David Reid-Frow was born in Gainsborough in 1963. He was educated at Gainsborough Grammar School, New College Cardiff and
The University of Manchester.
Whilst an undergraduate he entertained the underprivileged children of Moss Side at the Students Union. Across Oxford Road, at the Athletic Union he represented the University at rugby league, as open head prop forward, gaining University Colours. At that time David, the club treasurer, balanced the books, now he takes different things into account when stilt walking. This balancing is one of the skills he displays and teaches to children at the Laugh & Learn Circus Workshop.
Vacation work presenting magic shows or Punch & Judy puppet pantomimes at school Christmas parties supplemented David's student grant. During term time Manchester night clubs employed him as a door attendant, slipping easily into the role with already owning the obligatory evening dress although would never have lost the trouser knees if had carried on only wearing the suit to perform close-up magic.
Today he's no longer found on doors, but on the dance floor, as disc jockey at dance parties, responsible for the sound and lighting, not the security of discos. He is a member of Equity, the actors' and variety artists' Union. Appearing on local radio, on television in "Wish You Were Here..." and often in "Heart Beat" besides providing entertainment in holiday centres,shopping precincts, theatres, schools, clubs and children's birthday parties. Involving magic as an educational medium, built on first hand experience obtained as a teaching assistant at Cardiff Gypsy School, David developed the cross curriculum Laugh and Learn programme, with shows on Reduce Reuse Recycle, Forces, Electricity, Road Safety, Dental Hygiene, Safety in the Home, Circus Skills, Puppetry and Magnets.
David decided to become a children's entertainer after graduating as a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Chemistry because both children and chemistry begin with a curly c.
Despite the fact that I was christened David Mark Reid-Frow I'm know by the performing name of Uncle Brian, the children's entertainer who is legendary for being the life of the party, in contrast to some cabaret stand-up comedians, Uncle Brian does not make fun of the audience, so has shows suitable for all ages from tiny tots to teenagers.
David Reid-Frow, the multi-talented professional performer who's performance skills are so diverse they are listed here alphabetically making child's play out of the one stop shopping selection for your own combination of kid's entertainment producing a perfect party package, covers the UK with 30 years experience from entertaining children as far north as a roadshow disco in Fraserburgh Aberdeenshire, as far south as Punch and Judy in Brighton Sussex and thousands of venues in between for reasonable prices.
However, the children's entertainer is able to provide a great deal in addition to the children's birthday packed with party dances and musical games of the funky fun disco. Any time kids need entertaining, the children's entertainer has the perfect package that's bang on for your big bash - from anniversary to balloon workshop, from christening to dinner dance, from educational show to festival, from graduation ball to hullabaloo, from inauguration to juggling workshop, from karaoke to launch, from meeting to night out, from one on one to powwow, from quiz night to rendezvous, from shindig to turnout, from union to variety, from weddings and Xmas to anything beginning with Z.
Karen Lobley• April 19, 2019
very good entertainer the children enjoyed it.
Israa Daoud• June 20, 2017
Panctual, knows How to deal with kids and entertaining. Would definetly recommend
Services From UBEEM
- Do you do open-air acts?Punch and Judy, Clown Car, Magic Circus Workshop are popular amongst my many open-air acts when I can supply my own PA system and generator.
- How long is the act?As a multi-talented entertainer I can supply entertainmnet all day long.
- What type of magic do you performMagic to entertain the whole family whether the audience is close-up with mix and mingle table hopping magic or performing from stage to a seated theatre.
- Will your magic suit my event?My magic act is flexible and can be adapted to suit different events.
- How many people will you perform for?I can supply one to one magic or use my larger colourful tricks and powerful 100 volt line PA system to entertain hundreds.
- How long do you need to set up?I try to arrive at a venue an hour prior to the performance.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?I do have public liability insurance through membership of Equity.
- What experience do you have working with children?Over 35 years experience as a children's entertainer.
- Are you DBS checked?Full Enhanced CRB through my role as Governor at local Primary School.
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?Having a wide range of PA systems I do not limit the number of people in an audience.
Animated Robotic Characters
Aesop's Lion & Mouse Fable
Badge Machine Making Workshop
Billy Goats Gruff
Chicken Lickin and Foxie Loxie
Chimney Sweep Character
Eric & Ernie Elf
Giant Pub Games
Hazel Witch & Curly Locks
Jack and the Bean Stalk
Jungle Japes Safari Show
Little Miss Muffet
Little Red Riding Hood
Mix & Mingle Magician
Punch & Judy
Promotional Events Presenter
Radio Controlled Character
Three Little Pigs
Wedding Reception Disco