We are The Retrobeats - an experienced four piece live band formed in 2007 playing a wide range of songs from the late 1950s through to the early/mid 1970s with the accent on music to dance to. Re-living the great hits of yesteryear, we feature both male and female lead vocals and we play the hits you remember and some you've forgotten too. Covering artistes from Elvis Presley to The Beatles, Connie Francis to Dusty Springfield, The Drifters to The Turtles and a host of one hit wonders too, we perform a truly varied range of great songs from a golden era of popular music. We can do specific rock n roll or sixties sets if required. We encourage audience participation and regularly get people to join us on stage to sing backing vocals or play along on an inflatable guitar!We are a self contained band with compact high performance equipment, including lighting, if required. We are public liability insured and all our equipment is PAT tested. We endeavour to be as flexible and accommodatin...
Niki & Lee• 20 Oct 2018
Thank you so much for playing for us you were brilliant & you made my mum & dads night. Everyone had a great time thanks again. Niki & Lee. X
andy tatchell• 13 Apr 2019
The music was right for the expected audiance....good mix of 50/60/70. Well recieved by all who attended.
Valerie Myers• 30 Mar 2019
"Everyone had a brilliant evening lots of comments from guests really enjoyed ""The Retrobeats"". Very glad I chose them. Would definitely book them again. Thank you so much."
Brenda• 13 Jan 2018
I was so pleased that your group went down so well. Many thanks for making it a special night. You were absolutely tremendous. I cannot thank you enough. Good luck to you in future. I shall always speak highly of your group. Yours Brenda (Beaches Hotel, Prestatyn)
Catherine• 27 Jan 2018
I just want to say a massive thank you for performing at my mum's surprise 70th Birthday at The Beaches Hotel in Prestatyn on the 3rd Feb. You were fantastic and you put on such a brilliant performance. You had everybody up dancing from the moment you started playing until the very end. You really made the night special, playing some of my mum's favourite hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s. If we have anymore family parties I will be booking The Retrobeats straight away again to perform, as everybod...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:4 piece band playing oldies from the 50s to 80s at private functions, festivals, social clubs and corporate events
- What are the highlights of your career?Beside a national TV appearance and many local radio appearances, we have performed at many functions and events and whilst we wouldn't want to single any out, having a satisfied and happy client is always the goal and most rewarding part.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Male & female vocalists, wide range of music, don't play the obvious covers, encourage audience participation
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private functions, weddings, parties, festivals, social clubs
- Who are your previous clients?Many private parties & weddings, social clubs etc. Venues include Goodison Park, Knowsley Hall, Connahs Quay Civic Hall, various hotels and social clubs
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or bank transfer
- How long do you play for?Usually up to 2 hours but our repertoire is extensive
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?At least 6m x 3m if possible but we can manage with less if we breath in :D
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are happy to learn requested songs with enough notice
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We will work whatever timings are required. A 15 minute breather after an hour would be appreciated :)
All my loving - Beatles
All shook up - Elvis Presley
Baby what do you want me to do - Elvis Presley
Bad Moon Rising - Creedance Clearwater Revivial
Beautiful Sunday - Daniel Boone
Blue moon of Ke...