The Red Hot Rags - Energetic Swing & Vintage Jazz Band
The Red Hot Rags offer a sophisticated selection of Swing; Jazz and Pop numbers to entertain your guests and create the perfect atmosphere throughout your event!
From wedding receptions to corporate dinners The Red Hot Rags are the best choice for moments requiring impeccable and elegant music.
With years of experience behind them, this group of adaptable, fun-loving musicians deliveres the popular songs of the 1920/40s by the likes of Cole Porter, George Gershwin, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday to name a few together with modern-day chart-toppers such as “All About The Bass”, “Valerie” and more.
Adapting seamlessly from 'Background Music’ to ‘Music for Dancing’ RHR are the best choice for weddings, private parties and corporate events.
Just drop them a line and Jess, vocalist and manager of the band, will be happy to tailor the perfect set for you!
Olivia Unwin• Nov. 9, 2019
These guys were absolutely fantastic. They were organised, helpful, provided their own AV equipment, and were very flexible amongst many changing plans
And the music was phenomenal. They were so good at reading the room and the tone of each part of the event. They had everyone up dancing!
Amazing, definitely my swing/jazz band of choice for any future events.
Becca ward• June 29, 2019
Just what we were looking for!! We had so many compliments from our guests - Jess is a great singer and looked amazing!! Contact was really easy and everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend the The Red Hot Rags!
Thanks again to Jess and the band.
Peter Richards• April 27, 2019
Jess and the band were fantastic. The music was exactly what we were looking for and really made the party. Lots of great feedback from all our guests. Jess was also very responsive and flexible in designing the right tone and set lists to match what we were looking for. I'd recommend highly.
Alison Parry• April 6, 2019
Jess and the band were amazing, the perfect group for my party. They played two sets of vintage classics which fit the 40s theme perfectly. My children and I loved dancing to their sets and the older guests had just a much fun listening while sitting down.
Luke Gregory• March 3, 2019
I can't speak highly enough of this band, they are professional, talented & sound amazing. Before the wedding Jess worked very hard with the venue to ensure we could have the best possible line up for our reception and set up a surprise happy birthday for the mother of the bride with no problems. Thank you for helping to make our special day fun & memorable. Luke & Noriko
Yvonne Chan• July 12, 2019
Thank you from me and Mat!!!
You and your band have been absolutely fantastic - we really enjoyed having you sing and play so beautifully and for being so flexible with timing.
EVERYONE loved you and the band - they all said you have the most fabulous/ stunning voice and presence. The "EVERYONE" includes all the chefs (they were boogying whilst getting the meal out), the floor staff, and my neighbours who were still working in the garden and didn't quite make over to dinner.
Thank you also for singing the 2 songs I requested - my brother (the one who led the speeches) was very touched as they were for him and thought you sang them beautifully!
We will certainly be in touch again when we entertain with live music again!
With very best wishes to you and all your band members
Yvonne & Mat
Services From The Red Hot Rags - Energetic Swing & Vintage Jazz Band
Jazz & Swing Trio 2 X 50 minutes sets
Jazz & Swing Quartet 2 X 50 minutes sets
Jazz & Swing Band 2 X 50 minutes sets
Jazz & Swing Duo - 2 x 50 Minutes Sets
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:London Based Jazz & Swing Band inspired by the Golden Age of jazz, performing a wide selection of Jazz; Swing; Latin numbers; Italian and French songs and more.
- What are the highlights of your career?Italian Tour 2019 :)
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We haver years of experiende and are availble in different lineups to fit every venue, event and budget. We also have a vast repertoire.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Theaters, Clubs, Jazz Venues and also private events such as Wedding; Galas; Corporate Events and Parties
- Who are your previous clients?St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel (London) Sheraton Grand London Park Lane (London) The Bloomsbury Club - Soho (London) Gordon Ramsey Restaurant - Chelsea, (London) Primobar - Westminster, (London) The Courtyard Theather (London) HMS Belfast (London) Hoxley & Porter - Islington, (London) Top 1 Forever Restaurant - ExCel Marina, London London Science Museum (London) The Peasant Clerkenwell (London) Chealsea Football Club - (London) London Cat Village - Shoreditch, (London) Beagle Restaurant - Hoxton (London) Le Plateau - Canary Warf (London) Royal College of Physicians - Westminster (London) The Bitter Sling - Mayfair (London) The Blind Bee - Bank, (London) Peyote Restaurant - Mayfair (London) The M Restaurant - Bank (London) Barbican (London) The Hospital Club - Covent Garden (London) Trafalgar Tavern - Greenwhich (London) BuenosAires Cafè - Greenwich (London) PizzaExpress (London) Cafe Rouge - Maidstone Scrumptious Tearooms - Great Dunmow, Essex The Pheasant - Buckland, Surrey Pendley Manor - Tring, Hertfordshire Yew Lodge - East Grinstead, Surrey Volti Noti Italian Restaurant - Romford, (London) The Anchor - (London) 170 Queen's Gate - South Kensington, (London) Horse & Groom - (London) The Red Lion - Redhill N°64 at the Joiners - West Malling Royal British Legion - Virginia Water Kettering Park Hotel & Spa - Kettering Hotel Romazzino 5* - Porto Cervo, Italy Hotel Cervo 5* - Porto Cervo, Italy Hotel Pitrizza 5* - Porto Cervo, Italy Hotel Cala di Volpe 5* - Porto Cervo, Italy Sorsi & Morsi Italian Restaurant - East Dulwich, London The Jazz Department - Stoke Newington, London The George Tavern - Shoreditch, London Rattlesnake - Angel, London Alleycat - Tottenham Court Road, London Sun in the Sands - Blackheat, London The George Tavern - Shoreditch, London InSpiral - Camden, London Veranda - Brixton, London Vinyl - Camden, London Cafè Crema - New Cross, London Spice of Life - Soho, London and many more :)
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACs is the preferred method of payment, however also cash and cheques are accepted
- How long do you play for?Our most requested format is 2 x 45 mins sets. We can also perform for: 1 x 60 mins set 3 x 30 mins sets 3 x 45 mins sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA system, fully PAT Tested.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We are covered with Public Liability Insurance up to the value of £10,000,000 through Musicians' Union. PA equipment is fully PAT tested and we can provide PLI certificate and PAT test report if required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you do not find your favourite song on our list, we will be happy to learn it for you, providing that it suits the vocal range of our vocalist, the style of the band, and that we have given enough notice. We offer 2 new songs free of charge and then a small £60 per new tune :)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually need a break after every 45 or 60 minutes of set. Breaks usually last between 15 to 30 minutes. We are happy to accomodate for longer breaks however an additional surcharge is to be applied (from £40 per hour per musician, to be confirmed on a case by case basis)
- How long before do you arrive at the venue to set up?We usually arrive between 1 hour and 45 mins to the venue in order to set up. An early set up can be arranged for a small additional fee.
After You've Gone - Layton & Creamer
Ain’t Misbehavin’ - Fats Waller
Blue Skies - Irving Berlin
Bye Bye Blackbird - Julie London
But Not for Me - George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin.
Embraceable You - George & Ira Gershwin
It Had to Be You - Jones & Kahn
Mack the Knife - Weill & Brecht
Makin’ Whoopee - Ella Fitzgerald
Mean to Me - Fred E. Ahlert - Roy Turk
St. James Infirmary Blues - Louis Armstrong
’S Wonderful - Ella Fitzgerald
A Foggy Day - George Gershwin
All of Me - Billie Holiday
As Time Goes By - Herman Hupfeld
A-Tisket, A-Tasket - Ella Fitzgerald
But Not for Me - George & Ira Gershwin
Cheek To Cheek - Ella Fitzgerald
Dinah - Fats Waller
Dream a Little Dream of Me
Georgia on My Mind - Hoagy Carmichael. Stuart Gorrell
I Got Rhythm - George Gershwin
It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)
It's Only a Paper Moon
Love for Sale - Cole Porter
Mad About the Boy - Dinah Washington
Minnie The Moocher - Cab Calloway
Moonlight Serenade - Glenn Miller
My Funny Valentine - Chet Baker
Night and Day - Cole Porter
On the Sunny Side of the Street - McHugh & Fields
Over the Rainbow - July Garland
Pennies from Heaven - Johnston & Burke
Puttin’ on the Ritz - Ella Fitzgerald
Sophisticated Lady - Duke Ellington
Summertime – Gershwin
Sweet Home Chicago
The Man I Love - Billie Holiday
The Lady is A Tramp – Rodgers/Hart
The Very Thought of You
The Way You Look Tonight
These Foolish Things - Billie Holiday
They Can't Take That Away from Me - George Gershwin
What a Difference a Day Makes
Why Don’t You Do Right? - Peggy Lee
You go to my Head - Ella Fitzgerald
Bei Mir Bist Du Shon -The Andrews Sisters
Besame Mucho - Consuelo Velasquez
Beyond The Sea - Bobby Darin
Baciami Piccina – Alberto Rabagliati
C’est Si Bon - Yves Montand
Every Time We Say Goodbye - Cole Porter
Is You Is or Is You Ain’t My Baby - Louis Jordan
La Vie En Rose - Edit Piaf
Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps
Sing Sing Sing - The Andrews Sisters
Tico Tico - The Andrews Sisters
Autumn Leaves - Edith Piaf
Blue Moon - Ella Fitzgerald
Buona Sera Signorina
Blues Suede Shoes - Elvis Presley
Bye Bye Love - Everly Brothers
Cry Me a River - July London
Fever - Peggy Lee
Fly Me to The Moon - Bart Howard
I Got A Woman - Ray Charles
I Just Want to Make Love to You – Etta James
Love Me or Leave Me - Nina Simone
Lulluby of Birdland
Mack The Knife - Bobby Darin
Misty - Errol Garner - Knight Gladys
My Baby Just Cares for Me - Nina Simone
Smile - Nat King Cole
Sway - Dean Martin
Tu Vuò fa' l'Americano – Renato Carosone
Volare – Domenico Modugno
Água de Beber
At Last - Etta James
Bad Moon Rising
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Come Together - The Beatles
Feelin’ Good - Nina Simone
Georgia - Ray Charles
Hit the Road Jack - Ray Charles
I Feel Good - James Brown
I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
I’m a Believer - The Monkees
I Would Rather Go Blind - Etta James
L. O. V. E. - Nat King Cole
Let’s Face the Music and Dance - Nat King Cole
Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney
Moon River - Andy Williams
Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
My Girl - The Temptations
Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Samba de uma Nota Só - Antônio Carlos Jobim
Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
Sitting On the Dock Of the Bay - Otis Redding
Stand By Me - Ben E. King
So Nice (Summer Samba) - Marcos Valle
Sunny - Bobby Hebb
The Girl from Ipanema
These Boots - Nancy Sinatra
Wave - Antônio Carlos Jobim
What A Difference A Day Makes - Bobby Darin
Ain't No Sunshine – Billy Withers
Use Me - Bill Withers
Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Just the Two of Us – Bill Withers
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Dance Me to The End of Love - Madeleine Peyroux
Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
Our Day Will Come - Amy Winehouse
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
2010 - Today
All About That Bass – Postmodern Jukebox
Get Lucky – Daft Punk
Happy - Pharrell William
Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes