Two parts jazz, a dash of pop, a load of style, a helping of soul, mix in some funky blues, drop in the brass and you get something...unexpected.
Cool, Classy, and Clever: playing jazz, pop, soul, blues and breathing life into classics and standards, The Society Trio/Four is a unique collaboration of musicians who add a innovative sound to some of the world's most loved music. With the sultry vocals of Hannah Taylor, the virtuosic keys of Alix Sheppard, and the blazing trombone of Jason Holcomb they create a hip and exciting vibe wherever they perform.
Victoria Humphries• 29 Sep 2017
"I just wanted to say a huge thank you for the fantastic music last night - everyone commented on the music and how good you all were"
Gary Wallis-Clark• 30 Oct 2017
"You were fabulous! Thank you so so much. A great party!"
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For our standard set up we take one break between the sets for approximately 15 minutes.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If given an appropriate amount of time before the performance we would likely be able to add it into our set. Please bear in mind that we do not perform songs in their original format and adjust them to fit our unique line up and style.
- How much space do you require?we require a minimum of 4 meters by 2 meters.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We do have PLI and our equipment is PAT tested.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We do own PA and lighting.
- How long do you play for?Our standard performance consists of two hour long sets, but can be extended as needed.
- How can event planners pay for your services?cash, direct bank deposit, or paypal.
- Who are your previous clients?Tiger Hornsby Cocktail Lounge - 3 month residency Prohibition Cabaret Bar and Lounge - private and public events Colonel Porter's Rhum Emporium - grand opening/press night and private events
- What kind of events do you usually serve?The Society Four usually perform in jazz clubs and cocktail lounges of the highest standard, but can also be seen performing for private or corporate events as well as concert halls and festivals.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?There is nothing quite like The Society Four. The group is cool, unique, hip, and exceptionally entertaining. From unique mash-ups and arrangements of hit songs to the never-before-seen line up of musicians you'll not find another group of this caliber and style.
- What are the highlights of your career?As a group the highlight has been our creation, bringing together musicians of the highest caliber and getting to create an interesting format to perform in. Each member of the group is a front person and soloist in their own right and the group allows their experience and skill to be featured individually.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Society Four are a post-modern jazz, pop, and soul quartet performing entertaining and unique versions of hit songs.
Walkin' on Sunshine
Should I Stay or Should I go
Want you Back
Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
Take Another Little Piece of my Heart