We are a funky, London-based band which mixes traditional Scottish music and more modern grooves, appealing to audiences of all ages and ability.
Amy I• 16 Feb 2019
Both highly entertaining and educational, The Sassenachs made an evening at the Ceilidh Club a great joy to take part in. The energy they created in the room was contagious and I feel like the band and caller were engaging in every aspect of the word. I had a great time and was surrounded by a crowd of smiling people the whole evening so that speaks volumes. Highly recommended!
Claire Clifton Coles• 11 Jan 2019
So much fun! Took a group along who have never been to a Ceilidh and
had an amazing time. The band were great, lots of energy and a brilliant caller with clear instructions and excellent demos. We all cannot wait to go back!
Emma Glasson• 23 Mar 2019
I recently attended a wedding where The Sassenachs were playing. Laurie’s instructions were very clear to ensure we (mainly) knew what we were doing! We all had a wonderful evening. The music and energy was so infectious that guests danced constantly throughout the whole evening.
Sonya Scott• 16 Jun 2018
The band were fantastic. It was my 50th birthday, we had over 100 guests all wanting to dance at the same time. Everyone had an amazing time. Will definitely recommend!
Liam Johnston• 4 Dec 2015
Fantastic band. Manage to blend a modern and traditional sound, and also provide really clear calling for the dances so that absolute beginners can jump right in. Always a fun night with great music.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the ceilidh club in Camden frequently. Such a good group of people!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank payment ideally
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can certainly discuss specific dance requests.
- How much space do you require?We require enough space for the dancers and that depends on the number of guests. Almost all venues are appropriate however.
- How much space do you require?We require enough space for the dancers and that depends on the number of guests. Almost all venues are appropriate however
- Who are your previous clients?All sorts. Wedding couples, corporates, charities etc
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Excellent explanations and demos of every dance, tailored to the exact needs of the guests.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Parties, Charity events, corporate events
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As appropriate for the guests
- How long do you play for?2-2.5hrs
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- What style of music do you offer?Scottish / country dancing
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A wedding or function band
Covers band options
DJ package options
Wedding musician options