We are a funky, London-based band which mixes traditional Scottish music and more modern grooves, appealing to audiences of all ages and ability.
Amy I• 16 Feb 2019
Both highly entertaining and educational, The Sassenachs made an evening at the Ceilidh Club a great joy to take part in. The energy they created in the room was contagious and I feel like the band and caller were engaging in every aspect of the word. I had a great time and was surrounded by a crowd of smiling people the whole evening so that speaks volumes. Highly recommended!
Claire Clifton Coles• 11 Jan 2019
"So much fun! Took a group along who have never been to a Ceilidh and
had an amazing time. The band were great, lots of energy and a brilliant caller with clear instructions and excellent demos. We all cannot wait to go back!"
Sarah Dorrian• 28 May 2019
This band were just what I was looking for my wedding. Loads of energy, brilliant musicians, and excellent caller. I had beginners and experienced ceilidh goers among my guests and everyone left with a smile on their face and completely knackered out!! Signs of a brilliant ceilidh. If you want a proper party ceilidh band, go with these guys. Laurie made the booking of the band really easy and was happy to discuss any ideas or questions we had. One of the band even stepped up for a last minute re...
Agnes• 10 May 2019
Ceilidh Club, what a great night!!! Perfect Friday night out! Novices will find it so easy thanks to Laurie, the caller who is just brilliant! He had the whole crowd in the palm of his hand to dance in harmony, twirling and having great fun. I have been to many Fest Noz in Brittany but never to a Ceilidh. Very good band too! Will do that again!
David Grant• 31 May 2019
The band were great at getting everyone dancing and provided excellent instruction on the dances. Tremendous fun.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the ceilidh club in Camden frequently. Such a good group of people!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank payment ideally
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can certainly discuss specific dance requests.
- How much space do you require?We require enough space for the dancers and that depends on the number of guests. Almost all venues are appropriate however.
- How much space do you require?We require enough space for the dancers and that depends on the number of guests. Almost all venues are appropriate however
- Who are your previous clients?All sorts. Wedding couples, corporates, charities etc
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Excellent explanations and demos of every dance, tailored to the exact needs of the guests.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Parties, Charity events, corporate events
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As appropriate for the guests
- How long do you play for?2-2.5hrs
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- What style of music do you offer?Scottish / country dancing
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A wedding or function band
Covers band options
DJ package options
Wedding musician options