The Groovy Cats
We’re The Groovy Cats - a professional party band that will make your event special. Since 2013, we’ve been playing around the UK & Europe - at weddings, parties, functions and even ski resorts.
As a group of pro musicians, we care about two things: making your event a night to remember & filling your dance floor all night.
Our influences are really varied - we love to play funk influenced songs from Prince and James Brown and then get everyone singing with a classic. We've got a huge repertoire, which means we can tailor our set list to the event, making sure everyone has a great night.
Check out our video below, and give us a shout!
Antonia Hall• Dec. 1, 2018
I contacted the Groovy Cats as we were interested in the band performing at our work's Christmas party. Once we were put in contact with the band, they were very responsive and more than willing to help with the 100's of questions I kept throwing in their direction. Although I did not attend the party, The Groovy Cats got numerous mentions and an outstanding amount of praise. We sent out an internal survey to get some feedback on the event and the music/band appeared countless times with many comments requesting The Groovy Cats for our next party. You really delivered beyond our expectations and I cannot thank you enough. Antonia
Amy• Dec. 1, 2018
We booked the Groovy Cats for our Christmas Party and they were fantastic! We have had endless feedback from the team members to say how great they were and how much they enjoyed the range of music! Would definitely recommend :)
Tom Ingall - BBC Look North• Nov. 16, 2018
"What can I say? You did Pudsey proud. You‘re a lovely bunch of chaps who transformed our BBC outside broadcast and really brought the party to life. Thank you again for your commitment and sense of fun. And you looked damn cool while doing it.
Thank you, if I ever get married again I am booking you. (Just don’t tell my wife, it’s not like I am using her Facebook log in or anything.)"
Tessa Bacon• Nov. 17, 2018
I would just like to thank you all for a great performance at our Ball at the weekend. We all really enjoyed it.
Jess• Oct. 6, 2018
Absolutely flipping amazing band! Honestly, the band made a fabulous evening truely spectacular! I couldn’t rave about them more and neither could the guests. We would have another party just to have them play again. Thank you Oliver and the band! You guys are professional, read the crowd 100% and were simply fabulous xxx
Karin Calladine• Sept. 14, 2018
“Had these guys at my sisters wedding 8th September. Well worth it, not only lovely guys but great voices and sounds. You won’t be disappointed.”
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A professional party band - pop, funk, soul, rock covers.
- What are the highlights of your career?We've played weddings and functions around the UK - supported Peter Andre at an RAF function - played on Kings Day in Amsterdam - & played for 2 months in an Austrian ski resort.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have a huge repertoire & can add trumpet and keys to make the sound even bigger!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, functions, private parties
- Who are your previous clients?BBC, BBC Look North, Children In Need, RAF Marham, RAF Conningsby, CK Group, Schmitten - Cabrio, Bike Tours For The Wounded, Twisted Irons Customs, Ashgate Hospice, Sparkle Walk, Derbyshire Police
- How can event planners pay for your services?Preferably by BACs Transfer - but we also accept cash & cheque.
- How long do you play for?Normally 2 x 45 minute sets but we are flexible.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we have a full professional PA and lighting system.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?10ft (wide) by 6ft (deep)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes. If you give us plenty of notice, we'll try and learn it for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We normally take a 15 to 20 minute break in between sets. This is flexible if it doesn't fit into your evening.
We create a bespoke setlist for every event. If you want a specific song for your event, please give us plenty of notice.
The Beatles - Hey Jude
The Beatles - Let It Be
Breakfast At Tiffanys
Prince - Kiss
Kool & The Gang - Celebration
Lionel Richie - Easy Like Sunday Morning
The Proclaimers - 1000 Miles
Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
Ed Sheeran - Perfect
Chris Stapleton - Tennessee Whiskey
Etta James - I’d Rather Go Blind
Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey
Prince - Purple Rain
>>>>>2000s - PRESENT<<<<<
Justin Bieber - Sorry
Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
Cake By The Ocean
Pharrell Williams - Happy
Jessie J - Price Tag
Cee Lo Green - Forget You
Gnarls Barkly - Crazy
Macy Gray - I Try
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
Jason Mraz - I’m Yours
Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar
Charlie Puth - Attention
Ed Sheeran - Sing
George Ezra - Blame It On Me
George Ezra - Budapest
George Ezra - Shotgun
Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One
The Weeknd - I Can't Feel My Face
The Killers - Mr Brightside
The Coral - Dreaming Of You
Oasis - Don’t Look Back In Anger
Oasis - Wonderwall
Arctic Monkeys - I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor
Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire
Amy Winehouse/The Zutons - Valerie
Human League - Don’t You Want Me
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
David Bowie - Let’s Dance
The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
Eurythmics - Repect
Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada)
George Michaels - Faith
Journey - Don't Stop Believing
Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
The Beatles - Let It Be
The Beatles - Hey Jude
Ben E. King - Stand By Me
Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Tom Jones - Delilah
Bill Withers - Ain’t No Sunshine
Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely
Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered
James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces
Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher
Otis Redding - Sitting On The Dock
Sam Cooke - Wonderful World
Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home
The Aristocats - Everybody Wants To Be A Cat
The Jungle Book - I Wanna Be Like You
The Jungle Book - Bare Necessities
Robert Parker - Barefootin’
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Queen - Don’t Stop Me Now
The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running
Peter Frampton - Baby I Love Your Way
Madness - One Step Beyond
Madness - Our House
The Specials - Message To You Rudy
Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
Bob Marley - Waiting In Vain
Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl
Robbie Williams - Angels