We are a funky, London-based band which mixes traditional Scottish music and more modern grooves, appealing to audiences of all ages and ability.
Amy I• 16 Feb 2019
Both highly entertaining and educational, The Sassenachs made an evening at the Ceilidh Club a great joy to take part in. The energy they created in the room was contagious and I feel like the band and caller were engaging in every aspect of the word. I had a great time and was surrounded by a crowd of smiling people the whole evening so that speaks volumes. Highly recommended!
Harry• 19 Jul 2019
The Sassenachs played at our wedding - they were amazing! Laurie is a top guy who controls the room superbly and caters for all standards. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.
Liz Mucha• 13 Jul 2019
Thank you so much for helping make the evening an absolutely roaring success! Everyone was so complimentary about the band and we, as I’m sure you could tell, loved every minute of it. We will definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a ceilidh band!
Sarah Dorrian• 28 May 2019
This band were just what I was looking for my wedding. Loads of energy, brilliant musicians, and excellent caller. I had beginners and experienced ceilidh goers among my guests and everyone left with a smile on their face and completely knackered out!! Signs of a brilliant ceilidh. If you want a proper party ceilidh band, go with these guys. Laurie made the booking of the band really easy and was happy to discuss any ideas or questions we had. One of the band even stepped up for a last minute re...
Charlotte• 6 Jul 2019
The Sassenachs were absolutely amazing. Such awesome energy. So much fun. Laurie was immensely supportive throughout our wedding prep and on the day. Could not recommend more highly!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A wedding or function band
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the ceilidh club in Camden frequently. Such a good group of people!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Excellent explanations and demos of every dance, tailored to the exact needs of the guests.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Parties, Charity events, corporate events
- Who are your previous clients?All sorts. Wedding couples, corporates, charities etc
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank payment ideally
- How long do you play for?2-2.5hrs
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We require enough space for the dancers and that depends on the number of guests. Almost all venues are appropriate however
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can certainly discuss specific dance requests.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As appropriate for the guests
- What style of music do you offer?Scottish / country dancing
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes
Covers band options
DJ package options
Wedding musician options