We are a funky, London-based band which mixes traditional Scottish music and more modern grooves, appealing to audiences of all ages and ability.
Christie• Sept. 7, 2019
What a wonderful band! Fantastic atmosphere, great calling and couldn't have been better organised. Couldn't have been better!
Harry• July 19, 2019
The Sassenachs played at our wedding - they were amazing! Laurie is a top guy who controls the room superbly and caters for all standards. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.
Shona• July 19, 2019
I was lucky enough to see Laurie and his band do a ceilidh for a wedding I organised recently and my goodness was it good. They had everyone up and enjoying themselves, great fun and so lovely and easy to deal with!
Liz Mucha• July 13, 2019
Thank you so much for helping make the evening an absolutely roaring success! Everyone was so complimentary about the band and we, as I’m sure you could tell, loved every minute of it. We will definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a ceilidh band!
Charlotte• July 6, 2019
The Sassenachs were absolutely amazing. Such awesome energy. So much fun. Laurie was immensely supportive throughout our wedding prep and on the day. Could not recommend more highly!
David Grant• May 31, 2019
The band were great at getting everyone dancing and provided excellent instruction on the dances. Tremendous fun.
Services From The Sassenachs Ceilidh Band
2 Piece Ceilidh Band with Caller - 1 Hour
4 Piece Ceilidh Band with Caller - 2.5 hours
Premium 5 Piece Ceilidh Band with Caller - 2 Hours Of Music
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A wedding or function band
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the ceilidh club in Camden frequently. Such a good group of people!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Excellent explanations and demos of every dance, tailored to the exact needs of the guests.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Parties, Charity events, corporate events
- Who are your previous clients?All sorts. Wedding couples, corporates, charities etc
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank payment ideally
- How long do you play for?2-2.5hrs
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We require enough space for the dancers and that depends on the number of guests. Almost all venues are appropriate however
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can certainly discuss specific dance requests.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As appropriate for the guests
- What style of music do you offer?Scottish / country dancing
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes
Covers band options
DJ package options
Wedding musician options
Wedding ceremony & speech sound options