The Cheers (BRAND NEW VIDEOS!)
The Cheers are a fun and highly professional party band with a modern edge based in Surrey. Founded in June 2012, by three, The Cheers quickly became five, offering male and female lead vocals which forms part of their core line-up (the Quintet). Fast forward to 2019 and a few hundred events later, this versatile family of musicians now offer a range of line-ups from a small but dynamic acoustic duo through to the stylish and powerful eight piece with four vocalists.
This experienced and exciting collaboration perform a variety of classic and upbeat tunes from the 50’s to current day; they want to ensure that your party is the best it can be so that you and your guests leave with great memories, and a story to tell!
Coupled with the frequent weddings and parties The Cheers have performed at since forming in 2012, this eclectic ensemble have entertained clients such as the US Embassy, Kraft-Heinz and Ericsson, to name a few. Their testimonials that numerously describe this entertaining band as "brilliant", "professional" and "friendly", is recognition of the skill and care that is committed to every performance.
To guarantee that the entertainment for your occasion is easy and hassle-free, The Cheers will provide:
--- An on-hand, dedicated professional service leading up to, and on the day of your event
--- PA and stage lighting (suitable for up to 200 guests)
--- A pre-mixed playlist of background music to help keep your event alive and kicking (played before, between, after live sets)
Public Liability Insurance, PAT and risk assessment documents are all available upon request.
The Cheers are available for weddings, parties, events and any other occasion you are celebrating.
Quintet (male & female vocals, keys, electric guitar, bass, drums)
Quartet (vocals, electric guitar, bass, drums)
Want to funk things up with a SAXOPHONE? Be sure to request upon booking so you don’t miss out!!!
8IGHT (2x female vocals, 2x male vocals, keys, saxophone, electric guitar, bass, drums)
7VEN (2x female vocals, 2x male vocals, keys, electric guitar, bass, drums)***
***Swap one vocalist for a saxophonist!
Trio (vocals, acoustic guitar, cajon)
Duo (vocals, acoustic guitar)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SERVICE?
The Cheers provide different packages according to the service you require; please get in touch for an accurate quote. A few of their specialties are listed below:
- The learning of your first dance (or other song request - up to two)
- Tailored set (your party, your music - see repertoire in the section above)
- Bespoke Playlist (all of your favourite songs & artists combined into one album, played through the PA system before/between/after live sets)
- DJ-Style Playlist (manned iPad with over 7000 songs - allowing your guests to make requests throughout the evening!)
- Live lounge style acoustic set for your drinks & welcome reception.
- Live evening sets from 90 - 165 minutes (divided to suit your requirements)
- 1-1 consultation & site visit
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING IN BETWEEN THE FULL BAND AND ACOUSTIC SOUND?
Check out I Do Party, a sister band of The Cheers (just type in the following at the end of the Poptop weblink): /supplier/i-do-party/
FOR YOUR INFO
All requests are dealt with directly between yourself and The Cheers. Got questions? Get in touch, The Cheers would love to hear from you!
Tina Daniel• April 12, 2019
Really professional and stress free!
Joshua• Jan. 26, 2019
We hired the two-piece set for our University Ball and they were absolutely exquisite. Everybody loved the energy, vibe and song selection, and they were also a dream logistically- Ben replied quickly and with a really friendly manner. Would definitely recommend this band to anyone that want's to have a good time at their function!
Mrs Jutta Johnson• Oct. 20, 2018
"If 5 is the highest one can give!
We love giving parties and also being guests and this band was the very best we ever experienced - they were fantastic! There were mainly two generations present around 40ish and over 70 and ALL our guests danced all evening, even an 89 year old! The atmosphere was indescribable and even the bar staff were dancing behind the bar.
We left it up to the band to choose which songs, just gave them a few of our favourites from their list and that worked so well - as they clearly could read their audience. And to start with the saxophone player coming in on a solo was just brill."
Jez & Jo (Wedding Sept 2018)• Sept. 1, 2018
"We organised The Cheers to play at our wedding in September 2018, and it was one of the best decisions of the day. I think there are three reasons why I would recommend them:
1. The music is great - The Cheers played a selection of oldies and new music to cater to the tastes of all our guests. We had a lot of kids and they even played some things purposefully to get them on the dance floor with their parents - a lovely touch. They are very talented musicians (with credentials!) and made everything sound great in our venue, even though they only had a short time to sound-check. We received numerous compliments that the band were excellent. They learnt our first dance perfectly and performed it exactly how we wanted. Just fantastic.
2. They are very professional - Our speeches and breakfast overran by about 45 minutes, but the band were extremely accommodating and calm about the delay. They setup extremely quickly to get us back on track and they were thoroughly proficient in breaking down at the end. They brought all their own equipment and everything looked and sounded great.
3. They were very easy to work with - Even though we didn’t meet the band until the day of the wedding, they were extremely easy and pleasant to deal with. Our main point of contact was Ben (the band manager) who was charming, quick to respond to calls and messages and very helpful. Formal arrangements were quick and professional and the entire interaction went very smoothly.
Overall, the experience of hiring and hearing The Cheers was faultless. Thank you so much for rounding off our special day with fantastic entertainment."
Julie & Ross (wedding)• Aug. 18, 2018
The Cheers provided fantastic live music for our evening wedding reception. They were fun, friendly and professional. Ben made it simple to arrange before the day what we’d like performed providing a large playlist for us to choose from. Don’t hesitate to book The Cheers - you won’t be disappointed.
Tom & Emily• July 28, 2018
These guys were absolutely superb. We hired them for our wedding. Ben gave a personal call after I enquired, they weren’t part of an agency. Very personable and very easy to talk to. We hadn’t met them before the day and you are never sure how these things can go but they by far exceeded our expectations. They had great energy on the night, which made for an incredible evening of their live tracks. Ben also helped produce a bespoke playlist for us and played these songs when they were not playing live. They were professional and supportive throughout the whole process and our guests loved their performance on the night. Thank you so much.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Fun, highly professional & modern party band!
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing on Level 69 on The View from The Shard for Kraft Heinz Christmas party in December 2018. And, pioneering the 5G movement for Ericsson in August 2018, performing live in two separate rooms, using 5G technology to demonstrate the reduction in latency.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Male and female lead vocals, modern, professional
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties and corporate events.
- Who are your previous clients?The Cheers have performed at numerous wedding venues. Corporate clients include: US Embassy, Kraft Heinz, Ericsson, ForgeRock, John Lewis, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Young's Pub, 5G Communications, Hemmersbach UK, Harken UK, Commission (New Frontiers), Army Barracks (Bicester, Cirencester, Aldershot, Thorney Island & Tidworth)
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS, cheque or cash (an initial 25% deposit is required to secure a booking).
- How long do you play for?2x 60 minutes or, 3x 40 minute sets. Longer and shorter sets are available, if required please make request upon enquiry.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, at no extra cost.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes - PLI insurance up to £10m and equipment PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?Quartet/Quintet/Sextet - 4m across by 3.5m in depth. Acoustic Duo/Trio - 3m across by 2.5 in depth. If space is limited at your venue, The Cheers will gladly adapt within' reason.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Your party, your music! The Cheers want to ensure that your occasion feels personal to you; as part of their Standard Package they will learn your first dance/ one song request of choice and tailor the set to your preference.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?A minimum of one break required. Suggested length of breaks between sets: 15 - 45 minutes.
- How long do you need to set up?Quartet, Quintet & Sextet - a minimum of 60 minutes. Duo & Trio - a minimum of 45 minutes. This includes set up and sound check only. Additional time will be required to load equipment into the performing area.
I Got a Women - Ray Charles
Jailhouse Rock - Elvis
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
Rock Around the Clock – Bill Haley
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
Gimme Some Lovin’ – Spencer Davis Group
God Only Knows – The Beach Boy
Higher & Higher (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) - Jackie Wilson
Hit the Road Jack - Ray Charles
I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
I’m a Believer – The Monkees
I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
I Want You Back - Jackson 5
Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
My Girl - The Temptations
Rescue Me - Fontella Bass
RESPECT - Aretha Franklin
Say A Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin
Sittin’ On The Dock - Otis Redding
Suspicious Minds - Elvis
Twist And Shout - The Beatles
You Can’t Hurry Love - The Supremes
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
ABC - Jackson 5
Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
Blame It On The Boogie - The Jacksons
Car Wash - Rose Royce
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
December, 1963 (Oh What A Night) - Frankie Valli
Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen
Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
Easy - Lionel Richie
Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder
Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
I Wish - Stevie Wonder
Long Train Runnin' - The Doobie Brothers
Mamma Mia - Abba
Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
Rock With You - Michael Jackson
September - Earth, Wind & Fire
Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
We Are Family - Sister Sledge
9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
Ain’t Nobody - Chaka Khan
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
Celebration - Kool & The Gang
Easy Lover - Phil Collins
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
Faith - George Michael
I’m So Excited - The Pointer Sisters
I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
Just The Two Of Us - Grover Washington
Kiss - Prince
Livin’ On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Summer Of 69 – Bryan Adams
Take On Me - Aha
The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham
Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
You Make My Dreams - Daryl Hall & John Oates
All Star - Smash Mouth
Dancing In The Moonlight - Toploader
Kiss Me – Sixpence None The Richer
Let Me Entertain You - Robbie Williams
Place Your Hands - Reef
Time Of Your Life - Green Day
Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai
Waterfalls - TLC
Wonderwall - Oasis
American Boy – Estelle
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Crazy In Love - Beyoncé
Fascination - Alphabeat
Hey Ya! – Outkast
Hey, Soul Sister - Train
I Believe In A Thing Called Love - The Darkness
If I Ain’t Got You - Alicia Keys
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
King of The Swingers - Dominic Halpin & The Honey B’s
Lady Marmalade - Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink
Mama Do - Pixie Lott
Mercy - Duffy
Mr Brightside - The Killers
Naïve - The Kooks
Senorita - Justin Timberlake
Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
She Moves in Her Own Way – The Kooks
Somebody Told Me – The Killers
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Take Your Mama - Scissor Sisters
Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
2010 - Current
Adventure Of A Lifetime - Coldplay
All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor
Cake By The Ocean - DNCE
Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
Can’t Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake
Castle On The Hill - Ed Sheeran
Chocolate - The 1975
Domino - Jessie J
Firework - Katy Perry
Forget You - Cee Lo Green
Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Happy - Pharrell Williams
Ho Hey – The Lumineers
Hold Back The River - James Bay
Hold My Hand - Jess Glynne
I Can't Feel My Face - The Weekend
I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons
Locked Out of Heaven – Bruno Mars
Love On Top - Beyoncé
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera
Paradise - George Ezra
Price Tag - Jessie J
Rolling In The Deep - Adele
Rude - Magic!
Shut Up And Dance - Walk The Moon
Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
Treasure - Bruno Mars
Troublemaker - Olly Murs
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars
You’ve Got The Love - Florence + the Machine