London's highest spirited,
all swingin' and dancing swing jazz orchestra!
The Silver Ghosts are a 7 piece swing ensemble performing numbers that evoke the hot, breathless and high spirited dance gigs of the 1920s, 30s & 40s.
"their musical craft (not to mention showmanship) is nothing less than a 101% convincing... What a delightful and dazzling night out", 5 stars - Making Music
Why choose us?
The ensemble, whose upbeat performances have previously effected exhilarating 'Boardwalk Empire/Gatsby' style atmospheres at Ronnie Scott's, The Savoy, The 100 Club, and The Royal Albert Hall, offer you the opportunity to put on their upbeat experience at your own event.
The competitively priced lineup can pare down to a 5 piece or scale up to an 9 piece to suit your requirements and budget. It is the 7 piece septet that is the standard killer lineup, raising smiles with an authentic sound and quirky numbers like 'Busy Line', 'You're Driving Me Crazy' and 'Ukulele Lady', as well as st...
S Russell - Torus Insurance Ltd• 22 Dec 2016
Thank you again for performing such a wonderful set for us at The Savoy last night. You were exceptional and I had people telling me all night how impressed they were with you.
L. Cervena - St. Martin-in-the-Fields• 18 Jul 2018
The Silver Ghosts superb performances pack the place out every time they perform here at St Martin in-the-Fields. We love the wonderful 1920s 30s 40s atmosphere they evoke, and anyone lucky enough to book them would be certain of a high spirited swinging good time!
Terry McParlane• 24 Mar 2017
I booked the Silver Ghosts for my 40th birthday party, and they were brilliant. All communication prior to the event was handled efficiently, and the band leader Mark was helpful with accommodating all requests. On the night, the band arrived with plenty of time to set up. And then the two sets they played were absolutely fantastic - all guests commented on how much they enjoyed the music. A massive thank you to Mark and all the band for making it a great evening.
Charlotte Leigh• 30 May 2019
Amazing performances, incredibly professional and clearly know their music genre! Punctual, friendly and genuinely sound fantastic - would highly recommend.
Emily Hewes• 15 Sep 2018
The Silver Ghosts were professional and friendly and the sets they played were really great, the crowd really liked them. They were quite adaptable and worked well with the swing dancers we employed to do performances and lessons.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A Swing & Syncopation Orchestra Evoking Dance Gigs Of The 1920s 30s & 40s
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at The Royal Albert Hall. Performing for The Crown Estate at Regent Street Festival. Performing for Laurier Perrier champagne at Wilderness festival.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our act delivers an authentic immersive experience of the live performances period. 1. specialise in numbers that evoke the hot, breathless and high spirited dance gigs of the 1920s, 30s & 40s. 2. dress in smart/glamorous/period attire 3. Some members can swing dance and may do so if there is space 4. Options for swing dance class / swing dancers to dance during the sets, / cabaret dancers for between the sets.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings (1920s themed or unthemed). Birthday party. Gatsby theme party. Corporate event (1920s theme / Gatsby theme / unthemed) . Christmas parties.
- Who are your previous clients?include: - The Crown Estate - Laurent Perrier Champagne - Rolex - Torus Insurance Limited - The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn - Bond Radar on Bloomberg - Harvey Nichols Restaurants
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS details are on invoice
- How long do you play for?1 x 60 min set or 1 / 2 / 3 x 40 min sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. We have PA and equipment for up to 200 people. Larger PA can be sourced if required. We can provide pin spot stage light directed at a table mounted 8" rotating mirrorball is a very simple but effective system that the outfit often employ. The classic ambience is in character with the period performance, and also has a modern dance floor flavour. If requested, it would be provided at no extra cost and may negate the expense of lighting hire elsewhere.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Minumum would be aprox: 1.5 square metres for PA, 1.5 square metres for drums, 1.5 square metres for digital piano and about 1 square metre per performer.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?An arrangement can be written and rehearsed. This is most commonly requested for 1st dance at a wedding. This is normally included in the quote for wedding performances, so there would normally be a discount if you chose a number from our existing repertoire. Otherwise there may be an arrangement fee required.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We perform 1 or 2 or 3 sets. Breaks between sets can be any length you want up to maximum 50 minutes.
Anything Goes · At Last · Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen · Blue Drag · Blue Skies · Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives To Me · Busy Line · Cheek to Cheek · Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend · H...