The Quartet are one of the leading professional modern String Quartet groups in Scotland. All our musicians are conservatory trained and we have performed at many prestigious venues across Scotland. Huge repertoire including pop/rock covers.
Whether you are looking for musicians for a wedding, Christmas Party, corporate event, or religious occasion, The Quartet can create the perfect background to your event. We can offer you a String Quartet, String Trio, String Duo, a solo musician and many other combinations including Flute Quartet and Flute Trio to suit your taste and budget.
All The Quartet players are experienced conservatory trained musicians. We work with established professional players of the highest calibre. We have a vast collection of music to suit all tastes including plenty of modern up to date pop arrangements. The Quartet are one of the few ensembles in Scotland who provide Bollywood soundtracks for Asian Weddings . The Quartet can also provide Jewish music arrangeme...
Tim & Steve• 29 Jun 2019
“Dear Morag & Marcus, Steve and I wanted to write to say a massive thank you for the brilliant music that you provided for our wedding at The Yair on 29th June (2019). You helped to make a special day for us both even more magical than we had ever hoped.
The quartet provided the perfect backdrop as our guests gathered and everyone was blown away with the two pieces that Marcus (Marcus Swietlicki Tenor) performed…..I then got to hear some of the quartet which was just beautiful….
Jen Longmire• 31 May 2015
"Hi, just a quick email to say a big big thank you for performing at our wedding last Sunday at carberry tower Although i missed the majority of you playing before the ceremony (sorry for being so late!!) we have had lots of guests saying how fantastic you were. And thankyou for playing outside for us (who wouldve thought the weather would be so amazing!) If there is anywhere to write you a review we would be more than happy to
Jen and Jamie"
Jane Miller• 29 Jun 2019
Very lovely playing. Sounded great I’m very pleased thank you
Kenny Sword• 7 Oct 2017
Hi Morag,This is just a short email to thank you immensely for the absolutely superb performance at Ratho Parish Church on Saturday. The success of a wedding relies so much on background music and “The Quartet” certainly excelled in that regard.Personally, Gill and I missed out somewhat as our arrival, by dint of normal bride and father custom and practice, occurred in the late stages of your performance. However, our guests spoke very highly indeed of your presence and delivery and raved of how...
Kate Armstrong• 14 Mar 2016
Thank you so much for the beautiful music you and the Quartet provided for our wedding. It perfectly complemented our ceremony and gave our reception the sense of a really special occasion. It was lovely to have your advice on choosing the music and from our perspective everything went seamlessly on the day so thank you for helping to make that happen and for giving us a wonderful day!
Kate and Chris"
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Business Events, Balls, Parties, Christmas, Funerals, Religious Events, Marriage Proplosals. Generally anything which requires music!
- How long do you play for?We can be booked for 1 hour Our standard option is 2 hours We also play for 3 hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No
- How much space do you require?About 10 by 10 square feet for the Quartet A little less for the Trio and Duo
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes we are happy to compose an arrangement of your favourite song or piece
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?15 minute break every hour after the first hour.
- Will you play outside?Yes we are happy to play outside weather permitting of course!
BAROQUE & CLASSICAL
Bizet Duet from ‘The Pearl Fishers’
Shostakovich Romance from ‘The Gadfly’
Haydn Quartet 17 op. 3 no.5
Haydn Quartet in D...