Treebeard have been a popular attraction on the pub, festival & beer festival circuit for many years now, with regular appearances at Sheffield, Derby, Tamworth, Newark, Stockport, Lincoln, Stoke & Barnsley festivals, as well as Earls Court for the Great British Beer Festival, and the Cropredy fringe. In 2017 the band played at Rockstock & Barrel, Holmfirth Folk Festival, Altrincham, Marlpool & Hope Valley Beer Festivals, Sheffield's Sharrow & Peace in the Park Festivals, Worrall, Festival8, Farmer Phil's, Solfest, Tramlines, Lancaster and Whitwell Festivals.
The band play lively Celtic folk-rock; traditional & original songs & tunes on a variety of acoustic instruments, always guaranteed to get an audience up & dancing.
They describe their style as 'Heavy Wood', releasing a first CD of that name in 2002, and a second CD 'Reel Ale’ in 2010. Their video for 'Over The Hills' has won the runner up prize in the 2 weeks 2 make it filmmaking competition 2011, as well as attracting over...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Lively Celtic folk-rock, made for dancing!
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing at the Great British Beer festival in Earls Court, and last year's 'Summer of Festival Fun' tour.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?As well as a strong set of original songs we also have a wide repertoire of popular party songs. All five members of the band sing, so we have strong harmonies as well as a range of distinctive lead vocals.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?pubs, clubs, festivals, weddings &private parties.
- Who are your previous clients?Earls Court for the Great British Beer Festival, Cropredy fringe, Rockstock & Barrel, Holmfirth Folk Festival, Altrincham, Marlpool & Hope Valley Beer Festivals, Sheffield's Sharrow & Peace in the Park Festivals, Worrall Festival, Festival8, Farmer Phil's, Solfest, Tramlines, Lancaster and Whitwell Festivals.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Paypal, bank transfer, cheque, cash on the night.
- How long do you play for?Typically 2x45min sets, but we have enough material to play 3x45mins if required.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Minimum stage size 5mx3m. We can work with smaller, but we'd rather not!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Probably, if you give us enough notice, preferably at least 4 weeks. If it's a song that is very unsuitable for our instrument line-up, we may have to rearrange it significantly. (We do folky-fiddle versions of AC/DC and Motorhead songs in a style similar to Hayseed Dixie)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Typically one or two of 20-30mins, but we're very flexible.
We have a full 90min set of original songs (many feature on our Heavy Wood, Reel Ale & especially New Leaves CDs) as well as a large repertoire of trad/folk/rock/pop songs & tunes including:-