and played straight through until about 10. We found his own music very good especially his song (see that girl) he made the evening fun and got us up dancing, our guests loved him and enjoyed his music, Vernon is a frien...
Michael Carey• 16 Jul 2016
"Vernon was amazing! He has a seductive tone and offered a professional service. He made a huge impact and was approached by many of my guests that are now booking him for their events. I would recommend Vernon without hesitation and promise you he will add value to your event/party. I am beyond satisfied!
Michael Carey (Private Party) 10/10"
Shaun• 21 Oct 2017
"We booked Vernon for a family celebration at a cottage in North Yorkshire and he did not disappoint! Vernon caught the mood just right and his guitar playing and vocals are excellent. The whole family really enjoyed his set which helped make the occasion special. Vernon is also a lovely guy and got on with everyone really well. Highly recommended!
Shaun (Private party) 10/10"
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private or corporate events. Low key background music or upfront performances.
- Who are your previous clients?John Lewis, York; Haydock Racecourse; Liverpool Council; Sefton/Southport Council, Marlborough Jazz Festival; Wigan Jazz Festival; Nantwich Jazz & Blues Festival. Various restaurants and private party bookings.
- How long do you play for?I play generally for either 2 x 45 minute sets or 2 x 60 minute sets. I have been asked to play for longer sometimes for an increased fee.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA. I don't have my own lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, as a member of the Musicians' Union I have £10 million worth of PLI. All my equipment is PAT tested every October.
- How much space do you require?Enough for me standing plus for two speaker stands for the p.a. equipment.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Given enough notice, generally yes. However bear in mind that I don't use backing tracks.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One or two depending on length of gig. Breaks are generally 15 minutes.
After the love is gone
Ain’t no Sunshine
Ain't nobody's business if I do
Always and forever
And I love her
Another Star (For You)
As (I'll be loving you always)
Bend down low...