Wirral based ceilidh band Two Left Feet have been providing traditional music for ceilidhs and barndances for over twenty years.
We have a large selection of Scottish, Irish, English and Welsh tunes and dances.
We also play American reels if you require a Hoe Down.
The band always includes an experienced and entertaining 'caller' who ensures that a good time is had by all.
Jessica Hanley• 2 Mar 2019
Very professional, good music and pleasant people. Very please overall with two left feet.
Kim Aspinall• 28 Dec 2016
Fantastic! Made the evening a huge success! Everyone joined in and have had loads of comments saying how good the evening was. Would definitely recommend! Thanks guys! X
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Ceilidh band Two Left Feet provide traditional music for ceilidhs and barndances.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have performed in all the major venues in the North West, including Knowsley Hall, Liverpool and Chester Town Halls, the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, The Lowry, Salford, Haydock Racecourse, and Lancashire Cricket Ground, Old Trafford. For the Queens Jubilee Celebrations, we performed in Chester for public celebrations and the lighting of the Chester Beacon, and later on at Eaton Hall for the Duke of Westminster's Jubilee Celebration. We've been live in Hertfordshire, dead in Netherton, often seen around Macclesfield, roved the country o'er. We've played weddings galore, socials, carnivals, fairs, company shindigs, movie launches for Twentieth Century Fox, school and charity fundraisers. We've played at the BBC Music Live Festival, broadcast on the BBC, been twice featured on Radio Merseyside's Folk Scene programme, as well as many other local radio stations around the country - and we've eaten more cold buffets than you've had hot dinners....
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are multi instrumental group with each band member playing several instruments. We are very familiar with Scottish, Irish, English and American tunes and dances and can dress for the occasion e.g. St. Patrick's Day costumes, Cowboy Hats and boots for Hoe Downs, Tartan/Tweed for Burns Night and Scottish weddings etc. The band is very experienced and has been providing ceilidhs for many years.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?The band plays for all the main Ceilidh nights, namely Burns Night, St. Andrew's Day, St. Patrick's Day, New Year's Eve, and Hoe Downs for American Independence Day. We play for many weddings, private functions and corporate and business events.
- Who are your previous clients?We've played weddings galore, socials, carnivals, fairs, company shindigs, movie launches for Twentieth Century Fox, school and charity fundraisers. Corporate Clients have included J.C.B. (50th Birthday Celebrations at Uttoxeter), Boots, Barclays Bank, Liverpool University, and many others.
- How can event planners pay for your services?By electronic transfer or cheque.
- How long do you play for?We generally play for the whole evening with one break in the middle. Usually for an event such as a wedding reception we would play for about an hour and a quarter then stop for the wedding buffet. After the buffet/break we would continue for another session of about hour and a quarter. We are very flexible and will tailor the evening to client's wishes. We have a huge repertoire of music and dances so we are not limited to specific set times.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA. We don't carry lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes to both.
- How much space do you require?About 12 feet by 6 feet enough pace for 4 musicians and PA. We are flexible and will try and fit in the space available.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Ideally, if client gives us advanced notice we will prepare it in advance and play it. We try to accommodate requests on the night but cannot guarantee everything.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break in the middle. Weddings usually provide a buffet at this point.
We play a mixture of Scottish, Irish, English and American tunes and dances.
Our Scottish set includes all the well known Scottish dances e.g. The Gay Gordons, Strip the Willow, The Dashing White Ser...