"The Pause are a strictly acoustic only duo, consisting of a female vocalist with a beautiful yet powerful voice, and a versatile and tasteful guitar player. Together they put their own touch on many pop and rock classics as well as modern contemporary songs. Some of their set you might never have expected to hear done acoustically, but they pull it off with ease. Their sound is perfect for any wedding venue. can offer ceremony music, after ceremony drinks entertainment and/or evening entertainment.
The acoustic duo are available for functions, weddings, corporate events and live entertainment venues throughout Devon, Cornwall and the South West.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Pause are a strictly acoustic only duo, consisting of a female vocalist with a beautiful yet powerful voice, and a versatile and tasteful guitar player. Together they put their own touch on many pop and rock classics as well as modern contemporary songs. Some of their set you might never have expected to hear done acoustically, but they pull it off with ease. Their sound is perfect for any wedding venue.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have had the pleasure of regularly playing weddings around the South West region for the last 10 years. Being a part of providing the festivities on those special days and getting such great feedback is a continuing highlight and making a lot of new friends along the way too :-)
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Although many acts offer packages/options so to suit your entertainment budget, we DON'T. That is because we want to offer you the best value for money. We don't charge extra for DJ sets or background music. If you want to use a separate DJ that is no problem, but you can save a fair amount of your budget by having us provide this for you. For a small extra fee we can add a very personal touch by learning and performing a song or songs of your choice if they are not already part of our set list.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We find that bank transfer is the easiest and most efficient way to pay for our services.
- How long do you play for?We usually play two sets, each 1 hour long (so 2 hours in total) but we can be as flexible as you need to fit with your event. Just let us know how long you want us to play. Although we are very flexible and accommodating to make your day or event exactly how you want it
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. We have a full range pro PA and stage lights, traveling lights and smoke.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. If you or the venue you are booking require a copy of any certificates just let us know.
- How much space do you require?As its just the two of us we don't need a lot of room , we are also equipped to play outside if that's a preferred choice
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Not a problem :-) for a small extra charge we can learn a new song and keep you updated with its progress before the event date !
Here are some songs we do... adding new songs regularly plus with the option to add a personal touch to your day/event by us learning and playing a song of your choice!
Thinking out loud - Ed Sheer...