The Non-Commitments are a Soul, Motown and Disco party band from Nottingham, available for hire across the East Midlands. Originally inspired by the cult-classic film ‘The Commitments’, we pay tribute to the biggest hits from 60s Motown and soul. Our repertoire also includes some 70s pop and disco, plus a few modern soul and R&B hits from recent years.
We play the greatest tracks from artists such as The Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Martha Reeves, The Four Tops, and Tina Turner, plus modern soul legends like Amy Winehouse and Adele. Our energetic soul, Motown and disco songlist is guaranteed to fill any dance floor!
Fronted by our fantastic female vocalist, the core band consists of a 5 piece lineup, with players from across the East Midlands. We provide a full live setup for your event, including PA, lighting, and backdrop. We are also fully PAT tested and covered by public liability insurance for peace of mind.
We look forward to hearing from you, and hope to bring some sweet soul music to your upcoming event!
Services From The Non-Commitments
Established Soul/Motown/Disco Function Band - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Non-Commitments are a Soul, Motown and Disco party band from Nottingham, available for hire across the East Midlands.
- What are the highlights of your career?The band achieved first place in Nottingham's 2019 'Battle of the Bandstand' competition, earning their place as the headline act for Nottingham's famous Green Festival later that year.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our compact size compared to other soul bands makes us more agile, quicker to set up, easier to fit into smaller venues, and allows for a more competitive price point. We also offer 'solo piano' and 'singer/piano duo' add-ons for weddings, allowing us to offer a full-day service that other bands don't usually provide.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, private parties, birthdays, and corporate functions.
- Who are your previous clients?Private individuals/couples, Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa, Nottingham Green Festival, Farsight Recruitment, Old Nottinghamians' Society, Desford Scarecrow Festival.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via BACS transfer or cash.
- How long do you play for?Typically 2 sets of 45-60 minutes each.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?Ideally 15' by 10' but we can squeeze into smaller spaces if needed!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With enough notice, yes! We regularly learn special requests for our bookers.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of 20-30 minutes between the two sets, but we can be flexible.
A typical gig usually involves 2x 45 minute sets with a short break in-between, though this is completely flexible.
We are happy to work with you to tailor our setlist based on the needs of your event, and can potentially incorporate requests if given plenty of notice.
CURRENT SONG LIST:
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Ain’t Too Proud to Beg† – The Temptations
At Last* – Etta James
Baby Love – The Supremes
Boogie Nights† – Heatwave
Boogie Wonderland† – Earth, Wind & Fire
Beggin’ – Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons
Car Wash† – Rose Royce
Dancing in the Street† – Martha and the Vandellas
Destination Anywhere – The Marvelettes
Disco Inferno† – The Trammps
Everybody Dance† – Chic
Forget You – Cee Lo Green
Get Ready – The Temptations
Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)† – ABBA
Heat Wave – Martha and the Vandellas
Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson
I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) – The Four Tops
I Put a Spell on You – Joss Stone version
I Say a Little Prayer† – Aretha Franklin
I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
If I Ain’t Got You* – Alicia Keys
In The Midnight Hour – Wilson Pickett
It’s the Same Old Song† – The Four Tops
Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
Love Really Hurts Without You – Billy Ocean
Love Train – The O’Jays
Lucille – Little Richard
Mercy – Duffy
Mustang Sally – Wilson Pickett
My Guy† – Mary Wells
Needle in a Haystack – The Velvelettes
No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)† – Barbra Streisand / Donna Summer
Nowhere to Run – Martha Reeves
Peter Gunn Theme – Henry Mancini
Proud Mary – Tina Turner
Reach Out (I’ll Be There) – The Four Tops
Rescue Me – Fontella Bass
Respect – Aretha Franklin
River Deep, Mountain High – Ike & Tina Turner
Someone Like You* – Adele
Something’s Got a Hold on Me – Etta James / Christina Aguilera
Stop! (In the Name of Love) – The Supremes
Tainted Love – Gloria Jones
The Tears of a Clown† – Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
Think – Aretha Franklin
This Old Heart of Mine – The Isley Brothers
Voulez-Vous† – ABBA
We Are Family† – Sister Sledge
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? – The Shirelles
You Keep Me Hangin’ On – The Supremes
You Know I’m No Good – Amy Winehouse
Young Hearts Run Free† – Candi Staton
* Indicates songs performed with piano and vocals only
† Indicates abridged version performed within a medley