Duo & Solo
It wouldn’t be unfair to say The Crutwell’s have been around a bit (musically speaking, of course). Between them, Andi and Nico have procured recording and publishing deals, penned top UK Chart Hits for the BBC, written and produced for companies such as Fox USA, 19 Entertainment, Decca Records and Universal and toured with likes of The Pogues and The Stranglers… This doth make a fine brew!
Now, their new guitar/violin duo is here to bring you a fantastic set of acoustically reinvented classics, utilising all their experience and swagger to sonically set your night on fire! Bringing both humour and professionalism, these guys are must for any venue that loves great acoustic music. Strictly no backing tracks, The Crutwell’s aren’t just keeping acoustic music live... they are keeping it alive, and God bless em’ for it.
You can book us as solo (acoustic guitar and vocals) or a duo (acoustic guitar, violin and two vocals) or even just the violin for your wedding or other event.
Mrs Helen Roberts• May 18, 2019
Andi and Nico were the perfect choice. They kept the crowd entertained with a variety of song's and Nico playing the violin compliments Andi and his vocals perfectly. They were professional, friendly and everyone of our guests sang their praises and cannot wait to hear them again! I will definetly be booking them again for future events.
Sian Rogerson• Feb. 16, 2019
Amazing. Lovely people who tailored their performance to our event beautifully. Tasteful yet soul-stirring. We all had a great night. Thanks
Rose Hurley• Feb. 1, 2019
I booked The Crutwells for my birthday party on recommendation from a friend and it was the best decision ever. From that moment of booking the experience was exceptional. They were in touch several times to confirm the booking and to ensure that the music was exactly as we wanted, even providing a personalised play list for background music between their sets. Everyone complimented our choice of band and guests are considering using them for future parties. I cannot praise them enough for their performance, my advice would be, ‘don’t even think about it’ book The Crutwells and your party will definitely be a resounding success. Live music at its best. Thanks Andi and Nico, you’re both stars!
Lisa Mcdonald• Aug. 31, 2018
"We first saw The Crutwells at a friends house party in September 2017 and were blown away.
We spoke to them and asked if they would be interested in performing at our wedding.
We had such good fun planning- emailing and FaceTiming to agree songs and format.
I cannot speak highly enough of how fantastic they were on the day.
Nico performed the electric violin during our ceremony, with a mixture of classic and modern songs whilst we walked down the aisle and signed the wedding register. Wow, it brings tears to my eyes every time I remember it!
They then both performed an acoustic set during our drinks reception and then another 1 hour full set at night, including a fabulous version of our first dance Ain’t nobody by Chaka Khan.
They really did make it a special day and night for us and we would recommend them in a heartbeat!"
Cara Louise Waterfield• Dec. 2, 2018
I have seen the crutwells at past events and they are amazing. Really do get the party going. I was having a party myself and had to get them to play. They were outstanding. Everyone commented how amazing they were and asked where did I find these hidden gems. Would highly recommend and will definitely use again in the future. Thankyou for making my night. Hopefully see you both again soon xx
Thomas Mcdonald• Aug. 30, 2018
Andi and Nico played at our wedding. The both made the day incredibly special. Such a lovely couple and so accommodating. Hugely recommend. We saw them first at an early birthday party a friend was having and we just had to have them for our wedding day and it was the best decision we could have made for our special day.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:World travelled very experienced acoustic duo featuring acoutic guitar, violin and male and female vocals. Acoustically remodelling some great songs with a wry smile.
- What are the highlights of your career?Record deals, publishing deals, written 2x top 40 uk chart hits and also written for many many clients in television, as players we have played every where from Portugal to Moscow, Vienna to Dubai! We love playing events that mean something to people.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Great professional players with years of knowledge as music industry professionals. We are even able to host event if needed. We are happy to play music through our pa in between sets. You will know all the songs we play but never heard them done like this before. happy to travel, will generally waiver any PRS fee paid by the venue. We bring some lights and are always ready for a good time.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We have played everywhere from weddings to festivals, corporate events to Caves.
- Who are your previous clients?Some clients who we have played for as a duo or as individuals are the likes of Pepsi, moscow Irish festival, numerous hotels in the UAE, Thornley Leisure LTD, Very Creative Event LTD, Crewe Beer festival, numerous weddings, bars and private events, ...far too many to go through. Please see our great reviews.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash, BACS.
- How long do you play for?We can organise this to suit, but, most events are 2x45 mins or variations of.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA and some lights for our set.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Not much, we have played some very small places.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?No problem, as long as we have a little notice we should be able to sort that out.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?This depends on how long our sets are, usually we would do 2x45min and take about a half hour break in between
We can provide our services as a duo or solo (male guitar vocal or violinist)
A Selection Of Some Of The Songs We Play
Fat Bottomed Girls : Queen
King : Years & Years
Jolene : Dolly Parton
Dancing On My Own : Robyn
Hungry Heart : Bruce Springsteen
Whole Lotta Rosie : ACDC
Apologise : Timberland & One Republic
America : Razorlight
Ain't Nobody : Chaka Khan & Rufus
Human : Rag And Bone Man
Centrefold : J Giles Band
Proud Mary : Creedance Clearwater Revival
Hey There Delilah : Plain White T's
Cry Me A River : Justin Timberlake
Living On A Prayer : Bon Jovi
Hit Me Baby One More Time : Britney Spears
Purple Rain : Prince
Rocking In The Free World : Neil Young
Love Yourself : Justin Bieber
Rolling In The Deep : Adele
Love Will Come Through : Travis
Shook Me All Night Long : ACDC
Royals : Lorde
Lightening Bolt : Jake Bug
Pompei : Bastille
Get Lucky : Pharell
That's Entertainment : The Jam
Sit Down : James
That's Not My Name : The Ting Tings
In The Air Tonight : Phil Collins
Look Of Love : ABC
Bang On The Ear : Waterboys
Under The Bridge : The Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Moondance : Van Morrison
Will The Circle Be Unbroken : Trad
Wishing Well : Free
PLUS LOADS MORE....