London's highest spirited,
all swingin' and dancing swing jazz orchestra!
The Silver Ghosts are a 7 piece swing ensemble performing numbers that evoke the hot, breathless and high spirited dance gigs of the 1920s, 30s & 40s.
"their musical craft (not to mention showmanship) is nothing less than a 101% convincing... What a delightful and dazzling night out", 5 stars - Making Music
Why choose us?
The ensemble, whose upbeat performances have previously effected exhilarating 'Boardwalk Empire/Gatsby' style atmospheres at Ronnie Scott's, The Savoy, The 100 Club, and The Royal Albert Hall, offer you the opportunity to put on their upbeat experience at your own event.
The competitively priced lineup can pare down to a 5 piece or scale up to an 9 piece to suit your requirements and budget. It is the 7 piece septet that is the standard killer lineup, raising smiles with an authentic sound and quirky numbers like 'Busy Line', 'You're Driving Me Crazy' and 'Ukulele Lady', as well as standard favourites.
The performers are always presented in smart/glamorous atire, an important part of the performance's jazz age evocation.
There's nothing like period partner dancing to really bring the music alive, and some of The jazz age revivalists often swing out as part of their performance with Charleston and Lindy Hop swing dancing.
The ensemble are professionally covered with Public Liability insurance.
Septet line up:
Trumpet, Trombone, Clarinet,
Double bass, Banjo', Drums,
"Thank you again for performing such a wonderful set for us at The Savoy last night. You were exceptional and I had people telling me all night how impressed they were with you."
S Russell - Torus Insurance Ltd.
Additional services, also possible to provide:
- Cabaret dance troupe; glamorous dancers performing choreographed period routines (Charleston/tap dance etc) between our sets.
- Swing dancers to dance during our sets, from just a couple to a crowd and/or swing dance flashmobs
- Swing dance teacher for an 'ice breaker' dance class.
- 'Vintage DJs', obsessive collectors of original antique swing dance 78s played on period equipment modified for modern speakers.
Just ask for details!
"I wanted to say that the band and [dance teacher] Rosaria were absolutely brilliant. WeÃ¢ÂÂve never had so many people dance at this event before."
F Appleton - The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn
If you are looking for the right wedding band for your reception, or high spirited swing for your 1920s/1930s speakeasy themed Great Gatsby bash, or whatever event you are planning, then look no further than The Silver Ghosts for a touch of class, and swingin' good times.
Any questions, just ask!
- A couple of power sockets near the performance area.
- Changing room/Green room
The Crown Estate
Torus Insurance Limited
The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn
Harvey Nichols Restaurants
Bond Radar on Bloomberg
Laurent Perrier Champagne
VARIOUS PUBLIC VENUES:
The 100 Club
The Royal Albert Hall Restaurant
Ronnie Scott's bar
Approx. 30 - 60 mins to setup.
Normally start arriving at least 1 hour in advance to start setup.
Example performance times:
1 x 40 minute set
2 x 40 minute sets
3 x 40 minute sets
1 x 60 minute set
Also early eve background sets options available
Emily Hewes• Sept. 15, 2018
The Silver Ghosts were professional and friendly and the sets they played were really great, the crowd really liked them. They were quite adaptable and worked well with the swing dancers we employed to do performances and lessons.
Ben and Charlie - Wedding grooms• Aug. 13, 2016
I wanted to thank you and all of The Silver Ghosts for the absolutely amazing performances you gave at our wedding on Saturday. Everyone was particularly complimentary for the music you played before and during the service. We can't think of a better way to have walked down the aisle and Bei mir Bist was particularly beautiful.
Jo - Wedding bride• June 18, 2016
Your band helped the evening start with a bang!. Great music, incredible female singing voice, many of our guests commented on how brilliant the band were, and just what we needed in keeping with the theme of the day.
J. Bruce - Wedding planner• June 24, 2017
What a fantastic evening we had, the band were magnificent and contributed enormously to the fun ambience of the evening.
Laura - Acappella Group Holdings Ltd.• Nov. 29, 2017
I want to thank you all for the brilliant show you have done. So many people loved you and they have appreciated your passion and talent. I really hope to work with you in future. Please extend my congratulation to all the rest of the band.
F Appleton - The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn• June 3, 2017
I wanted to say that the band and [dance teacher] Rosario were absolutely brilliant. We’ve never had so many people dance at this event before.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A Swing & Syncopation Orchestra Evoking Dance Gigs Of The 1920s 30s & 40s
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at The Royal Albert Hall. Performing for The Crown Estate at Regent Street Festival. Performing for Laurier Perrier champagne at Wilderness festival.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our act delivers an authentic immersive experience of the live performances period. 1. specialise in numbers that evoke the hot, breathless and high spirited dance gigs of the 1920s, 30s & 40s. 2. dress in smart/glamorous/period attire 3. Some members can swing dance and may do so if there is space 4. Options for swing dance class / swing dancers to dance during the sets, / cabaret dancers for between the sets.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings (1920s themed or unthemed). Birthday party. Gatsby theme party. Corporate event (1920s theme / Gatsby theme / unthemed) . Christmas parties.
- Who are your previous clients?include: - The Crown Estate - Laurent Perrier Champagne - Rolex - Torus Insurance Limited - The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn - Bond Radar on Bloomberg - Harvey Nichols Restaurants
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS details are on invoice
- How long do you play for?1 x 60 min set or 1 / 2 / 3 x 40 min sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. We have PA and equipment for up to 200 people. Larger PA can be sourced if required. We can provide pin spot stage light directed at a table mounted 8" rotating mirrorball is a very simple but effective system that the outfit often employ. The classic ambience is in character with the period performance, and also has a modern dance floor flavour. If requested, it would be provided at no extra cost and may negate the expense of lighting hire elsewhere.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Minumum would be aprox: 1.5 square metres for PA, 1.5 square metres for drums, 1.5 square metres for digital piano and about 1 square metre per performer.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?An arrangement can be written and rehearsed. This is most commonly requested for 1st dance at a wedding. This is normally included in the quote for wedding performances, so there would normally be a discount if you chose a number from our existing repertoire. Otherwise there may be an arrangement fee required.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We perform 1 or 2 or 3 sets. Breaks between sets can be any length you want up to maximum 50 minutes.
Anything Goes · At Last · Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen · Blue Drag · Blue Skies · Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives To Me · Busy Line · Cheek to Cheek · Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend · Home in Pasadena · I Cant Give You Anything but Love · I Double Dare You · Its a Sin to Tell a Lie · Ive Heard That Song Before · Jack I'm Mellow · Joshua fit the Battle of Jericho · King of the Swingers · Man From Mars · My Baby Just Cares for Me · My Woman · Pensylvania 65000 · Puttin' on the Ritz · Sheik of Araby · Softly, As a Morning Sunrise · Swing Brother Swing · Sweet Georgia Brown · Take The A Train · The Continental · Tonight You Belong to Me · Too Many Tears · Ukulele Lady · You Do Something to Me · You're Driving Me Crazy
Zat You Santa Clause? · Christmas Night in Harlem · I Told Santa Clause to Bring Me You