We are a funky, London-based band which mixes traditional Scottish music and more modern grooves, appealing to audiences of all ages and ability.
Amy I• Feb. 16, 2019
Both highly entertaining and educational, The Sassenachs made an evening at the Ceilidh Club a great joy to take part in. The energy they created in the room was contagious and I feel like the band and caller were engaging in every aspect of the word. I had a great time and was surrounded by a crowd of smiling people the whole evening so that speaks volumes. Highly recommended!
Christopher Campbell• Jan. 25, 2019
The Sassenachs played a Robert Burns’ Ceilidh this year, and they were fantastic! The caller was brilliant and taught our crowd the dances effortlessly, and the band were so accommodating and patient with our schedule running late. They provided a top class service with a professional sound.
Emma Glasson• March 23, 2019
I recently attended a wedding where The Sassenachs were playing. Laurie’s instructions were very clear to ensure we (mainly) knew what we were doing! We all had a wonderful evening. The music and energy was so infectious that guests danced constantly throughout the whole evening.
Martyn• Nov. 10, 2017
Had an awesome night with the Sassenachs Ceilidh band. The caller made it very simple to understand and the band were amazing. Ceilidhs are an excellent way to get people mixing and having fun - would recommend 100%
Alex & Laura Morton• March 23, 2019
We hired the Sassenachs to play our wedding and they were absolutely tremendous. Laurie is a brilliant Caller and went out of his way to make sure everyone got involved - only about half of our guests had been to a ceilidh before but everyone had a great time. We are very grateful to Laurie for taking great care to ensure our first dance went off to plan and for looking after the playing of our own playlist after the Sassenachs' set had finished. Highly recommended. Alex and Laura Morton
Katharine Reynolds• Sept. 1, 2018
My husband and I cannot recommend The Sassenachs Ceilidh Band more highly. We hired the band for our wedding in September 2018 and prior to the day the band helped us to select our favourite Ceilidh Dances which would fit into the time we had (Laurie was easily contactable for any questions we had). It was a scorching hot summers day so some of the dances were shortened slightly to ensure our guests did not keel over, however, that only added to the fun! Half of our guests knew what they were doing as Scots, however the other half had never been to a Ceilidh before - this did not matter at all as Laurie (the caller of the band) was absolutely fantastic at teaching the dances and talking the guests through the steps as each dance went on. This was definitely the highlight of our wedding and what all our guests remember most from the day - the band sounded and looked fantastic and it kept all of our guests entertained as everyone was up on the dance floor having a great time. Definitely hire The Sassenachs for a wedding to remember!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A wedding or function band
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the ceilidh club in Camden frequently. Such a good group of people!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Excellent explanations and demos of every dance, tailored to the exact needs of the guests.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Parties, Charity events, corporate events
- Who are your previous clients?All sorts. Wedding couples, corporates, charities etc
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank payment ideally
- How long do you play for?2-2.5hrs
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We require enough space for the dancers and that depends on the number of guests. Almost all venues are appropriate however
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can certainly discuss specific dance requests.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As appropriate for the guests
- What style of music do you offer?Scottish / country dancing
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes
Covers band options
DJ package options
Wedding musician options
Wedding ceremony & speech sound options