Theblackmarcs are a fantastic duo based in the North East of England but available to perform all over the country. They offer a wide variety of music ranging from the 50s right up to the latest chart releases. This includes hits from some of your favourite artists such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder, Elvis Presley, U2, The Killers, The Stereophonics, Kodaline, Marvin Gaye, The Lumineers and many more. They provide a live band sound within a compact area.
Bryony Yates• Aug. 10, 2019
Thank you so much to the The blackmarcs for helping make our wedding day so special. They were so amazing, so polite and two of the nicest people we've ever met. In the build up to the wedding they were so great and easy to contact, really easy to work with and didn't mind all our questions or random music choices. The were even better live than we could have imagined and really got the crowd going.
Personally, the best part was that they learnt our first dance song (Hooked on a Feeling) and in our opinion sang it better than the original! To have a band happily learn a song for you is so special and we can't thank you both enough.
Thank you so much for helping give us our dream wedding and lots of crazy dancing memories that will last a lifetime.
Jordan Lee• March 16, 2019
Theblackmarcs were absolutely fantastic at our wedding (16.03.2019). They were in touch with us at all the key points in the run up to the big day to find out our timings, requests and first dance song. On the night we couldn't have asked for a better band. The music was brilliant. Our guests loved them and they kept the party going til well past midnight. They had people who we never thought we'd see on a dancefloor up dancing the night away! Thanks so much
Jessica Lyth• Dec. 14, 2018
"Brilliant duo who was enjoyed thoroughly by everyone. Set up quickly and played music in between sets. Songs sang were varied and loved by all ages.
Theresa Powell• Oct. 27, 2018
Top marks for a great band. Lovely people to deal with up to the event. Great music for the evening. Everyone really enjoyed themselves with plenty of guests on the dance floor. Many thanks for helping us have such a wonderful day. Theresa and Dave xx
carol Donnelly• Oct. 6, 2018
The blackmarcs were absolutely amazing,,from start to finish,,they were 2 lovely lads who kept our wedding party of all ages entertained ,,but most of all they kept the dance floor full,,I would definitely recommend them.
Trevor Woodward• Aug. 18, 2018
Mark Stevenson performed on his own under 'stevensoncovers' Mark was enjoyed by all and was very willing to accommodate everyone.
Services From Theblackmarcs
Acoustic Sets for Wedding Breakfasts & Ceremonies 2 x 45 Minutes
Evening Reception - 2 Piece Band, Male Vocals, Guitar & Keyboard - 2 x 45 Minutes
Stevenson Covers - Solo Option - 2 x 45 Minutes
Full Day Including Ceremony & Wedding Breakfast Sets - 3 Hours
NE Covers - Solo Option - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A duo available to hire for private and public events with a live band sound that takes up less space and can be accompanied by a dj service.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have performed at many private and public events across the country, such as Barnard Castle School, Lumley Castle, Chevin Country hotel and Spa, and many more. Highlights of our career as a duo are predominantly at private events where the clients have appreciated our work and leave us fantastic feedback.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A live band sound taking up less space than a full band with the ability to control the volume of our performance more efficiently than a full band set up with drums etc... We also provide a dj service alongside our live performance making it easier for clients when hiring entertainment for their weddings and other private events.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, ceremonies, corporate events, private parties and pubs and clubs.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer or cash at the event.
- How long do you play for?Usually two 45 minute sets with the optional dj set in between however, we can cater timings to the event and play longer, or more sets, etc...
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Own PA and lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?All PAT tested equipment and PLI...we are members of the Musicians Union.
- How much space do you require?We have managed to fit into a space no more than 5 x 4 feet but we do prefer to have more space if it is possible.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We always try to learn as many requests as we can leading up to an event, but it obviously depends on time until the event. As a guide we will learn around four specific requests for a wedding or other event, such as your first dance.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We don't really specify our breaks in between playing, but would prefer at least 10 to 15 minutes in between live sets.
The duo are the perfect choice for weddings, corporate events, hotel bookings or any other event you wish to make memorable with the addition of the option of providing a dj set as part of their service. For weddings in particular, they can provide the music to accompany ceremonies, breakfasts as well as evening reception and dj sets in between.
Dreaming of you – The Coral
Counting stars - Vance Joy
Take me to the river - Al Green
Shape of you - Ed Sheeran
Don’t you forget about me – Simple Minds
Dance with me tonight – Olly Murs
Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
Riptide – Vance Joy
Hold Back The River - James Bay
Maggie May – Rod Stewart
Under My Thumb – The Rolling Stones
Satisfaction - The Rolling stones
Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon
You Got It - Roy Orbison
Gold On The Ceiling – The Black Keys
If I Had A Gun... – High Flying Birds
Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson
Thousand years – Christina Perri
Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
Blame It On Me – George Ezra
I'm Not The Only One – Sam Smith
Dakota - Dakota
I Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles
Burning love - Elvis
London's calling- The Clash
Mr. Brightside – The Killer's
Human – The Killers
Demons - Imagine Dragons
Get lucky – Daft Punk
Take It Easy – The Eagles
The Letter – The box tops
Ho Hey – The Lumineers
Hush – Deep Purple
Pompeii - Bastille
Forever Young – Bob Dylan
Bad moon rising – Creedance Clearwater Revival
Uptight (Everything's Alright) – Stevie Wonder
One day like this - Elbow
All I Want Is You – U2
Song for Someone - U2