The Surrey Pianist
With some 20 years professional experience playing piano at events and functions, Jonathan can offer a range of music to create an ideal ambience at events.
Engagements have included birthday parties, anniversaries, weddings, corporate functions and Christmas celebrations.
He has played piano at numerous venues including The Savoy, Claridge's, The Ivy Restaurant, Buckingham Palace, Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Hanbury Manor and Hever Castle.
Jonathan's repertoire ranges from jazz and show classics and The Great American Songbook right through to modern pop, film music and including classical.
Requests can be catered for and songs learnt specifically for an occasion.
A top quality digital piano is provided if needed for any booking.
Vicky Hallam• 18 May 2018
Absolutely amazing we can’t thank you enough - my guests couldn’t praise you any more. You and Louise went beautifully together, nothing was too much your service is more than 5 once again highly recommended thank you !!!
Gareth Miller• 10 Mar 2018
"You were superb! Thank you so much, everyone commented on the music both before, and after the wedding too!
Many thanks again and we will be sure to recommend you!
All the best
Alex Melkonian• 7 Apr 2018
Chloe and I want to thank you for your playing today. Several of our guests specifically commented to us that they enjoyed the music during the wedding breakfast, and we both agreed it was exactly as we wanted it, so thank you very much!
Dee Hall• 14 Apr 2018
Thank you for playing superb music on Saturday evening which totally complimented the type of dinner event we were having. Everyone was very complimentary about you.
Persad Maharaj• 10 Feb 2018
Jonathan played at our wedding and was absolutely wonderful! He learned 4 songs at our request and really made our day extra special. I'd definitely recommend him if you are looking for a pianist for any kind of event.
- How long do you play for?A typical event would be 3 - 3.5 hours with breaks at appropriate moments. Sometimes I am asked for shorter durations, eg. during a wedding ceremony, and occasionally I have played up to 4.5 hours where the party just wanted my piano music as entertainment.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes - I am a self-contained act and have a Peavey PA and professional Yamaha Digital piano.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, I have Public Liability Insurance through BASCA, the songwriters' association and I can supply a copy of the policy if needed. All my equipment is PAT certified.
- How much space do you require?For the digital piano and speakers 8 x 3 ft should be fine.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I pride myself on catering for each event individually, and am happy to learn up to about 4 pieces if they are not on my list. This would depend on the type of music and notice given as making good arrangements does take some time.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?A standard recommendation for a musician is a 15 minute break after every 45 minutes of playing. As a default I might do this, but sometimes an event works better when my music fits around the agenda, eg. I could play for an hour and then take a break during speeches or announcements.
All Of Me
All The Things You Are
As Time Goes By
The Bare Necessities
Cheek to Cheek
Come Fly With Me
Dream a Little Dream
Fly Me To The Moon