Two Blue Jazz are a Wirral Merseyside based duo playing Bossa Nova, Jazz standards and a varied program of instrumental music including pop artists like Sting and Bacharach. We provide background music for restaurants, weddings, functions, birthdays, tea dances etc. The duo comprises a jazz/classical guitarist and a woodwind player who plays alto and soprano saxophone, clarinet and flute.
We can also provide some classical music choices for wedding ceremonies.
Our aim is to add ambience to your event with a varied program of instrumental music.
We play jazz standards, latin jazz, the odd french tune, movie theme or classical guitar solo and also the music of pop artists who lend themselves to jazz interpretation.
Currently resident at the Manor Restaurant Greasby Wirral if you want to see us play on Sunday evenings.
For larger events we can play as a full Jazz Band, double bass ,sax,piano or guitar , drums and vocalist or as a jazz trio click external website button at bottom and v...
Cathy Gallagher• 8 Mar 2019
A huge thank you gentlemen - you were absolutely fantastic and hit the mark perfectly for our staff awards event. we've had lots of great feedback about how great the music was. We will be back in touch for next year!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Our aim is to add ambience to your event with a varied program of instrumental music. We play jazz standards, latin jazz, the odd french tune, movie theme or classical guitar solo and also the music of pop artists who lend themselves to jazz interpretation.
- What are the highlights of your career?Our Sax Player John Padfield is a music graduate of the University of Birmingham, John studied clarinet with Colin Parr. In the field of classical music, John has worked with the Northern Wind Orchestra, National Concert Orchestra and British Clarinet Ensemble. As a jazz saxophonist/clarinettist, John has been privileged to work with touring British musicians including Alan Barnes and Pete Carter, and international stars including the American altoist Greg Abate and Australian multi-instrumentalist James Morrison. A committed educator, John has directed the Liverpool Youth Jazz Orchestra from its inception in 1995. On guitar Paul McRae is a guitarist and double bass player with many years experience playing in both small trios and big bands on guitar and bass.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are a versatile instrumental duo able to provide ambience to a wide range of events and can also provide some classical music options for ceremonies.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wedding Breakfasts Birthday and garden parties Corporate events
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or Bank transfer
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 hours but we often play for 3 hours with short breaks if requested
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?8ft by 4ft
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can try and find sheet music if requested in advance and if it is a suitable tune for our instruments to play.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?usually one 15 minute break in a 2 hour set
Look to the Sky (Jobim)
Girl From Ipanema (Jobim)
One Note Samba (Jobim)
Black Orpheus (Bonfi)
The Shadow of Your Smile (Mandel)
Besame Mucho (Velazquez)