The Sensations is a group of extremely talented musicians bringing the best pop, funk and soul party music to stages and dance floors up and down the UK. The band is fronted by Gemma and Sean, our seasoned performing vocalists who have experience running through their dancing tippy toes to the top of their gorgeous and handsome heads. Gemma’s vocal tones are reminiscent of pop icons like Katy Perry, while Sean is a chameleon and can hit the highs of Price, the rocky grit of The Kings Of Leon, and the pop tones of Bruno Mars. Gemma and Sean’s vocal expertise and incredibly professional and friendly personalities will win you and all of your guests round from the first song. The Sensations comes as a 7-piece band, their lineup is one male and one female lead vocals, keys, guitar, bass, drums / backing vocals, and sax. The band can also add more band members should you be looking for some more brass or more vocalists, likewise we can swap keys or sax for brass or a third vocalist if you’d...
Jennifer Hart• 1 Apr 2017
Thank you so much for Saturday the band were absolutely amazing and everything we wanted the dance floor was not close to being empty all night. The first dance song was amazing and the DJ after.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Sensations are part of London's finest collective of wedding & party bands.
- What are the highlights of your career?Gemma, who studied Musical Theatre, has toured the world on the high-class P&O cruise liners and been an integral part of show teams across the UK and abroad, and Sean, who has opened for acts such as Third Eye Blind, Sugar Ray and Kenny Wayne, is supported by Jordy (on guitar), Ewan (on bass), Pete (on keys), Mason (on sax) and Rob (on drums and backing vocals). Collectively they have all studied at some of the most prestigious musical educational facilities in the UK and around the world, including the British Institute of Modern Music, Italia Conti, Leeds University, Middlesex University and Plymouth University; have played with the likes of Emeli Sande, Ellie Goulding, Little Mix, Edge Michael (Peter Tosh’s nephew), Gary ‘Mudbone’ Cooper (of Parliament Funkadelic), Coree Richards (Damage), Raphael Ravenscroft, Billie Ray Martin, and numerous finalists of The Voice; have performed at EFG Jazz Festival, Newquay Beach Break Festival, SXSW Festival, and Notting Hill Carnival; toured the UK, Europe, Asia, Australasia, the Caribbean, Brazil and USA; and have played at the renowned 100 Club, Ronnie Scott’s, O2 Islington, and Shepherds Bush Empire. I think you’ll agree that they've more than earned their stripes.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We offer a full event planning service as part of the package and can provide a DJ, photographer, light up letters, photo booth, stage and dance floor to make your event stellar!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Award Ceremonies, Birthday Parties, Corporate Events, Staff Parties, Christmas Parties, Halloween Parties, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, and Christening Parties
- Who are your previous clients?Le Meridien Superdrug Ltd Blenheim Palace The Oyster Shed Wotton House Audleys Wood Hotel Under The Bridge Godfield Hall Home House Grittenham Barn Casablanca Jazz Club Brick Brewery The Wedding Fair The Landmark The Savoy St Barts Brewery Laura Ashley Manor Adwell House Stroke Association The Manor Barn Broyle Place Jazz Café Ronnie Scott’s 100 Club The Ritz The Dorchester London Marriott Hotel Wandsworth Civic Suite Bibo Restaurant The Sheraton Grand The Ritz London The Waldorf Hilton The Landmark Under The Bridge The Jazz Café The Hillingdon Union Bar Chelsea Psychic Garden The Lion House Old Hall Ely Farnham Heights Richmond Golf Club Hinwick House The Kennels the Oak Tree Eastington Park The Night Yard Highland Court Farm Arch 406 Busbridge Lakes Squerryes Frensham Heights School 170 Queen’s Gate Roast Grand Sapphire Chak 89 Thames Rowing Club Greenpeace UK Eight Moorgate Members Club Bank Of England Sports Club Star & Garter db San Antonio Hotel and Spa Seabank Hotel and Spa The Old Hall Ely
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS, cheque or cash
- How long do you play for?3 x 40 minutes / 2 x 60 minutes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We provide a lighting rig suitable for up to 200 people with 4 x uplights and an LED mirror ball.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes
- How much space do you require?10 piece - 5x2m 9 piece - 5x2m 8 piece - 4x2m 7 piece - 4x2m 6 piece - 2x3m 5 piece - 2x3m 4 piece - 2x2m 3 piece - 3x1m 2 piece - 2x1m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, we offer one 'off the menu' song request
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 - 2 x 15 or 30 mins usually, but we're flexible.
9 To 5 - Dolly Parton
All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor
American Boy - Estelle
Bang Bang - Jessie J ft Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj
Beat It - Michael Jackson
Beggin - Madcon