Thomas McBrien is an award winning jazz pianist, band leader, session musician and educator that gained a first class degree from Canterbury Christ Church university in 2013. He has toured throughout Europe and the UK and is resident in South East London. As a performing jazz pianist he regularly plays as first chair of the Orbi Playa Big Band based in Canterbury Kent while also working in smaller ensembles such as the swinging Cleo's Misadventures, catalan funk sensation Periscopi Invertit and the cattle rustling country and western group The Mason Dixon Brothers Band as well as running his own jazz trio the Dream Music Ensemble. As a session pianist he has been recording with the 'Big Smoke' ensemble based in North Wembley. As a soloist Thomas regularly plays throughout the country at weddings, functions and corporate events in notable venues such as the Barbican and Ronnie Scott's.
- How long do you play for?Three hours with fifteen minute breaks in between each hour.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have a PA and mini PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?Two metres square.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One fifteen minute break after each hour.
It Could Happen To You - Jimmy Van Heusen
I Fall In Love Too Easily - Jule Styne
Speak No Evil - Wayne Shorter
Poinciana - Nat Simon
Summertime - George Gershwin
Softly As In A...