The Red Hot Rags offer a sophisticated selection of Swing; Jazz and Pop numbers to entertain your guests and create the perfect atmosphere throughout your event!
From wedding receptions to corporate dinners The Red Hot Rags are the best choice for moments requiring impeccable and elegant music.
With years of experience behind them, this group of adaptable, fun-loving musicians deliveres the popular songs of the 1920/40s by the likes of Cole Porter, George Gershwin, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday to name a few together with modern-day chart-toppers such as “All About The Bass”, “Valerie” and more.
Adapting seamlessly from 'Background Music’ to ‘Music for Dancing’ RHR are the best choice for weddings, private parties and corporate events.
Just drop them a line and Jess, vocalist and manager of the band, will be happy to tailor the perfect set for you!
Peter Richards• 27 Apr 2019
Jess and the band were fantastic. The music was exactly what we were looking for and really made the party. Lots of great feedback from all our guests. Jess was also very responsive and flexible in designing the right tone and set lists to match what we were looking for. I'd recommend highly.
Alison Parry• 6 Apr 2019
Jess and the band were amazing, the perfect group for my party. They played two sets of vintage classics which fit the 40s theme perfectly. My children and I loved dancing to their sets and the older guests had just a much fun listening while sitting down.
Luke Gregory• 3 Mar 2019
I can't speak highly enough of this band, they are professional, talented & sound amazing. Before the wedding Jess worked very hard with the venue to ensure we could have the best possible line up for our reception and set up a surprise happy birthday for the mother of the bride with no problems. Thank you for helping to make our special day fun & memorable. Luke & Noriko
Alex Riches• 27 May 2019
Jess, thank you so much for yesterday. You have a stunning voice, beautiful musicality and the band were fantastic. Everyone really enjoyed it (although no one more than me!) Please pass my sincere thanks onto the band. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help your business (recommendations etc). Thanks, Alex xx
Johnny Whitton (The Dukes Head, Billericay)• 26 Oct 2018
Good afternoon, I was just wanted to drop you an email to tell what a pleasure it was to have you and the band here on Friday, I’ve had nothing but positive feedback from the team and the guests, from much a step in right direction in regards to music and theme nights at the Dukes. You guys were wonderful :) Thank you again and we look forward to having you back again in December. All the best Johnny xx
- How long before do you arrive at the venue to set up?We usually arrive between 1 hour and 45 mins to the venue in order to set up. In early setup can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:London Based Jazz & Swing Band inspired by the Golden Age of jazz, performing a wide selection of Jazz; Swing; Latin numbers; Italian and French songs and more.
- Who are your previous clients?St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel (London) Sheraton Grand London Park Lane (London) The Bloomsbury Club - Soho (London) Gordon Ramsey Restaurant - Chelsea, (London) Primobar - Westminster, (London) The Courtyard Theather (London) HMS Belfast (London) Hoxley & Porter - Islington, (London) Top 1 Forever Restaurant - ExCel Marina, London London Science Museum (London) The Peasant Clerkenwell (London) Chealsea Football Club - (London) London Cat Village - Shoreditch, (London) Beagle Restaurant - Hoxton (London) Le Plateau - Canary Warf (London) Royal College of Physicians - Westminster (London) The Bitter Sling - Mayfair (London) The Blind Bee - Bank, (London) Peyote Restaurant - Mayfair (London) The M Restaurant - Bank (London) Barbican (London) The Hospital Club - Covent Garden (London) Trafalgar Tavern - Greenwhich (London) BuenosAires Cafè - Greenwich (London) PizzaExpress (London) Cafe Rouge - Maidstone Scrumptious Tearooms - Great Dunmow, Essex The Pheasant - Buckland, Surrey Pendley Manor - Tring, Hertfordshire Yew Lodge - East Grinstead, Surrey Volti Noti Italian Restaurant - Romford, (London) The Anchor - (London) 170 Queen's Gate - South Kensington, (London) Horse & Groom - (London) The Red Lion - Redhill N°64 at the Joiners - West Malling Royal British Legion - Virginia Water Kettering Park Hotel & Spa - Kettering Hotel Romazzino 5* - Porto Cervo, Italy Hotel Cervo 5* - Porto Cervo, Italy Hotel Pitrizza 5* - Porto Cervo, Italy Hotel Cala di Volpe 5* - Porto Cervo, Italy Sorsi & Morsi Italian Restaurant - East Dulwich, London The Jazz Department - Stoke Newington, London The George Tavern - Shoreditch, London Rattlesnake - Angel, London Alleycat - Tottenham Court Road, London Sun in the Sands - Blackheat, London The George Tavern - Shoreditch, London InSpiral - Camden, London Veranda - Brixton, London Vinyl - Camden, London Cafè Crema - New Cross, London Spice of Life - Soho, London and many more :)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually need a break after every 45 or 60 minutes of set. Breaks usually last between 15 to 30 minutes. If you will require a longer break an additional fee may apply. Please enquiry for more details :)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you do not find your favourite song on our list, we will be happy to learn it for you, providing that it suits the vocal range of our vocalist, the style of the band, and that we have given enough notice.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We are covered with Public Liability Insurance up to the value of £10,000,000 through Musicians' Union. PA equipment is fully PAT tested and we can provide PLI certificate and PAT test report if required.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA system, fully PAT Tested.
- How long do you play for?Our most requested format is 2 x 45 mins sets. We can also perform for: 1 x 60 mins set 3 x 30 mins sets 3 x 45 mins sets.
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACs is the preferred method of payment, however also cash and cheques are accepted
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Theaters, Clubs, Jazz Venues and also private events such as Wedding; Galas; Corporate Events and Parties
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are availble in different line-ups to fit every venue, event and budget. We also have a vast repertoire.
- What are the highlights of your career?Italian Tour Februrary 2019 :)
After You've Gone - Layton & Creamer
Ain’t Misbehavin’ - Fats Waller
Blue Skies - Irving Berlin
Bye Bye Blackbird - Julie London
But Not for Me - George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin.
Embraceable You - G...