I am a Vintage Singer, playing guitar & ukulele and great songs, such as as 'It must be Love', 'Thinking out loud', 'Angels', and classics/ standards like 'Bring me Sunshine', 'Fly me to the Moon' and many, many more. I am often hired for weddings and parties due to the flexible nature of my performance in that I can perform both with a PA system in a formal setting, or I can circulate among your guest as a roaming musician with the minimum of amplification. I always get a warm reception as I am able to put your guests at ease and enjoy some great tunes. I have many years experience performing professionally as a musician in theatres, venues, weddings, corporate events and many more. Please feel free to get in touch to discuss your event.
Barbara Woodroy• May 14, 2019
Forwarded from event planner: "Please pass on our regards to Richard; he managed to bring the sunshine, even if the weather wasn't great. All of our guests enjoyed the music and we even had some dancing! We have another 'significant' birthday coming up next year and we may even have you again for that if you're free. Thanks again for making the entertainment side of our party so easy!"
Richard Day• Feb. 12, 2019
Richie was a real hit with our wedding party in Oxford. His choice of songs were perfect for our mixed guests and he made everyone enjoy our ad hoc event! We decided to get married at very short notice and we're lucky that Richard was available. Will be booking again soon for our summer barbecue.
Jim Hargreaves• June 29, 2019
Superb act. We loved the song choices and were pleased you took time to do Sue's request (Crackling Rosie) which pleased her no end. Good luck with the theatre shows!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, restaurants, corporate functions, family events, birthdays, care homes
- Who are your previous clients?Many private bookings, too numerous to mention here!
- How long do you play for?As long as you require me, up to a maximum of three hours (i.e. 3 x 45 mins max). A typical set will be 2 x 45 mins, although I can do 15, 30 or 45 mins (i.e wedding ceremonies, openings etc)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, up to 4kW.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes; £3m pub liability and all equipment PAt tested.
- How much space do you require?Typically 2.5m x 2m, although i can be flexible!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Within reason; Bohemian Rhapsody is a little tricky on a ukulele, but given enough time... ;)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Typically 10 mins for every 45 mins of singing, or I can do one hour continuously if i'm only required for one hour.
- What style of music do you offer?I can do a set of fairly contemporary hits, from the 80s until now, all done in my own vintage style. I can also do a set of 'standards' and 'classics' for a more classy feel, such as 'Fly me to the moon', 'Music to watch girls go by', 'Moon river' etc.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes, I can normally fit 1-2 songs in given sufficient notice.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes, I can perform as a roaming musician, with or without amplification.
- How much notice do you require?Sometimes I'm available at very short notice (I have turned out the same day on occasion) but usually I book weeks/ months ahead. Please get in touch though as I aim to please!
- What do you require to perform?Ideally I need to be within 30m of a plug socket and under cover, if possible. However, if I'm performing as a roaming musician I just require a cup of tea before I start.
- You sound great...can I book you?Yes, of course!
(Hits) Angels/ It must be love/ Thinking out loud/ Waterloo sunset/ Only you (Yazoo)/ Sit down (James)/ Budapest/ Paradise (George Ezra)/ Stand by me (Ben E King)/ Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison)/ Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)/ Can't take my eyes off you (Frankie Valli)/ Your Song (Elton John)/ God only knows (Beach Boys)/ Please, please let me get what I want (Smiths) + more
(Classics/ standards) Danny Boy/ Fly me to the moon/ Ain't misbehaving/ Bring me sunshine/ My funny valentine/ By the light of the silvery moon/ Music to watch girls go by/ Return to Sender (Elvis) + more
In addition to performing I can provide provide background music for when I am not performing, to a small battery powered speaker so I can stroll around your event and perform at will. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.