The Alchemists recreate pop classics from the 30’s to the present day in their own vintage style. They experiment with swing, latin, jazz, soul, funk and more to create a very entertaining night full of surprises. Their repertoire consists of pop favourites from acts as varied as Coldplay, Nina Simone, Arctic Monkeys, Backstreet and many more. Expect your favourite songs in ways you've never heard them before.
Each band member has had their own career from playing in professional function bands, playing known festivals and playing hotel contracts worldwide. The band caters to any occasion from chilled, unplugged, lounge music to the front of stage party as the main event.
Rob South• 19 Apr 2019
"Just wow! The band sounded amazing and filled the dance floor! Booked them for our wedding and had such a great sound but also great fun and clearly seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Ryan was fantastic in terms of communication and also put on a brilliant DJ set that kept everybody on their feet.
Thank you for making it an awesome evening.
Hayley & Rob xx"
Cath Dutton• 20 Jun 2018
Really thrilled with the Alchemists. They performed for a corporate event where we wanted relaxed (but upbeat) music played at a volume that created a great atmosphere whilst enabling our guests to talk and they managed this perfectly. all really pleasant, personal and professional. I would definitely recommend and rebook.
Ann Barret• 30 Mar 2019
"The Alchemists played for my mum’s retirement and birthday party and were a real success! Everyone loved the band and the set they chose. It was unique and very stylish; I think people love hearing something familiar presented in a different way. This is something they did excellently. The arrangements are very fun but also elegant and polished. They were professional and looked great.
The band were so friendly and completely flexible. I would have no hesitation in booking them again or ...
Kim Allen• 16 Jun 2018
The Alchemists are fantastic, not only do they sound great but they are super friendly and flexible which made for a fantastic day filled with wonderful music and a great atmosphere. On the lead up to the wedding Ryan was on hand to answer any questions and rang me a week before to go through any final details. Thanks to the communications before hand everything went perfectly on the day, despite the rain which meant we changed plans last minute. Nothing was too much trouble for the band and the...
Hannah Marchant-Collier• 25 May 2019
We hired The Alchemists for our wedding party and they were phenomenal. They're incredibly talented and had everyone on their feet loving their lives from the first song. They were so good that people were even trying to dance during their sound checks! Their customer service was excellent from day one and the whole band are lovely, lovely people. We've had so many of our guests commenting on how amazing they were, not just in their performance, but also in their vintage, quirky music style. The...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A night of curiosity, dancing and great memories.
- What are the highlights of your career?We recently have just played the Cumbria Tourism Awards 2018 playing in front of over 200 VIPs.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Parties and Corporate Events.
- Who are your previous clients?Our most recent client was Cumbria Tourism Awards 2018. We have done countless weddings and parties all over the UK.
- How long do you play for?we play in sets of 45 minutes. We will play up to 4 sets an event.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- What style of music do you offer?Pop music from the 20s to the current day usually recreated in a vintage style. These styles come in the form of Jazz, swing, funk, latin and soul.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?3 songs per client
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes
Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
Clocks - Coldplay
My Baby Just Cares - Nina Simone
I wish I knew how it would feel to be free - Nina Simone
I want you back - Jackson 5
Girl from Ipanema - Astrud Gil...