Theblackmarcs are a fantastic duo based in the North East of England but available to perform all over the country. They offer a wide variety of music ranging from the 50s right up to the latest chart releases. This includes hits from some of your favourite artists such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder, Elvis Presley, U2, The Killers, The Stereophonics, Kodaline, Marvin Gaye, The Lumineers and many more. They provide a live band sound within a compact area.
Freda Lodge• 24 Apr 2017
The Blackmarcs were absolutely brilliant, arrived and set up with no fuss. Performed a selection of music that was 'just right' for my guests both young and old - everyone was dancing! They were polite and very professional and lots of guests said how good they were and took away their business cards. Would definitely book them again - real good singers.
Clare Surtees• 19 Feb 2017
Fantastic guys, both their own music and covers were brilliant. Very professional but also very friendly. Everyone at my party was super impressed.
Jordan Lee• 16 Mar 2019
Theblackmarcs were absolutely fantastic at our wedding (16.03.2019). They were in touch with us at all the key points in the run up to the big day to find out our timings, requests and first dance song. On the night we couldn't have asked for a better band. The music was brilliant. Our guests loved them and they kept the party going til well past midnight. They had people who we never thought we'd see on a dancefloor up dancing the night away! Thanks so much
Paige Oliver• 7 Dec 2018
carol Donnelly• 6 Oct 2018
The blackmarcs were absolutely amazing,,from start to finish,,they were 2 lovely lads who kept our wedding party of all ages entertained ,,but most of all they kept the dance floor full,,I would definitely recommend them.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We don't really specify our breaks in between playing, but would prefer at least 10 to 15 minutes in between live sets.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We always try to learn as many requests as we can leading up to an event, but it obviously depends on time until the event. As a guide we will learn around four specific requests for a wedding or other event, such as your first dance.
- How much space do you require?We have managed to fit into a space no more than 5 x 4 feet but we do prefer to have more space if it is possible.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?All PAT tested equipment and PLI...we are members of the Musicians Union.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Own PA and lighting.
- How long do you play for?Usually two 45 minute sets with the optional dj set in between however, we can cater timings to the event and play longer, or more sets, etc...
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer or cash at the event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, ceremonies, corporate events, private parties and pubs and clubs.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A live band sound taking up less space than a full band with the ability to control the volume of our performance more efficiently than a full band set up with drums etc... We also provide a dj service alongside our live performance making it easier for clients when hiring entertainment for their weddings and other private events.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have performed at many private and public events across the country, such as Barnard Castle School, Lumley Castle, Chevin Country hotel and Spa, and many more. Highlights of our career as a duo are predominantly at private events where the clients have appreciated our work and leave us fantastic feedback.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A duo available to hire for private and public events with a live band sound that takes up less space and can be accompanied by a dj service.
The duo are the perfect choice for weddings, corporate events, hotel bookings or any other event you wish to make memorable with the addition of the option of providing a dj set as part of their servi...