We will get a quote to you within an hour if enquiry received before 10:00pm - otherwise before 10:00 am next day.
The MoonRocks are a three piece (drums, guitar, bass), band comprising three professional, experienced and talented musicians;
Jonny Moonrock: Guitars & Vocals;
Lefty Moonrock: Bass guitars & Vocals, and;
Lenny Moonrock. Drums, Percussion and Vocals.
All band members contribute both lead and harmony vocals.
The MoonRocks love to play. They are exciting reliable, professional, friendly, and easy to work with.
They boast a huge and varied set list (see below); from Chuck Berry to The Foo Fighters, Wilson Pickett to the Black Crowes, The Kinks to REM, Bowie & Cream to Led Zeppelin & SAHB. You name it , we play it !! - and the setlist is updated constantly, so ask for your favourites.
The MoonRocks are a professional act, and consequently, they have high quality equipment, including a best of breed LD Systems PA. The PA is available for use at gigs for your own purposes in addition to thhat of the band, so if you need to use it for speeches, or presentations, or anything else, you can do so at no extra cost.
When The MoonRocks play a gig, EVERY single item of your requirements is taken into account. Before the band arrive (several hours before play-time to allow for setup and soundchecks), they will have consulted with you to understand your exact requirements. Nothing will be left to chance and they will ensure a smooth and entertaining event.
Michael Burt• March 24, 2018
"The MoonRocks have been coming to The Brandy for eight years and have build up a big following in this part of the world.
They are reliable, hard working, talented pros who always leave the audience wanting more.
Top class band."
Stephen Di Paola• March 31, 2018
"Booked the MoonRocks several times over the last four years at The Newton Arms. The boys put on a wonderful show of classic music and high-voltage rock'n'roll.
This is a great, vibrant, hard working band. Can't go wrong with them"
Alan Lodge• July 27, 2019
10 out of 10, good music, great blokes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Trio -Pop, rock and soul covers
- What are the highlights of your career?Bikers Festival , Tomintoul , Scottish Highlands. Not our normal gig , but it turned out a blast !
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?All members take lead vocals on different songs. Three part harmonies , singing drummer !!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Anything ! But mostly pubs , clubs and less formal events.
- Who are your previous clients?Too many to list . Hundreds. See our website for 10 years of gigs !
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash , cheque , Smarties.
- How long do you play for?As long as you need. We have a hundred songs or more we can call on.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. We have state of the art PA system as well as top of the line instruments and equipment. We have a basic lighting rig
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We can usually squeeze into less, but ideally around 70 ft.sq / 8 m.sq
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?The short answer is yes - but within the bounds of the genre and the production limitations of a live 3-piece band. You only have to ask to find out.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would need a break every hour at a stretch. Our usual 3-hr gig timing is 45m followed by a 15m break, then another 45/15, and a final set of an hour
You really got me The Kinks 1964
The last time The Rolling Stones 1965
All or nothing The Small Faces 1966
Midnight hour Wilson Pickett 1966
Paperback writer The Beatles 1966
Substitute The Who 1966
Hey Joe Jimi Hendrix 1967
White room Cream 1967
Sunshine of your Love Cream 1967
Jumpin’ Jack Flash The Rolling Stones 1968
Born to be wild Steppenwolf 1968
Proud Mary CCR 1969
Come together The Beatles 1969
Gimme shelter The Rolling Stones 1969
Honky tonk women The Rolling Stones 1969
Pinball Wizard The Who 1969
I heard it thru the grapevine CCR 1970
Alright now Free 1970
Black night Deep Purple 1970
No matter what Badfinger 1970
The Stealer Free 1970
Wild Horses The Rolling Stones 1971
Black dog Led Zeppelin 1971
Stairway to Heaven Led Zeppelin 1971
Get it On T. Rex 1971
Gudbye t’Jane Slade 1972
Black magic woman Santana/F Mac 1972
Wishing well Free 1972
Ziggy Stardust David Bowie 1972
Hot city symphony (Vambo) SAHB 1973
The Joker Steve Miller Band 1973
20th century boy T.Rex 1973
Smoke on the water Deep Purple 1973
The faith healer SAHB 1973
Whisky in the jar Thin Lizzy 1973
Now I’m here Queen 1974
Rebel rebel avid Bowie 1974
Sweet home Alabama Lynnrd Skynnrd 1974
Lyin’ eyes The Eagles 1975
Maid in heaven Be Bop Deluxe 1975
Once bitten twice shy Ian Hunter 1975
Tie your Mother down Queen 1976
Don’t believe a word Thin Lizzy 1976
The Chain Fleetwood Mac 1977
American Girl Tom Petty 1977
Whole lotta Rosie AC/DC 1977
Rock and roll damnation AC/DC 1978
Best friend’s girl The Cars 1978
Ever fallen in love Buzzcocks 1978
Just what I needed The Cars 1978